Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 23,661

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm not sure how I'm managing to make my point so badly. I was quoting someone talking about average players earning huge sums of money. And explaining that I feel it is sky money that fuels this. I was not referring to the attendance at all. I thinkour crowds are staggering. - Cardiff are averaging 14k this year and were in the Prem two years ago.

As it happens I was around in the 80s and barely missed a game.
I chopped sky sports and they certainly have ruined football and they've ruined Spanish football.
All about their elite league and they pay the big clubs the big bucks here and in Spain while the others struggle.The crowds are dropping in Spain and I'm surprised we still have a demand here in the prem with hideous players wages and hideous ticket prices.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Bloom is considering his budget for a striker then he should factor in the additional bums on seats the right signing could have. Another 1,000 every home game is effectively another £15,000 a week.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If Bloom is considering his budget for a striker then he should factor in the additional bums on seats the right signing could have. Another 1,000 every home game is effectively another £15,000 a week.

Didn't the club do that with BZ?

We are averaging 24,000.

The likes of Leeds, Fulham, QPR, Derby will bring a big away following and crowds are on the up compared to the attendance against Rotherham.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Didn't the club do that with BZ?

We are averaging 24,000.

The likes of Leeds, Fulham, QPR, Derby will bring a big away following and crowds are on the up compared to the attendance against Rotherham.

I never felt Bobby would be a regular starter. The sort of signing I'm talking about would comparable to Rhodes at Blackburn, McCormack at Fulham, Vydra at Reading.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I do not have the answers ,just a opinion , the way i see it right or wrong football has now become a luxury for many people and newbies are a vital part of sustaining a healthy fanbase not something to be milked or seen as a less worthy value for money type of supporter .

Agree that newbies are important, everyone was at their FIRST game once, however die-hard you are now, you were once a newbie. But don't understand the mentality of the 3 in front of you..."What do you mean I can't sit where I want just because I'm buying the tickets 5 mins before kick off? How dare you sell the seats I want to someone else just because he has made a financial commitment to attend every game for past 4 years. Don't you know who I am?" ... I personally would have struggled to keep quiet if I overheard a CJTC like that, newbie or not!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For various reasons which I won't go into on here, I would never know until the morning of the match whether I could make it or not. Hence buying a ticket in advance was not a good idea - it was POTG or nothing. That obviously ruled me out of Withdean and the early years at the Amex, and I got used to watching the Albion at away matches, usually the ones relatively near me. It was only through NSC that I learned that you can apparently turn up on match days and buy a ticket on the gate (or in the shop) and I hope to make my Amex debut before too long.
It was a big thing at the time, that there were to be no ticket sales at the ground on match days - I do wonder how many people, those who don't live in the local area, still think they can't just turn up and pay on the day? Perhaps this is something the club could publicise a little better?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
The club are paying the price for the absolute ABOMINATION of last season. We lost 3000 sth's and a lot of people were rightly angry at the way it was going and having the piss taken. The total lack of investment in the team for 2 years, relying on average at best loanees who did not give a rat's arse, selling any decent player we had for a year or 2 and most bizarrely Tony Bloom keeping hold of a Manager a 5 year old could see was clueless by early October. You don't do that without any consequences. Luckily Bloom gathered his Marbles back and appointed the best manager outside the Premiership, got his wallet out again and is the mirror opposite of last season. 23000 against MK Dons with awful weather is a decent turnout bearing in mind all of the above

Totally agree - people have underestimated how much damage last season was done by dreadful displays and pathetic signings

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I cannot help think that if they made those south stand tickets behind the goal '20s plenty' then we would get another 2/3k and would make for a far better atmosphere crammed in next to the away fans. Continue to charge a higher price for other parts of the ground if they must but 20 notes for south stand seats would attract a lot of people imho.

Absolutely true

Am I alone in being a teeny bit disappointed that more of the good people of Sussex are not coming out to see the Albion still?

I appreciate yesterday there wasn't a large away contingent and there were the train issues from the West, but I still looked around at kick-off and most stands looked a bit 'gappy'.

Over 23,000 is wonderful of course - don't get me wrong. Most clubs in the division would love to have that level of support. I just want a few more people to come along and enjoy the current ride.

Walk up ticket cost! I might have mention this before:moo:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I never felt Bobby would be a regular starter. The sort of signing I'm talking about would comparable to Rhodes at Blackburn, McCormack at Fulham, Vydra at Reading.

The sort of striker that has left Blackburn in 16th, Fulham in 12th and Reading in 9th place a third of the way into the season then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The sort of striker that has left Blackburn in 16th, Fulham in 12th and Reading in 9th place a third of the way into the season then.
The sort of strikers that should make the club wonder about the relative value of buying 'British' from another English club.

I started the day 'laughing' at the prospect of SINGING Maynard, who'll definitely cost millions, in January.
Quite why anyone would think there was any value in such a transfer, is beyond me.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'd like to think that on the equivalent of NSC / other Championship boards/forums for the 22 clubs who aren't doing as well as us this season then they would be having conversations that go a little like this...
In order to compete with the likes of Brighton up there with 34 points and a 17 game unbeaten run
- we could do with having 3 proven championship wingers who are match winners including an u21 England regular.
- we could do with a proven Prem League striker who the likes of Brighton can afford to leave on the bench and comes on to regularly win matches.
- we could do with a chairman who has turned down offers of £5m and £2.5m in the summer for his key players to keep his squad strengthened.
- we could do with a chairman who despite having a club who is joint top of the league is sniffing around a South American striker who has just won the league and put in a bid that would double our all time transfer record.
- why couldn't we have found a striker from spain in the summer who only cost £1m and has scored 5 goals already.
- Look at Brighton who have such a strong squad that they have a defence who can cope with both their first choice left back and first choice centre back being injured for long periods.
and so on and so on.

or if we were Burnley or Boro or Hull or Derby then they also would be writing threads on their board saying "Oh bloody hell , its Brighton next"

I'm sure they are:)

(EDITED - for schoolboy error)

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd like to think that on the equivalent of NSC / other Championship boards/forums for the 22 clubs who aren't doing as well as us this season then they would be having conversations that go a little like this...
In order to compete with the likes of Brighton up there with 34 points and a 17 game unbeaten run
- we could do with having 3 proven championship wingers who are match winners including an u21 England regular.
- we could do with a proven Prem League striker who the likes of Brighton can afford to leave on the bench and comes on to regularly win matches.
- we could do with a chairman who has turned down offers of £5m and £2.5m in the summer for his key players to keep his squad strengthened.
- we could do with a chairman who despite having a club who is joint top of the league is sniffing around a South American striker who has just won the league and put in a bid that would double our all time transfer record.
- why couldn't we have found a spanish striker in the summer who only cost £1m and has scored 5 goals already.
- Look at Brighton who have such a strong squad that they have a defence who can cope with both their first choice left back and first choice centre back being injured for long periods.
and so on and so on.

or if we were Burnley or Boro or Hull or Derby then they also would be writing threads on their board saying "Oh bloody hell , its Brighton next"

Fair enough, but who's the £1M Spanish striker?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
- why couldn't we have found a spanish striker in the summer who only cost £1m and has scored 5 goals already.
and so on and so on.

This & this :wink:

Jan 30, 2008
3 walk ups in front of me in the queue for a on the day ticket yesterday , 1 had been before the other 2 newbies , they were wanting to sit in the east
Stand , they left ticketless , £41 a pop !!! Seriously thats mental , yep there were £31 tickets available in the North but they wanted the east ,this cat A B C is a bit of a pisstake frankly and the sooner its binned the better .

In short football is starting to alienate people on lower incomes who simply cant afford a matchday with all the trimmings a lot of us take for granted and it bloody stinks , it would be fantastic if the club took the lead and did away with cat matches at the very least.
You should have posted this in my" how much longer "thread:whistle:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here