Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 3rd Investec Test: England v Pakistan at Edgbaston, Aug 3-7, 2016

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Damn... left the room for a few minutes and Woakes is gone... 244-7 :nono:

Replay shows that was a pretty good ball from Rahat Ali to Woakes. And Broad is taking a peppering already.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Given out caught on field... conclusive not out on the catch on review... umpires call on the LBW... so not out as it wasn't given out on the pitch... clear as mud.

245-7

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Given out caught on field... conclusive not out on the catch on review... umpires call on the LBW... so not out as it wasn't given out on the pitch... clear as mud.

245-7

All makes perfect sense, to be fair.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Moeen Ali 50* (99 balls, 5 fours)... gets there with a typically wristy pull to midwicket for four :clap2:

England 251-7 (74.2 overs) with just Finn and Anderson in the hutch.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

245-7
Seems clear to me.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 275-7 (80 overs, RR3.44), Ali 62* Broad 13*

It is 17.53, there have been no delays in play and they have only bowled 80 overs :nono:

The new ball is due...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and now the new ball is taken after 80.1 overs... and immediately Broad slashes at a wide one from Amir and is caught by Azhar Ali above his head at 3rd slip

276-8 (80.2 overs)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'll tell you what doesn't seem clear to me - Nasser is saying that he would have been out if all tracking was red - I don't see why, as there was no review for LBW. Even if it was in line and hitting middle, surely that should still be not out?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'll tell you what doesn't seem clear to me - Nasser is saying that he would have been out if all tracking was red - I don't see why, as there was no review for LBW. Even if it was in line and hitting middle, surely that should still be not out?

He would indeed have been given out... as the review covers all possible dismissals.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He would indeed have been given out... as the review covers all possible dismissals.
That seems harsh. Given out caught, Ali reviews and the review backs him up. It would then be weird to give a batsman out for something the umpire didn't give when the batsman is the one who reviewed it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Finn trapped in front... not given... reviewed... Sohail after his fifth wicket...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ali out. Not a good total. Ali should review to check the front foot.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Horrible shot from Ali... slashing drive outside off... caught behind.. 63 from 118 balls

England 278-9

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why the fvck did Finn take a single off the last ball of the previous over to expose himself to another over with a brand new ball? Brain dead cricket.

Ali should be taking charge here FFS!

Edit - he's now out #hownottobattwiththetail

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we're all out around now, will Pak have to bat for 10mins or so it is it too late?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here