Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 2022/2023 Relegation Thread - September’s views & votes

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Forest (done a Fulham from 2-3 seasons ago and signed volume not quality, hard to see where their goals will come from)
Bournemouth (to weak, not strengthened enough, dumped their manager too quick)
Leeds (very reliant on Bamford to score their goals or the 18 year old they have just signed. Bamford appears to be made of straw. If he is not fit for most of the season they are in big do do)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bournemouth have already surrendered.
As for the other two, Forest, Leicester, Wolves, Villa, Brentford, Fulham, Everton, Brighton take your pick to be honest, it is all about injuries, and luck really.

Question, obviously Forest have brought in about 20 new players and have been splashing the cash, if they got relegated would they be in financial trouble even with parachute payments ?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Could Leicester be a surprise team for the drop? They didn’t look great last night. No-doubt they will be up for it on Sunday.

20th Bournemouth
19th Wolves
18th Leicester

Yes they could - there is clearly major problems behind the scenes. Rodgers was not a happy camper last night - not because of the result, but because of his frustration with the summer - and he had a hop off of the owners in the process. Similar to Parker - however Rodgers has far more brownie points in the bag and can get away with statements like that.

Leicester still have a decent squad - but there is no doubt that they are going backwards and there lies the problem. You cannot stand still in football and once the slipping starts it can get out of control. The manager and players will get frustrated - the fans will react and all of a sudden you are in a full-blown crisis. If Rodgers wants to see this through instead of just throwing his hat at it (he might be eying up the Villa job if Gerrard gets the chop) - then it will be a major test of his coaching and managerial skills to right the ship and start producing some results. I still think they will be okay - but it is not looking good at the moment.

I will stick with my original prediction for now -

Bournemouth
Forest - despite splashing the cash (although they have brought in a couple of decent players)
and
Everton - just because I believe Lampard is that poor a manager (I think Villa will survive because they will dump Gerrard before long if things don't improve - and Leeds look like they can get the odd decent result).

Leicester still bottom of the league tomorrow night?

CA61AD7B-24EB-48BE-B8D8-56282FC3D5B8.jpeg

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Forest and Bournemouth will both be in the bottom six at the end of the season. Not a lot of quality on either side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I still have absolutely no idea :smile:

3 from 10 or 11

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Need a win tomorrow to keep up the Citeh and Spurs. If we have any ambitions for Champions League football, we have to be beating #teamslikeleicester

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Need a win tomorrow to keep up the Citeh and Spurs. If we have any ambitions for Champions League football, we have to be beating #teamslikeleicester

Have a word with yourself :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bournemouth
Leeds
Forest

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Leicester have to sack Rodgers to have a chance, Bournemouth aren’t good enough and then pick another - Id guess Forest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here