Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 25 Man Squad [2021 Edition]

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
So 18 players out on loan ?
Somehow i cannot get this picture out of my head :-
Imagine if you will a white board on a wall at the amex with a grid and 18 names on magnetic strips .Suddenly barbs rushes through the room on his way to another important meeting about money raising schemes , the resulting breeze causing one of the names to fall to the floor and it lands face down . Later that evening a zealous cleaner sweeps it up and consigns it to the bin thus ending the albion career of a potential match winner !
Dont laugh , stranger things have happened :mad:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Caicedo out on loan.

1. Sanchez ( HGP )
2. Steele ( HGP )
U21. Scherpen
U21. Lamptey
3. March ( HGP )
4. Cucurella
5. Veltman
6. Burn ( HGP )
7. Webster ( HGP )
8. Dunk ( HGP )
9. Duffy ( HGP )
U21. Roberts
10. Băluţa
11. Mwepu
12. Bissouma
13. Moder
14. Alzate ( HGP )
15. Lallana ( HGP )
16. Groß
17. Mac Allister
U21. Richards
18. Trossard
19. Maupay
20. Welbeck ( HGP )
U21. Connolly
21. Locadia

Loanees: Jenks (Aberdeen), Cochrane (Hearts), Longman (Hull City), Weir (Cambridge United), Clarke (WBA), Rushworth (Walsall), Arce (LDU Quito), Mitoma (USG), Østigård (Stoke City), Andone (Cadiz)*, Molumby (WBA)*, Karbownik (Olympiacos)*, Van Hecke (Blackburn), Zeqiri (FC Augsburg), Walton (Ipswich), Khadra (Blackburn) , Sima (Stoke City), Caicedo ( Beerschot)

* Loan to buy option

Assuming the Dutch DJ has his contract cancelled that gives us 25, which maybe was the goal all along (Potter said many times the squad was too big), and I have no issue with that. But it feels like a bottom 6 squad lacking in pace and a bit of quality. Add a forward (for Connolly on loan), fast CB to replace White (for Duffy), a RWB (for Baluta, on loan), and maybe a fast wide forward (for Richards, on loan) and you maybe get closer to the top10 promised land, still with only 25 players.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So 18 players out on loan ?
Somehow i cannot get this picture out of my head :-
Imagine if you will a white board on a wall at the amex with a grid and 18 names on magnetic strips .Suddenly barbs rushes through the room on his way to another important meeting about money raising schemes , the resulting breeze causing one of the names to fall to the floor and it lands face down . Later that evening a zealous cleaner sweeps it up and consigns it to the bin thus ending the albion career of a potential match winner !
Dont laugh , stranger things have happened :mad:

20, if you include Toby Bull.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Last season - after the summer window - we had 18 players on loan there or thereabouts.
No real difference this year in terms of volume.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Last season - after the summer window - we had 18 players on loan there or thereabouts.
No real difference this year in terms of volume.

We actually had a total of 24 professionally-contracted players out on loan last season (for all, or part of the campaign), plus three 2nd-year scholars.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We actually had a total of 24 professionally-contracted players out on loan last season (for all, or part of the campaign), plus three 2nd-year scholars.

Ha! Thanks AZ - are we line to match that this year ?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Slightly cringe how many players we have out on loan given how much stick everyone has given Chelsea over the last few years. Oh well.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I wonder how many would've guessed the two youngsters to get in the squad this season would be Roberts and Richard... Best of luck to them both.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Ha! Thanks AZ - are we line to match that this year ?
Thanks AZ
Any information on the value or what we paid in total of the players we have loaned out this season? Must be a terrific outlay for players to play for other clubs. Stoke certainly have benefited from our loan system.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wonder how many would've guessed the two youngsters to get in the squad this season would be Roberts and Richard... Best of luck to them both.

If asked before the start of the window, I'd have said Richards and Khadra. But if I'd been told that Ostigard was out of the door, I'd have guessed Roberts too.

I wonder if we'll see a few more kids being given squad numbers. It wouldn't shock me to see Ferguson, Leonard or Tsoungui there - maybe even Moran. With a 20-strong match day squad, it won't take many injuries/suspension/Covid cases to see a few promoted from the kids

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's going to be interesting how Potter progresses with this squad.

It seems thin to me, but maybe that's because I have grown accustomed to Potter tweaking the starting 11 so much.
I guess there's a clear starting 11 in mind now, with backup players who can cover multiple positions.

It's going to be interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here