Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 3.01 pm kick-off. Time for some more preaching

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am beginning to suspect people are bringing their various and random pent-up frustrations to the boil, and have given in to the urge to lash out. This is, frankly, pathetic.

I hope they have the bollocks to boo the minute's reflection.

They won't though, will they? Cowards.

Remind me Harry ...how often has it happened so far this season? I guess there was a minutes silence around Remembrance Sunday....perhaps that should be banned :facepalm:

One solitary minute that’s all ...not too much to ask is it ..particularly over such an important subject as mental health.

Anyway enough I won’t be looking at this thread again

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
But it’s not continually happening though is it

No, not yet. But if we look back to the thread on the fans dying, eventually most fans posting on here thought that there should be some sort of halt on repeated silences or applauding, as it was becoming too much of an event, and the regularity would mean the message would be lost. This is now the second of such occurrences in quick succession and no doubt the vast majority will listen intently tomorrow and why not? But what is then to stop other pressure groups from demanding similar levels of publicity and I am sure that it this becomes a regular feature the fans will soon tire of it, regardless of the importance of the issue, which would be a shame. This would be my concern.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Remind me Harry ...how often has it happened so far this season? I guess there was a minutes silence around Remembrance Sunday....perhaps that should be banned :facepalm:

One solitary minute that’s all ...not too much to ask is it ..particularly over such an important subject as mental health.

No no - some people were FORCED to hold up coloured cards. At GUN POINT.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No, not yet. But if we look back to the thread on the fans dying, eventually most fans posting on here thought that there should be some sort of halt on repeated silences or applauding, as it was becoming too much of an event, and the regularity would mean the message would be lost. This is now the second of such occurrences in quick succession and no doubt the vast majority will listen intently tomorrow and why not? But what is then to stop other pressure groups from demanding similar levels of publicity and I am sure that it this becomes a regular feature the fans will soon tire of it, regardless of the importance of the issue, which would be a shame. This would be my concern.[/QUOTE]

Noted HG....particularly your concern.....for me i don’t see the current frequency is a problem at the Amex Community Stadium ...therefore don’t see an issue with tomorrow.....who knows what the future brings ..I’ll leave it at that

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I have got a really good idea =try reading and analysing what is actually written.

I have read it and here's my analysis. [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] 's post was right wing, dog whistle, uncaring, unthinking, unempathetic, trolling, drooling, insensitive, badly written, desperately attention seeking bollocks.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
No, not yet. But if we look back to the thread on the fans dying, eventually most fans posting on here thought that there should be some sort of halt on repeated silences or applauding, as it was becoming too much of an event, and the regularity would mean the message would be lost. This is now the second of such occurrences in quick succession and no doubt the vast majority will listen intently tomorrow and why not? But what is then to stop other pressure groups from demanding similar levels of publicity and I am sure that it this becomes a regular feature the fans will soon tire of it, regardless of the importance of the issue, which would be a shame. This would be my concern.[/QUOTE]

Noted HG....particularly your concern.....for me i don’t see the current frequency is a problem ...therefore don’t see an issue with tomorrow.....who knows what the future brings ..I’ll leave it at that

Thanks for that. at last someone who is prepared to listen to what others write without the usual virtue-signalling.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mate, some people may have had a shitty Christmas, or even a shitty life, but to start a thread, or back up the thread starter about an issue like this is beyond the pale. And then there is the 'see, it is the usual suspects who object' trope. Yes, the usual people who have a bit of bloody perspective.

It is a new year. Why not be kind? Why not be nice? Why not be supportive?

All the best to you. :thumbsup:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I have read it and here's my analysis. [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] 's post was right wing, dog whistle, uncaring, unthinking, unempathetic, trolling, drooling, unsensitive, badly written, desperately attention seeking bollocks.

]Yes, and why am I not surprised at this. By the way, the word is insensitive, since, somewhat ironically, you are concerned about his post being badly written

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have read it and here's my analysis. [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] 's post was right wing, dog whistle, uncaring, unthinking, unempathetic, trolling, drooling, unsensitive, badly written, desperately attention seeking bollocks.

I knew that, and I didn't even read it because......

I have him on ignore. Fancy that, eh? ???

I would be now watching out for incoming (gammon bombing) but, oh dear, they are all (now) on ignore. :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
]Yes, and why am I not surprised at this. By the way, the word is insensitive, since, somewhat ironically, you are concerned about his post being badly written

You what? ^^ :whistle:

Still, no one ever won a Pullitzer Prize for calling out nonsense on the interweb.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I see Hastings is now in a posting frenzy.

Not reading it. Sorry. Later on in the year when you've sobered up no doubt you'll post something others find interesting and I will have a peek. :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
was he for or against?

Must have been a tough one for goldstone.

In the for column Saddam was a murdering dictator and I doubt he forced rainbows or videos about mental health down people's throats.

In the against he was a BIT brown.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Must have been a tough one for goldstone.

In the for column Saddam was a murdering dictator and I doubt he forced rainbows or videos about mental health down people's throats.

In the against he was a BIT brown.....

:lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Well I assume this means something to you?

It does. It means (you tiresome bore) that the u and i key are next to each other on the keyboard, and I'd corrected it before I saw your latest bit of condescending pendantry. Shall we go through all your posts with a fine tooth comb,

The fact there was a one key typo on my post doesn't mean his made sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here