Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 23,661

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I arrived at 2.30 yesterday and saw people queueing 3 deep at the ticket offices to buy or collect tickets. There must have been some casual visitors or one match fans for it to have been that busy.

I am fed up with the people who say there is no atmosphere. Maybe you haven't gone to an away match for a long time, but the atmosphere at the Amex is good compare to 90% of the other Championship clubs. We do pretty well considering.
Atmosphere at away games is superb, at home really - not great unfortunately.
It would need to be reflected in the season ticket prices, until that is done, the high cost if paying per game will remain

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
STs are good value

Match by match prices way too expensive - we hardly sell any.

Lose 3,000 STHs (as we did in the summer) and those get out of the habit in coming and maybe only go two or three times a year.

I would bin the three different match categories, make the North Stand cheaper for those aged up to 25, and do a similar thing in the South Stand, moving the away support.

To claw the lost revenue back, I'd get rid of half the car park stewards, and put prices up for 1901 and WSU by whatever it's reduced for the North/South Stands. (I sit in WSU by the way) I feel we should be encouraging more youngsters along, particularly on a day like yesterday when half the local football was cancelled.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
STs are good value

Lose 3,000 STHs (as we did in the summer) and those get out of the habit in coming and maybe only go two or three times a year.

I would bin the three different match categories, make the North Stand cheaper for those aged up to 25, and do a similar thing in the South Stand, moving the away support.

1. Think about your first comments. We are getting crowds of over 23,000 but lost 3000 sths. There must be match by match tickets sold to make up that number. It isn't the away fans.

Why should the North stand be cheaper for those under 25? It's already the cheapest stand in the ground. I know youngsters who don't make any noise, but pensioners who do, including myself.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
STs are good value

To claw the lost revenue back, I'd get rid of half the car park stewards, and put prices up for 1901 and WSU by whatever it's reduced for the North/South Stands. (I sit in WSU by the way) I feel we should be encouraging more youngsters along, particularly on a day like yesterday when half the local football was cancelled.
The ST holders that we lost were most likely the new stadium bandwagon crowd who would of ****ed of eventually anyway.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Am I alone in being a teeny bit disappointed that more of the good people of Sussex are not coming out to see the Albion still?

I appreciate yesterday there wasn't a large away contingent and there were the train issues from the West, but I still looked around at kick-off and most stands looked a bit 'gappy'.

Over 23,000 is wonderful of course - don't get me wrong. Most clubs in the division would love to have that level of support. I just want a few more people to come along and enjoy the current ride.

Well technically I was one of the 23k even though I didn't go. I played golf in the morning , got soaked, had a presentation and buffet which ended around 2:30. So I took the decision not to drive over, get parked and try to get in during the first half.

After 40 odd years, this is the first time I can remember actually making a concious choice to not bother going.

As fantastic as the ground is and as well as we are doing, I feel a bit " meh" about the albion at the moment and won't be at the Birmingham game either, but I am not fussed either way.

I am not going to walk away, but I have actually found that I prefer playing golf than getting out to the Amex. If we don't get up this year, I am not sure I could be arsed to get another ST.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Name another club who have spent the last 30 years playing lower league football who would get 23000 for a second tier championship game against MK Dons. In fact name more than 12 clubs in the country who would no matter the relative success they have had over the last 30 years. So no. Given the garbage on and off the pitch for generation after generation, it just goes to show how lucky the Albion are. They have however just started to scratch the surface, imagine if we had a half decent top flight side?

Whether or not the game was against a "second tier Championship team" as you put it, I think it was somewhat disappointing. The club fought long and hard enough to get to Falmer and it seems a shame that we are not attracting at least 28,000 for most home games. Come the end of the season when we are pushing for promotion just imagine the cries of "unfair, unfair" when people can't get tickets for home games. I turn down work in order that I can get to the games.

Jan 30, 2008
1. Think about your first comments. We are getting crowds of over 23,000 but lost 3000 sths. There must be match by match tickets sold to make up that number. It isn't the away fans.

Why should the North stand be cheaper for those under 25? It's already the cheapest stand in the ground. I know youngsters who don't make any noise, but pensioners who do, including myself.
were there 23k ........ really, people say about rubbish football but I think the all round ambiance of the place put others off
regards
DR

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's an odd thing to say.

Yes last season was appalling and in the end (under Hughton) tested everybody's patience.

But clearly things are different now and we're only talking 6 months.

I can't imagine the 23k in attendance were rushing home yesterday to tell the non attendees 'well done you picked a good game to miss'.
Those not coming can't be looking at the table and thinking 'nah I don't fancy it today'.
Having sat through the dross of last season why wouldn't an actual fan want to return in order to top up on some good football.

Jan 30, 2008
It's an odd thing to say.

Yes last season was appalling and in the end (under Hughton) tested everybody's patience.

But clearly things are different now and we're only talking 6 months.

I can't imagine the 23k in attendance were rushing home yesterday to tell the non attendees 'well done you picked a good game to miss'.
Those not coming can't be looking at the table and thinking 'nah I don't fancy it today'.
Having sat through the dross of last season why wouldn't an actual fan want to return in order to top up on some good football.
price of a ticket ???

regards
DR

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did yesterday and people tried to ignore it ,Bozza brings it up and some people wake up
regards
DR
That's because we all know you'd find a way to not go even if Tony said:-

'Mr Fairy I'll be round your place at 2pm and will carry you to the seat of your choice'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here