Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 UK Schoolgirls gone to Syria

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Perfectly true and done deliberately :)

Compare the way I have used them to how much of the media have - a few of the headlines.

[h=1]27 percent of British Muslims sympathize with Charlie Hebdo attackers - Telegraph
[/h][h=1]A quarter of British Muslims have sympathy for motives behind Charlie Hebdo attack - Mail
[/h][h=1]More than a quarter of British Muslims have 'some sympathy' for Charlie Hebdo killers - Express
[/h]

I think we can thus agree that stats can be manipulated, but then we all knew that anyway!

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Seeing as there was no question about 'attacks against the West' I'm not sure where you get your figures from ???

I find it quite heartening that whilst 78% of British Muslims find cartoons deeply offensive 'only' 15% agree that those who do deserve to be attacked. That figure has to be tempered by the answer that 93% say British Laws should always be obeyed.

More disturbing is that whilst 95% feel loyal to Britain nearly 50% don't feel that loyalty is reciprocated in so far as 51% think Britain is becoming more intolerant of Muslims and 49% thinks there is a general prejudice against Islam making it difficult to be a Muslim in the UK.

I was reflecting on the statistic of 95% feeling loyal to Britain, which is undoubtedly a positive outcome, however I wonder if the outcome would be as high as 95% if the question asked was "who do you feel more loyal to, Britain or your prophet/religion?"

Surely this is the killer question, as even for Jews and Christians these days the vast majority would feel more allegiance to the state than their religion.

What do you think, 95% or lower?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It may be disturbing, I agree, that so many Muslims now feel intolerance growing. I wonder how on earth that could be any different?
But which way is the intolerance? I doubt if British Muslims have experienced anything like the levels of intolerance practised by IS, The Taliban, Boko Haram (sp?), etc.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But which way is the intolerance? I doubt if British Muslims have experienced anything like the levels of intolerance practised by IS, The Taliban, Boko Haram (sp?), etc.
I would imagine that the increased intolerance is largely a perception or an undercurrent. However that's more in areas of Sussex that i am familiar with. I wouldn't like to comment about areas with huge Muslim populations though. And I agree, tolerance levels are subjective. I think the English are largely very accepting and tolerant people. Probably to a fault.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Four more girls at London school where ISIS teenagers studied are monitored by anti-terror unit as family voices fears that police action prompted trio to go to Syria
Seven girls at Bethnal Green Academy considered open to radicalisation
This included trio who fled to Syria last month after flying to Turkey
Whole group sent letters asking parents if police could take statements
These never reached those of the three teenagers now with ISIS
Family question whether letters left girls feeling 'victimised' by detectives

A further four girls who attend the same east London school as three teenagers who travelled to Syria to join ISIS are being monitored by detectives over fears they may seek to do the same.
Including the trio who succeeded in leaving Britain last month, it is thought a total of seven girls at Bethnal Green Academy were considered vulnerable to being radicalised as early as December when a fellow female pupil went to join the jihadis.

After the 15-year-old managed to board a flight to Turkey the other girls were placed on a government warning list with the aim of preventing them from taking the same path

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...rs-they-considered-joining-isis-10091893.html

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the three girls
chose to hide the letters from the police
chose to go to Syria
chose to leave without saying goodbye
its my choice not to give a monkeys

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
the three girls
chose to hide the letters from the police
chose to go to Syria
chose to leave without saying goodbye
its my choice not to give a monkeys

Indeed, but knowing another four girls were being radicalised at the same location, and with a poster on the other thread stating that what is happening with Boko/Isis 3000 miles away will not affect us, i just wonder how many more are being radicalised, and the concern that the families of these girls seem to be laying the blame at our police methods.
What with CAGE and others, the fear is our forces will back off in fear of "upsetting".

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
they were and they did. its not an offence to leave the country and Turkey apparently dropped the communication somewhere but their minister said they never got told. i dont know about Dutch and Austrian interceptions, but i read there have been a dozen or so girls leave from the UK, oddly unreported, and several were stopped and returned. the Turkish border seems woefully under-protected, not least for protecting traffic coming the otherway.

In fairness the turkish border is very difficult to protect ordinarily I would assume, add the fact that it's situated in a territorial dispute itself even prior to the Syrian civil war, and that bodes ill. A lot of borders often have a geographic barrier or element to it, but due to the expansion of the Turkic peoples of Central Asia and their previously nomadic nature, they don't have that luxury.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Indeed, but knowing another four girls were being radicalised at the same location, and with a poster on the other thread stating that what is happening with Boko/Isis 3000 miles away will not affect us, i just wonder how many more are being radicalised, and the concern that the families of these girls seem to be laying the blame at our police methods.
What with CAGE and others, the fear is our forces will back off in fear of "upsetting".

I think CAGE have been outed and will be less prominent and effective going forward. They are apologists at best. The days of being funded by Joanna Lumley and Vanessa Redgrave are numbered. The former btw said she had "unending support for the CSGE prisoners". My guess is it ends fairly soon.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
They still missing? Wake me up when they're dead yeah, night.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is ALL the UK Governments and the Police's fault, there is absolutely zero blame and responsibility to the parents, obviously

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
To let these girls or anyone else back into the country is just bloody pathetic...who's to say they might be sent back to attract others and much more.Christ this is just bloody ridiculous and this country is bloody embarrassing at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here