Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] 24 hours in police custody

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Was it a moment of madness when he bought the starting pistols, then converted them into guns that kill, then he loaded the guns will bullets, and then he shot an innocent shopper in the chest? Oh and he stored the guns, ammo and drugs in the flat where his young kids live.

But we wouldn't have done it if he had a good cuddle when he was younger

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
But we wouldn't have done it if he had a good cuddle when he was younger
Yeah because that's what they said..... He was subject to neglect and abuse from the age of four, and had access to drugs and alcohol from age eight. Are you saying that's not going to have any impact on someone's life? I doubt many of us on here have any idea what it's like to grow up in those circumstances.

Mental health and suicide rates are higher amongst those who were in care at a young age, which this guy didn't even have the 'luxury' of, sounds like he had no help at all and remained with abusive family. This guy could well have killed himself, but ended up self destructing in a different way which has landed him 20+ years in jail. Sad story all round

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
His briefs advice was probably stay schtum.

It’s what lawyers do until they know what the police have. He pleaded guilty to all charges in court , he showed contrition, and apologised to the victim .
I think 22 years is more than a little harsh. Maybe, 10 years.

Which in reality is what he will probably serve.

Agree re: your points. I am just a stickler for the rules.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I wonder if this guy had shot your son, whether you would care so much for his mental health?

Keep wondering, he didn't and I don't have a son so I don't know how I would feel would I.
Should have chosen your words a bit more carefully sonny.
As one of NSC's top 5 pillocks it was par for the course though.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Good lord, lol. You need to get a grip. I’ll add, how do you know what I know about mental health, too?

The sentence seems slightly harsh, but he did have a firearms factory and was a serious drug dealer...then shot a man at point blank range and fired 3 shots chasing a car. Also only showed remorse when caught. He didn’t seem to be so apologetic during the interview. Not exactly handing himself in with his handed in the air with a full confession. This isn’t diminished responsibility. That said, I’m sure he’ll be out in <10 if he’s a lovely as most people here think he is.

It’s sad, yes, but lucky for this guy the victim survived. Needs to do himself a favour and stop smoking weed every day. That would do his kids a massive favour but just seemed like another sad narcissist with rejection issues. Sad he got caught, not what he had done.

Because as far as I can see in this thread you did not mention his mental health and upbringing, it was an important part of the offence, so you either dont know or dont care.
He did not run a firearms factory, plenty of far worse serious offenders have stayed out of prison to be given secure mental health care.
I agree about the weed, idiot for doing that knowing how it affects him mentally.
Your last paragraph sums it all up really, you have no idea what it is like to raised the way he was.
Big difference between this week and last weeks animal who I could quite happily flog.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He got less time than the remorseless git who raped two underage girls?

No, the rapist got 18 years, I don’t know if there was a minimum term involved in that.

The fella last night got 22.5 years, with no right to apply for parole for 16 years.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
No, the rapist got 18 years, I don’t know if there was a minimum term involved in that.

The fella last night got 22.5 years, with no right to apply for parole for 16 years.

I just noticed I typed 'less' instead of 'more'.

All this drinking in the sun has gone to my head :thumbsup:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Because as far as I can see in this thread you did not mention his mental health and upbringing, it was an important part of the offence, so you either dont know or dont care.
He did not run a firearms factory, plenty of far worse serious offenders have stayed out of prison to be given secure mental health care.
I agree about the weed, idiot for doing that knowing how it affects him mentally.
Your last paragraph sums it all up really, you have no idea what it is like to raised the way he was.
Big difference between this week and last weeks animal who I could quite happily flog.

Yeah, let’s leave it there.

Certainly a sad turn of events.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just caught up on the program.

When caught sure he showed remorse and no doubt his upbringing contributed to the life he lived. He was let down by the state after reaching out for help and being ignored yet we don’t know the manner that he presented himself when trying to get help, was he aggressive was he sincere?

There wasn’t too much focus on the fact that he was an armed drug dealer leading up to this. Had he not had that moment of madness what would we think of his character then, he’s just an armed drug dealer who kept drugs and firearms in a house he shares with his kids?

Looking at the footage and comparing his demeanour to the placid, softy spoken man in the station it’s hard to tell for sure which character was genuine and whether a game was being played with sentencing in mind.

On balance it’s sad the system led him down but he didn’t have to be an armed drug dealer.

My final observation was having never seen an acting police women with clearly lip implants! Had wondered if the young policeman with the waist coat was inspired by DS / DI Arnott as he was going to be on the telly which also promoted her to get her lips done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My daughter’s fiancé is from Luton, and his mum is a school teacher. The rapist tow rag was one of her ex pupils. He was exactly as he came over in the programme, just a very nasty human being. His parents, on the other hand, were nice, decent people. They have disowned him completely, and won’t have any thing else to do with him.

It was his Dad that grassed him up.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Bit of an odd episode last Monday. A 5 year murder enquiry and it turns out the chap is not dead and has been living in a tent next to Asda's.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Latest episode is an upsetting one. Domestic violence but male victim, female accused. Very well made television.

Are they all based in Luton?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Latest episode is an upsetting one. Domestic violence but male victim, female accused. Very well made television.

Are they all based in Luton?

I think Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire constabulary's have a partnership sharing force resources like MIT, Dogs, Firearms etc, and therefore all episodes will be within that geographical area. With Luton being the biggest shithole in that area it figures that the town would feature regularly.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire constabulary's have a partnership sharing force resources like MIT, Dogs, Firearms etc, and therefore all episodes will be within that geographical area. With Luton being the biggest shithole in that area it figures that the town would feature regularly.

Makes sense. I’ve visited Luton on a number of occasions and never been impressed with the area.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
*-SPOILERS-*

What a despicable episode.

I feel sick after watching it, how has that despicable woman got an 16 month (8 months) sentence, if that were a man who had done those things, I’m absolutely stunned the judge came to the conclusion of such a miserly punishment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here