[Football] 3.01 pm kick-off. Time for some more preaching

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There's a strong chance Prince William could become our new king in the next five years or so. It's hardly a posh person preaching to us. He's on our level - as too is his brother, Harry. They had to go through a horrific ordeal growing up by losing their mother so young.

Anybody that has been affected by mental health will genuinely think this is a great idea - 60 seconds before a football match to assess our state of mind. A new year but anxious about the future as some fans have a lot to deal with.

Had it not been for the overwhelming kindness shown towards me on NSC last February after a lung scare and coughing up blood, I would have felt desperately lonely and almost suicidal after being in hospital. There are around half a dozen incredible people on here that we PM each other regularly and ask how life is treating us.

I'm so saddened that this thread has been trolled right from the beginning. Shame on the OP. I hope he never has to deal with an awful trauma that leads to a nervous breakdown.

But NSC, as with life, is full of 99% caring people. Look after yourselves and if you ever want to chat then I would be honoured to try and help out with any difficulties if you're feeling down.

Best wishes to everyone. :thumbsup:

Superbly put.

All the best.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Read the op and not the 150 replies but I hope the vast majority echo mine. Your attitude toward something as serious as this is appalling and if this whole scheme just makes one person reach out and get help for anything they might be going through then it has more then done it’s job. As someone who has lost a close friend to suicide and also currently going through some mental health issues of my own schemes like this have helped me first hand seek help and if only people were made more aware in the ‘good old days’ I might not have had to bury my best friend at the age of 22.
Rant over

This is a classic NSC shit-thread. Gammon spouts bollocks and the rest of us pile in (in different ways and tones, some gentle, some outraged, some aggressive). Thread attracts a tiny number of extra gammon who make disproportionate and incoherent noise, often with egregious spelling errors, to incresingly tired mockery.

Gammon appear to learn nothing, but over a period of years they learn to behave in diminishingly dickish fashion. Then they die. And the world moves on :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I am not defending the OP for one minute, but think his stance was along the lines of what next. Will every game be delayed by a minute for that week's good cause.

I understand the need for getting over the importance of mental health issues as I look after children who suffer, but does that mean every week we will have an equally worthy cause to promote?

Next week cancer, the week after Alzheimer's, then eating disorders and so on. After a while it loses its affect. And yes, we are there to watch a game of football...

That, my friend is my point as well. I am not interested in the Op's posting history, and if we are not careful, the message would be lost if we are to continually have these sort of appeals to us. I don't have any objection as such to an appeal and good luck to anyone who seeks help with mental health problems. But I do object to being called low-life scum by some virtue-signaller, desperate to feel good about himself. I did also post that a similar thread about fans who had died yielded a majority response that it had to be kept in check, or the message would be lost, and that is my fear, if we are to have regular flag-waving for this week's charity. Significantly, no one has answered that but instead, and I suppose inevitably, this has become a virtue-signaller's paradise with so many wanting to say the right thing.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
This is a classic NSC shit-thread. Gammon spouts bollocks and the rest of us pile in (in different ways and tones, some gentle, some outraged, some aggressive). Thread attracts a tiny number of extra gammon who make disproportionate and incoherent noise, often with egregious spelling errors, to incresingly tired mockery.

Gammon appear to learn nothing, but over a period of years they learn to behave in diminishingly dickish fashion. Then they die. And the world moves on :shrug:

does the irony escape you, I wonder, and before you scream typo, you do on occasion make spelling errors.

el punal

So am I correct in thinking that the majority of posters on this thread believe that someone who is "a bit down" or is "having a bad day" actually has a mental health issue? No wonder there are so many people suffering with the problem. I seem to remember the time, not long ago (but it seems now that it may have been in a different galaxy) when people who hit a bit of a roadblock in their lives dealt with the problem without a lot of fuss, dusted themselves down, and got on with their lives. Now it appears that every problem that someone faces is labelled as a mental health issue and blown out of all proportion.

I really don’t know what your agenda is apart from winding up lots of intelligent, fair minded and considerate people who happen to care what goes on in society. Well, if that was your aim, congratulations you are a winner! Seriously though, as I mentioned to you in an earlier post, you’d better hope that misfortune does not come visiting you and yours as your ungracious thread might come back and haunt you.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A short film narrated by the Duke of Cambridge will be played at FA Cup matches to encourage football fans to look after their mental health.
The film will be played in stadiums just before kick-off at every FA Cup third round match this weekend.
Kick-off for all 32 fixtures will be delayed for 60 seconds to prompt fans to consider their well-being.

What a bunch of extreme bollocks. Is anyone REALLY going to consider their well-being for one minute before a football match because they're prompted to? We're football fans going to a football match. Stop assuming we all need help. And if we do, then a football match is not the time or place. Everyone's fecking virtue signalling. Oh, aren't we great, we're pretending to be interested in mental health … two weeks ago it was rainbow laces. Open a frigging church next door to the Amex so that folks who want to be preached at can go in there before the game. Rant over. Well, this one anyway … for the moment.

Just imagine if you can if this had been done before a game at the Goldstone. Everyone would have fallen about laughing … and this would be the correct reaction tomorrow.
No it wouldn't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
does the irony escape you, I wonder, and before you scream typo, you do on occasion make spelling errors.

Care to answer my question rather than deflect? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That, my friend is my point as well. I am not interested in the Op's posting history, and if we are not careful, the message would be lost if we are to continually have these sort of appeals to us. I don't have any objection as such to an appeal and good luck to anyone who seeks help with mental health problems. But I do object to being called low-life scum by some virtue-signaller, desperate to feel good about himself. I did also post that a similar thread about fans who had died yielded a majority response that it had to be kept in check, or the message would be lost, and that is my fear, if we are to have regular flag-waving for this week's charity. Significantly, no one has answered that but instead, and I suppose inevitably, this has become a virtue-signaller's paradise with so many wanting to say the right thing.

Wow. You have turned into a total arse. I'm putting you on ignore. My advice is: sober up after Christmas over indulgence. :shrug:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Wow. You have turned into a total arse. I'm putting you on ignore. My advice is: sober up after Christmas over indulgence. :shrug:

Goodness me, whatever makes you think that your incessant comments about who is on your ignore list would possibly interest anyone, and then you say I am the arse! Your sense of self-importance is quite staggering.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A little walk down memory lane on the "Greatest hits" of the OP

Gay men can't have kids or husbands

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?361544-Tom-Daley-announces-baby-news&highlight=

Can't have two rememberance days

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...ance-but-why-TWO-rememberance-days&highlight=

Posting EDL lies

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?353118-Muslim-invasion&highlight=

How dare a mixed race woman say something I don't like

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?344917-Prince-Harry-s-new-girlfriend&highlight=

Giving a disabled woman a job on TV - PC gone mad

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...-presenter-on-BBC-regional-weather&highlight=

Funny looking fuzzy wuzzys in Crawley

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...ike-being-in-a-third-world-country&highlight=

How dare the BBC replace an old white man with a black woman

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...nter-of-quot-The-Sky-at-Night-quot&highlight=

How dare the BBC let women report on men's sport?

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...omen-reporting-on-sport-on-the-BBC&highlight=

Let's create a thread about Gollies (Removed)

Let's pretend a train in India only has one brown face

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...e-on-an-underground-train-in-India&highlight=

A Muslim colleague sent me a thank you email mentioning Allah - WHAT RIGHT HAS HE?

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?180755-May-Allah-forgive-her-and-all-of-us&highlight=

Top work.

He should be nominated for melt of the decade. The opportunity to reply 'nobber' to his every post is not sufficient reason to tempt me to not block him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

But it’s not continually happening though is it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But it’s not continually happening though is it

I am beginning to suspect people are bringing their various and random pent-up frustrations to the boil, and have given in to the urge to lash out. This is, frankly, pathetic.

I hope they have the bollocks to boo the minute's reflection.

They won't though, will they? Cowards.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was going to suggest that both goldstone and Hastings gull are slaves to the Daily Mail but I'm beginning to suspect one of them might actually be Paul Dacre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports