[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Still a long way from winning over the Gers' fans' forum, though. Not many good opinions of him on there!
Looking like a bad loan unfortunately. No management stability or clear playing style and entitled fans who a giving him grief when he score every 131mins.

De Zerbi obviously wanted to get a good look at him before he signed off the loan so maybe we’d have found a more suitable team if the decision had been taken earlier in the window. Hopefully things improve for him.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Looking like a bad loan unfortunately. No management stability or clear playing style and entitled fans who a giving him grief when he score every 131mins.

De Zerbi obviously wanted to get a good look at him before he signed off the loan so maybe we’d have found a more suitable team if the decision had been taken earlier in the window. Hopefully things improve for him.
At least with his goalscoring record we should be able to sell him on for a half decent fee.

At this point I think it's unlikely he'll play for the first team.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Offiah listed as one of the subs for Hearts vs. Hibs today. Is the 'medical condition' for which he was pulled back to Brighton a few weeks ago now a thing of the past (whatever it was). Great news if that is the case.

No Cochrane in the squad though - think he might be suspended.

Correction: Cochrane injured, out for a few weeks.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In the Championship today:
Starts for Ayari for Coventry and Rushworth for Swansea. Moran dropped to the bench, and no sign of Sarmiento last night (injured?)

In League1:
Start for Leonard for Northampton, but Weir still can't get a start for Blackpool. No sign of Peupion for Cheltenham (injured?). Earlier Beadle seems to have survived a bit of a bloodbath at Oxford (it finished 9 against 10) as they moved to the top of the division with a 2-1 win over Bristol Rovers.

Recently departed players: some Connolly haters will be delighted to know that the 5 goals in 7 matches Hull striker has been dropped to the bench today! Matt Clarke and Christian Walton still out with long-term injuries, and Taylor Richards seems to have completely disappeared from QPR. On the plus side, young Jack Spong is still running the midfield for Queens Park up there in Jockland, and our former PL2 striker Laurent Tolaj seems to have settled in midfield for Aldershot in the National League.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Offiah is back at Hearts - came on after 45 minutes. Hearts fans seem glad to see him back. An interesting thread from the Hearts forum here - a lot of speculation, to be surem but sprinkled with a bit more info. than we got here.
Hearts fans seem genuinely more concerned about/supportive of loanees from Brighton than other Scottish clubs - Aberdeen and Rangers I'm looking at you!

In other news, Laurent Tolaj has just scored for the Shots.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Offiah was only out for about three weeks. He was back at Hearts and coming on as a sub on September 23rd.
Fairy nuff. There seemed to be almost a complete news blackout, and I - like many Hearts fans I think - thought he might be another Mwepu case - heaven forbid. More information is/was available on Jambos Kickback than anywhere on here, which is why I put a link to it. The information coming from this end was zilch.
Fair do's though - I missed him coming on as a sub back in late September.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Fairy nuff. There seemed to be almost a complete news blackout, and I - like many Hearts fans I think - thought he might be another Mwepu case - heaven forbid. More information is/was available on Jambos Kickback than anywhere on here, which is why I put a link to it. The information coming from this end was zilch.
Fair do's though - I missed him coming on as a sub back in late September.

It was actually this post on here, last week, that alerted me to the fact that he had been back at Hearts for ten days or so.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It was actually this post on here, last week, that alerted me to the fact that he had been back at Hearts for ten days or so.
Well, still more news than from the Albion! I didn't spot that one. Still convinced there was better coverage on the Jambos Kick Back forum than on here!

P.S. Very good interview that, from young Offiah.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not much activity in the EFL for our loanees today - even League1 games get called off for players on international duty these days. Just two involved domestically today.
Ed Turns - who withdrew from the Welsh U21 squad - managed 75 minutes at LCB for Orient in their 1-0 wiin at Carlisle.
Jensen Weir, on the other hand, still can't get a game at Blackpool. He came on for the last 3 minutes today, which is hardly the sort of loan needed for a player who has been a first team regular in the last two seasons in League1 (and quite prolific in front of goal too). OK, Blackpool won 3-0 against Stevenage, so could argue they didn't need him - but surely we must be considering recalling him in January and finding him a better loan?

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ed Turns - who withdrew from the Welsh U21 squad - managed 75 minutes at LCB for Orient in their 1-0 wiin at Carlisle.

That's pretty bizarre. Turns captained the Welsh U-21s in a qualifier just last month. The Welsh group is a very tight group and just the winners qualify automatically for the finals tournament. Yet this month he gets called up, withdraws and then starts for Leyton Orient?

No idea what's going on there. :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's pretty bizarre. Turns captained the Welsh U-21s in a qualifier just last month. The Welsh group is a very tight group and just the winners qualify automatically for the finals tournament. Yet this month he gets called up, withdraws and then starts for Leyton Orient?

No idea what's going on there. :shrug:
Yes, I wondered about that too.........

.........TBH, I was hoping for all the low down on that from you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports