Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 yr old season ticket holder charged as adult, club won't fully refund....advice please.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Unbelievable. A clear cut mistake that they have acknowledged, but somehow have created a scenario saying that you could have been dishonest enough to take an adult in up to the time you pointed out the error. I would want an apology for such a slur, mistakes happen it's the way people deal with them that matters. Not a great way to treat a family who should be the clubs future.

:facepalm:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
so if this was reversed and you were being charged a child price by the club for what should have been an adult ticket, I am sure that the club would not have been suggesting that a child may have been going and therefore no need to pay the difference for that period.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He must have some very bad off days if that's true

Such as when, his dealing with specific customer issues when raised to him have been exemplary from what I have seen and heard.

SurprisedSeagull

Oct 6, 2014
I emailed Paul, he replied in exactly eight minutes - now that's impressive! Paul has passed on my details to Jenny Gover, head of customer services. Be in touch with further news.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
What was your experience? Genuinely interested.
Best forgotten. Really don't want to share it and have it dissected and hear people's views who have no knowledge or idea. That's not meant as a dig at anyone in particular, just a recognition of what happens. Suffice to say that the experience really made me question my 'relationship' with the club, which is a big deal for me.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Best forgotten. Really don't want to share it and have it dissected and hear people's views who have no knowledge or idea. That's not meant as a dig at anyone in particular, just a recognition of what happens. Suffice to say that the experience really made me question my 'relationship' with the club, which is a big deal for me.

Fair enough.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
An admin mistake by a jobsworth is sad, but it happens. What worries me is that episodes like this so often reflect a dysfunctional and inward-looking culture such as you might find in, say, Network Rail or the town hall. They simply shouldn't happen in a community-facing football club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Unbelievable. A clear cut mistake that they have acknowledged, but somehow have created a scenario saying that you could have been dishonest enough to take an adult in up to the time you pointed out the error. I would want an apology for such a slur, mistakes happen it's the way people deal with them that matters. Not a great way to treat a family who should be the clubs future.

Why the facepalm - surely his post is spot on?!

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Paul Barber replied to an email sent to him around 9.30 on a monday evening in around 8 minutes? I'd say that was very impressive of the man!

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Just one thing to mention - I had an issue earlier in the year, and he was extremely unhelpful when I emailed him. The Supporter Services team had given me incorrect information, so I emailed Paul Barber to see if he could help - he was very abrupt in his emails, and basically accused me of lying.

Lost a lot of respect for him and the club over that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why the facepalm - surely his post is spot on?!

The facepalm was because the tone of the post was seemingly about demanding an apology for a slur rather than getting the issue sorted which it appears PB is now doing. By all means say that you were disappointed by the comment but put it in perspective. It's up there with using a threat to go to the Argus as your opening gambit. I wonder whether PB has already apologised in his reply, which, from my experience, would be par for the course.

There are of course exceptions and without detail it would be difficult to comment on the rights or wrongs of each issue. Suffice to say, anyone and any organisation can get it wrong. The best example was of course the 'indignity' suffered by Big Belly (I think that's who it was but apologies if I'm wrong).

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
What a joke, impressive Barber got back so quick, let us know the outcome.

Im surprised and impressed Barber has resolved issues personally. Barber in for abit longer! :albion2:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Fair play to Paul Barber, but something is not right if the only way to get things resolved is to go straight to the main man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here