Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2 signings now needed?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I'd say we need 2 in CM alone. Not sure one 19 year old is going to do it. Ayaris gone and Dahoud left on the bench yesterday.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Cole Palmer on the bench today for City. They have their new wide man also on the bench as well as Foden. Apparently they are after another attacking player ( Eze) which they may need some cash for to balance the FFP books.
Wonder whether we may make a bid. Allegedly we made one earlier in the window.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
With himself hopefully wrong starting line up today, Milner is a signing IMO we didn’t need and to cost Veltman his place is ridiculous.
Spot on

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
With himself hopefully wrong starting line up today, Milner is a signing IMO we didn’t need and to cost Veltman his place is ridiculous.
Thought when he singed he would be a useful addition to the squad,30 mins off the bench some starts if needed but didn’t think he would start ahead of Veltman.
Can’t really get my head around that one.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
According to the club site the squad is currently of 26 players - including Moder, Enciso and Zeqiri ( and Alzate and Buonanotte ).

That looks quite a courageous size to start a campaign with so there could well be a handful of incommings.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
According to the club site the squad is currently of 26 players - including Moder, Enciso and Zeqiri ( and Alzate and Buonanotte ).

That looks quite a courageous size to start a campaign with so there could well be a handful of incommings.
I'd rather look at @chaileyjem thread, as it has more info.
Pretty sure Zeqiri will go. Doubt will get any minutes out of Julio until the Jan window opens, and who knows on Jakub. I expect Alzate to go and Facundo to stay. And then Baleba in, and hopefully a FB and possibly one more player.
Think that will be sufficient to get us through until Jan. We do have some promising youngsters in the DS to draft in if needs be. We're currently in the situation where quality players who are fit aren't making the match-day squad of 20.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'd rather look at @chaileyjem thread, as it has more info.
Pretty sure Zeqiri will go. Doubt will get any minutes out of Julio until the Jan window opens, and who knows on Jakub. I expect Alzate to go and Facundo to stay. And then Baleba in, and hopefully a FB and possibly one more player.
Think that will be sufficient to get us through until Jan. We do have some promising youngsters in the DS to draft in if needs be. We're currently in the situation where quality players who are fit aren't making the match-day squad of 20.
There's no promising youngsters in the development squad that are ready.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
There's no promising youngsters in the development squad that are ready.
Is it possible that there are one or two who could step up even if, in your opinion, they are not? Maybe RDZ can see something you don´t.

What is the point of buying platers for the dev squad if they never get the chance?

Looking at Man City and Utd, both have 1st team players on long term injuries and so are straight away rumoured to be looking for expensive temporary replacements. Great incentive for a young player to sign for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here