U21. Richards
18. Trossard
U21. Khadra
19. Maupay
20. Welbeck ( HGP )
U21. Connolly
21. Locadia
22. New Signing ( Striker)

Loanees: Jenks (Aberdeen), Cochrane (Hearts), Longman (Hull City), Weir (Cambridge United), Clarke (WBA), Rushworth (Walsall), Arce (LDU Quito), Mitoma (USG), Østigård (Stoke City), Andone (Cadiz)*, Molumby (WBA)*, Karbownik (Olympiacos)*, Van Hecke (Blackburn), Zeqiri (FC Augsburg), Walton (Ipswich)

* Loan to buy option

****ing hell!
21 spots filled, including Locadia!!
I didn't expect to finish the window with a smaller squad than Palace.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Khadra as expected joins Van Hecke on loan to Rovers.

1. Sanchez ( HGP )
2. Steele ( HGP )
U21. Scherpen
U21. Lamptey
3. March ( HGP )
4. Cucurella
5. Veltman
6. Burn ( HGP )
7. Webster ( HGP )
8. Dunk ( HGP )
9. Duffy ( HGP )
U21. Roberts
10. Băluţa
11. Mwepu
12. Bissouma
13. Moder
U21. Caicedo
14. Alzate ( HGP )
15. Lallana ( HGP )
16. Groß
17. Mac Allister
U21. Richards
18. Trossard
19. Maupay
20. Welbeck ( HGP )
U21. Connolly
21. Locadia
22. New Signing ( Striker)

Loanees: Jenks (Aberdeen), Cochrane (Hearts), Longman (Hull City), Weir (Cambridge United), Clarke (WBA), Rushworth (Walsall), Arce (LDU Quito), Mitoma (USG), Østigård (Stoke City), Andone (Cadiz)*, Molumby (WBA)*, Karbownik (Olympiacos)*, Van Hecke (Blackburn), Zeqiri (FC Augsburg), Walton (Ipswich), Khadra (Blackburn)

* Loan to buy option

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I see Tudor Baluta is included in our 21 man squad.
Has there been any sightings of him at all?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Basically no, I think is the answer!

Ok....

so with Locadia potentially leaving too:

1h ago

Brighton's Locadia could leave the club after window shuts
Jurgen Locadia could leave Brighton after the transfer window shuts at 11pm (BST) tonight.
The Athletic understands the Dutch forward is attracting interest in Turkey, where the window doesn’t close until September 8.

That's a 19 man squad......

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agreed.

It's still a very, very light squad.

Of the U21s retained, only Lamptey and Connolly have more first team experience than Zeqiri.

Lightish - but they can't all play at once, or even be in the match day squad! I still feel quite positive about this season anyway. I don't think I'd have sent Zeqiri out on loan though - maybe sailing a bit too close to the wind in terms of squad depth.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
16 (when Khadra goes) out on loan leaving currently a squad of 26. 3 of those are currently injured and 2 quite possibly don’t even exist. A further 3 have played a combined total of about half an hour of PL football. Fair to say we’re very short at the moment.

****ing hell!
21 spots filled
, including Locadia!!
I didn't expect to finish the window with a smaller squad than Palace.

Ok....

so with Locadia potentially leaving too:

That's a 19 man squad......

Agreed.

It's still a very, very light squad.

Of the U21s retained, only Lamptey and Connolly have more first team experience than Zeqiri.

So........

Why has NSC suddenly created a "thing" that if we don't have a named 25-man squad, we're suddenly light of players? It's a complete myth.

I just took a look at the PL squads named this time last year: only 7 of the 20 clubs actually named a full 25 players. 6 clubs named 21 players or fewer, and 2 (Leeds and Wolves) named only 18 (18!).

Albion named 24 (which also happened to include Crofts, so effectively 23). And yet we still CLEARLY had a first-team squad that was too large, with far too many players who were not likely to feature at all regularly.

And that isn't to even mention the younger talents who are pushing for game time who don't get named in the squad as they are still classified as U-21s; Connolly, Lamptey, Moder and Zeqiri all fell into that category last season.

The key objective for Albion this summer was to seriously trim the squad, and from where I'm sitting I think they have done that extremely effectively.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Lightish - but they can't all play at once, or even be in the match day squad! I still feel quite positive about this season anyway. I don't think I'd have sent Zeqiri out on loan though - maybe sailing a bit too close to the wind in terms of squad depth.

Yeah - that's the one that rankles with me the most.

Understandable that he wasn't getting minutes, when Ali J was seen as the option from the bench.
But now? there is genuinely plenty of opportunity for him to get the first team experience he needs.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A small squad but Potter doesn't rotate the defence much and we all knew we had too many midfielders back in May. An alternative for Trossard/MacAllister or another striker would be a superb finish to a hectic summer of activity.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sima In and Out.

1. Sanchez ( HGP )
2. Steele ( HGP )
U21. Scherpen
U21. Lamptey
3. March ( HGP )
4. Cucurella
5. Veltman
6. Burn ( HGP )
7. Webster ( HGP )
8. Dunk ( HGP )
9. Duffy ( HGP )
U21. Roberts
10. Băluţa
11. Mwepu
12. Bissouma
13. Moder
U21. Caicedo
14. Alzate ( HGP )
15. Lallana ( HGP )
16. Groß
17. Mac Allister
U21. Richards
18. Trossard
19. Maupay
20. Welbeck ( HGP )
U21. Connolly
21. Locadia

Loanees: Jenks (Aberdeen), Cochrane (Hearts), Longman (Hull City), Weir (Cambridge United), Clarke (WBA), Rushworth (Walsall), Arce (LDU Quito), Mitoma (USG), Østigård (Stoke City), Andone (Cadiz)*, Molumby (WBA)*, Karbownik (Olympiacos)*, Van Hecke (Blackburn), Zeqiri (FC Augsburg), Walton (Ipswich), Khadra (Blackburn) , Sima (Stoke)

* Loan to buy option

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Perhaps we should get our 25 man squad sponsored by Walkers crisps, because when you open it there’s not as much there as you expected

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So........

Why has NSC suddenly created a "thing" that if we don't have a named 25-man squad, we're suddenly light of players? It's a complete myth.

I just took a look at the PL squads named this time last year: only 7 of the 20 clubs actually named a full 25 players. 6 clubs named 21 players or fewer, and 2 (Leeds and Wolves) named only 18 (18!).

Albion named 24 (which also happened to include Crofts, so effectively 23). And yet we still CLEARLY had a first-team squad that was too large, with far too many players who were not likely to feature at all regularly.

And that isn't to even mention the younger talents who are pushing for game time who don't get named in the squad as they are still classified as U-21s; Connolly, Lamptey, Moder and Zeqiri all fell into that category last season.

The key objective for Albion this summer was to seriously trim the squad, and from where I'm sitting I think they have done that extremely effectively.

Because if Locadia goes and Baluta (so far unseen in any training photos) is loaned again - we have 19.
Nothing wrong with a 23 man squad, but we are looking at a much smaller number. That's effectively a match day squad.

Last season we struggled for defenders at times, due to injury and suspensions.
Despite everyone thinking, at this stage of the season, we had too many centre-backs.

Even the players who were unlikely to play regularly, featured in Premier league games last season.
We don't have that option now. - Covid hasn't gone away. It's a risk.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A small squad but Potter doesn't rotate the defence much and we all knew we had too many midfielders back in May. An alternative for Trossard/MacAllister or another striker would be a superb finish to a hectic summer of activity.

When they are fit he doesn't. But he definitely did when Lamptey/March/Webster were all injured.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yeah - that's the one that rankles with me the most.

Understandable that he wasn't getting minutes, when Ali J was seen as the option from the bench.
But now? there is genuinely plenty of opportunity for him to get the first team experience he needs.

And we can get money for him when he is sold to the club he is loaned to

Kerching

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here