Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 2022 Drought - Hosepipe ban imminent?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Keep watering those gardens during any hosepipe ban. https://watertwo.co.uk/

The way my kids waste water this is pretty ingenious and so simple

Biggest wasters of water round my way are private schools using obscene quantities of water on their Rugby fields

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Up our allotment we are not allowed to use hose pipes, only the water from troughs provided.
But if your house borders the allotment and have a plot, there's nothing stopping these people from running a hose pipe from their house onto plot.
Barmy???

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Up our allotment we are not allowed to use hose pipes, only the water from troughs provided.
But if your house borders the allotment and have a plot, there's nothing stopping these people from running a hose pipe from their house onto plot.
Barmy???
It's watering cans from the troughs only on my allotment site. The reason being the site gets charged for the water used and, if everyone had hosepipes the bill would go through the roof.

Anyone living alongside their plot would be entitled to run a hose to their plot, no problem, as it is the householder who will get stiffed for the bill.

3 years ago they installed a water trough right on my plot, marvellous scene's !

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Am not entirely surprised but I did hear someone on the radio from East Anglian water the other day saying that they had no plans to bring in water restrictions this summer and they are traditionally the area of the country with the least rainfall. She did say that they need a wet winter though.

We have had very little rain up here, the River Wear in Weardale is looking like a stream in comparison to what it usually looks like and Burnhope Reservoir is extremely low.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's watering cans from the troughs only on my allotment site. The reason being the site gets charged for the water used and, if everyone had hosepipes the bill would go through the roof.

Anyone living alongside their plot would be entitled to run a hose to their plot, no problem, as it is the householder who will get stiffed for the bill.

3 years ago they installed a water trough right on my plot, marvellous scene's !

Watering cans for us too, feel like a bloody milk maid :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Am not entirely surprised but I did hear someone on the radio from East Anglian water the other day saying that they had no plans to bring in water restrictions this summer and they are traditionally the area of the country with the least rainfall. She did say that they need a wet winter though.

We have had very little rain up here, the River Wear in Weardale is looking like a stream in comparison to what it usually looks like and Burnhope Reservoir is extremely low.
East Anglia is pretty sparsely populated though, probably much less demand for water than from us in the affluent South ?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Who uses hosepipes these days anyway? Most gardens can take being dry for ages. Only a few smaller plants need a bit of water which can be done via a watering can.

Not much of an issue in my view.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Keep watering those gardens during any hosepipe ban. https://watertwo.co.uk/

Brilliant. At the moment I literally have a spare hose going from the first floor bathroom down to the garden and rely on a good old sucking of a garden hose to empty the bath. You don't want a mouth full of it either as you're only allowed a bath in this household if someone else can get in after!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Who uses hosepipes these days anyway? Most gardens can take being dry for ages. Only a few smaller plants need a bit of water which can be done via a watering can.

Not much of an issue in my view.

I do - to fill up the paddling pool.

I then use this to water the garden after a few days when the water is manky, using a bucket / watering can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here