Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd Test - England v India

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
124-8 at tea :eek:

Broad and Swann at the crease.

Still there and giving it a bit of a go...if we can get to 200 then at least it gives the bowlers something to work with.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Still there and giving it a bit of a go...if we can get to 200 then at least it gives the bowlers something to work with.

I don't want to jinx them, and I know we're still not in a great position, but this England team gives me the same kind of feeling as the world cup winning rugby team did in 2003. Even when things aren't going well, you always feel that someone is going to step up and do something that changes the game.

*keeps fingers and toes crossed*

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I don't want to jinx them, and I know we're still not in a great position, but this England team gives me the same kind of feeling as the world cup winning rugby team did in 2003. Even when things aren't going well, you always feel that someone is going to step up and do something that changes the game.

*keeps fingers and toes crossed*

I agree with you totally here, though I haven't a clue about the rugby comparison, at least about the game changing performance. In the last game it was Prior who came in when the backs were against the wall to score a century, if Broad can get anywhere near that total then surely the game will have swung back in the favour of England.

Bugger, Swan just out.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Now 200/9...that is some sort of a recovery!

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
221 all out. Well done Stuart Broad! Hopefully there'll still be some of that movement for our bowlers - still 20-odd overs left today.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apparently "it's really going to hoop around"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let's see if we can get them to follow on ;)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
116/2 lead of 49 but looks like Trott may struggle to bat.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
130-2 at lunch lead of 63. I know we have other things on our mind at the moment but I am still surprised at the lack of interest amongst the large NSC cricket loving community. I think this has already been an excellent series

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
130-2 at lunch lead of 63. I know we have other things on our mind at the moment but I am still surprised at the lack of interest amongst the large NSC cricket loving community. I think this has already been an excellent series

Agreed, been a great series so far. I think a lead of 225 would be enough but plenty still to do

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Minimum 250 lead required

larus

Totally agree. On TMS they were saying that the average completed 4th innings total is 217. Not unthinkable that we could set them a challenging target, even allowing for the fact the Trott is looking doubtful.

Bell looks in wonderful touch. IMO, he's really come of age the last couple of years. Always had the talent; just seemed to lack the belief.

This afternoons session could be pivotal.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Ian Bell has played beautifully this morning, he's a really classy batsman once he gets his eye in. Hope he can go on to get a ton and inspire the middle and lower orders to build a decent lead.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
I would be very happy if we set them 225 bearing in mind we were 108/6 in the first innings and then when they were 265/4 yesterday before Broad striked. Trott is also injured so not as much depth to our batting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here