Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 UK Schoolgirls gone to Syria

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I think the problem with UK border security is they've been focused very much on preventing unwanted / dangerous people entering the country - I'm sure it's a lot easier to leave the UK by whatever means available than it is to enter.

This can't be true, the percentage of foreign prisoners in UK prisons has never been higher.......

https://www.justice.gov.uk/offenders/types-of-offender/foreign

That number doesn't reflect any of the 3m or so new British citizens who would previously have been foreigners.

As an additional point it is a regular refrain on the news about how there are thousands of convicted foreign prisoners not deported from the UK despite that being part of their sentence.........so on this evidence it would appear that "UK border security" is an oxymoron.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Unfortunately there does not seem to be the same media coverage.

Indeed, the media coverage is interesting in the context of how the direction of travel for the narrative is that these girls have been "groomed" by IS. I heard this line on R4 and R5 this morning.

Given the current trend of "grooming" it's victims and purpetrators in the UK this seems a strange development to this current story.

I note that the UK Police and media have been chasing after these 3 girls all over Europe and Asia Minor to try and prevent them falling into the clutches off these "groomers".

The irony of the exertions of the police in this case and their counterparts in South Yorkshire (and no doubt elsewhere) is startling.

For the life of me I can't think of why these British girls would be treated any differently from British girls in Rotherham can you?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Indeed, the media coverage is interesting in the context of how the direction of travel for the narrative is that these girls have been "groomed" by IS. I heard this line on R4 and R5 this morning.

Given the current trend of "grooming" it's victims and purpetrators in the UK this seems a strange development to this current story.

I note that the UK Police and media have been chasing after these 3 girls all over Europe and Asia Minor to try and prevent them falling into the clutches off these "groomers".

The irony of the exertions of the police in this case and their counterparts in South Yorkshire (and no doubt elsewhere) is startling.

For the life of me I can't think of why these British girls would be treated any differently from British girls in Rotherham can you?

Exactly

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
according to the BBC they have gone over the border into Syria:wave:bye bye girls send a postcard

sad times. By now the reality of what they were coaxed over will likely be in full force and the men will be queuing by their tent waiting to be entertained. They won't find getting back without help easy, nor the conditions. No doubt they were not expecting a holiday camp, but watching cockroaches crawl the walls while someone pounds them will not be fun.

But I have little sympathy. Whatever they thought they were going for, whatever their reasons, they must be stupid if they think that the men fighting out there are saving themselves for the virgins in heaven.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
sad times. By now the reality of what they were coaxed over will likely be in full force and the men will be queuing by their tent waiting to be entertained. They won't find getting back without help easy, nor the conditions. No doubt they were not expecting a holiday camp, but watching cockroaches crawl the walls while someone pounds them will not be fun.

For shame. Plenty of white British girls pay good money to get boned senseless in magaluf and Tenerife by beer stinking northerners. Why shouldn't nice Bangladeshi girls enjoy a similar fun packed adventure in a pile of rubble on the Iraqi border? At least there's a chance for loosing off a few rounds from an AK47 at pictures of Barack Obama while the boys are out beheading infidels between 8 and 4.

On a.serious note these young ung ladies are lost to us now. They won't be back and they went of their own will. They're misled and about to enter a very dark place. I personally feel very sorry for them and their families.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
For shame. Plenty of white British girls pay good money to get boned senseless in magaluf and Tenerife by beer stinking northerners. Why shouldn't nice Bangladeshi girls enjoy a similar fun packed adventure in a pile of rubble on the Iraqi border? At least there's a chance for loosing off a few rounds from an AK47 at pictures of Barack Obama while the boys are out beheading infidels between 8 and 4.

On a.serious note these young ung ladies are lost to us now. They won't be back and they went of their own will. They're misled and about to enter a very dark place. I personally feel very sorry for them and their families.
They haven't been misled at all , as I've said earlier , they know exactly what they're getting into.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
They haven't been misled at all , as I've said earlier , they know exactly what they're getting into.

Which assumes that, as a 15 year old, you were the well rounded and insightful Bangladeshi Muslim that we see before us today.

You can't possibly know how much they were coerced or misinformed prior to them hooking up with the beheading gang so, much as I like your posts, you can't possibly have any idea what motivated them.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Which assumes that, as a 15 year old, you were the well rounded and insightful Bangladeshi Muslim that we see before us today.

You can't possibly know how much they were coerced or misinformed prior to them hooking up with the beheading gang so, much as I like your posts, you can't possibly have any idea what motivated them.

If the Govt think that thousands of15 year old girls are old enough to have contrastive devices fitted without their parents consent, then 15 is plenty old enough to understand that Syria today is a dangerous place.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/hea...age-girls-seeking-contraceptive-implants.html

They were bright and academically gifted, with potential to make good in their lives, they were not in state care homes unloved and vulnerable.

They may regret their choice in time, however given their levels of intelligence they made their choices with cognitive reasoning. The fact they got there so quickly and without raising suspicions is testament to that.

I would have more sympathy if they were dinlows but they are not. Far from it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Maybe the parents are not that shocked and had been running down the West and poisoning their minds...if so they might now regret it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Brainwashed eh?,

it wont be the first time ive hear that word used alongside a religion.

I wonder, are these 3 girls 15,15 and 16 just children with no moral compass or sense of right or wrong? The lobby group doing the rounds at the moment for parliamentary reform and pushing for voting for 16 year olds would say two can vote within a year and one can and should be able to vote now.

Naive children eh?

If you want to defeat these monsters its time to call a spade a spade, they are a religious murdering terrorist cult. Simply referring to them as terrorists and ignoring the religious angle is utter madness.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Although as usual I agree with the above, let's not forget they have seen or heard of the beheadings here and abroad, they know the hatred of all things western they know the ideology of this group. The more cynical side of me says...... Nah feck em.... Would the press and politicians be up in arms with campaigns or the police be chasing after them had it been white girls going to join Hitler and the right wing Nazis ? I think we can safely say no the press would be hounding the parents and background headlines like nazi scum. Before anyone has a go at me, let me state both are evil abhorrent groups and I see not much difference between them.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Although as usual I agree with the above, let's not forget they have seen or heard of the beheadings here and abroad, they know the hatred of all things western they know the ideology of this group. The more cynical side of me says...... Nah feck em.... Would the press and politicians be up in arms with campaigns or the police be chasing after them had it been white girls going to join Hitler and the right wing Nazis ? I think we can safely say no the press would be hounding the parents and background headlines like nazi scum. Before anyone has a go at me, let me state both are evil abhorrent groups and I see not much difference between them.

I think you have a valid point in a broader sense of where we are as a country today.

the fact that you asked people to not have a go at you for expressing an opinion speaks volumes as to where we are at in this country at the moment.Rational debate has been replaced by irrational thinking,political groundstanding and slurs.Pretty poor beginnings if you are trying to sort out major problems

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I can see what you mean to an extent -final para, I mean! Older folk can look back with more life experience and realise that what these girls are letting themselves in for, is probably not what they imagine their future life to be, even allowing for their conversion to and enthusiasm for radicalism and IS excesses in particular.

I fully accept that some families may look at the situation with bewilderment, and wonder what on earth has gone wrong, but I think almost without exception, after each defection, the worried family has claimed on TV that they have absolutely no idea as to how this could have happened, which I find hard to believe. From 35 years of teaching, I know that the single-most influence on a child will be that of the home. Thankfully, in most cases, it will be benign and supportive of the school and reasonable standards. However with a minority of children, this will not be the case, and when the child's behaviour starts to really disrupt, then the stock reaction is almost always - it is either the school's basic fault, or that the behaviour is fine at home and there is no problem. Either way, the parents are in denial and try to find excuses rather than accept responsibility for their own child's upbringing.

I feel that the principle could well be the same here - the upbringing in these cases involving possibly much anti-western sentiment and quite probably a determination to live separate lives, may well have been the spur for radicalisation, though admittedly this end-product might not have been the intention of the family. Also, during the radicalisation process, would they not have noticed a difference? - new friends, clothes, increased use of the Internet, argumentative behaviour, going out more often, etc etc. One mum even claimed after her son had gone to Syria, that she thought he was going on a school trip . ..

Of course, as a parent, you can see the anguish that these people are going through, but as to whether I feel totally sorry for them, I am not at all sure that I do. Again, let me reiterate that it is quite possible that a youngster could be heavily influenced by others, even despite much parental love and guidance etc, but not in every case by a long shot. By and large, you reap what you sow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here