Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2 signings now needed?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Christ on a bike!!
Is that Jesus H. Christ on a bike ? Did he weep ?
Baleba is a target and we're just waiting for them to get their replacement in according to the latest reporting. Sounds like its going to be a cool £30m.
Kudus - we walked away from the deal it appears. Probably the right thing to do given - according to reports - his behaviour.

As for other targets then Dahoud, Pedro , Verbruggen, Milner and Igor have all been secured. Three of them have already started in the first team.
And Adingra looks a great addition to the squad.

There's really nothing to suggest that we're not going to get several signings over the line before next Friday if we need them or that RDZ is not being "backed".

Not sure why this is "intriguing" or "struggling" or translates as "not really planned ahead". Nearly every club is still doing business in this window.
Sounds like totally normal to me and perplexing when you can't move for articles or pundits saying top of the league Brighton are the best club at recruitment in er, the world.

Oh well. Tough crowd.
Back of the net, Chailey !

I'm sure we'll bring in at least 1 more important signing, maybe more.

No need to panic. I'm going to enjoy the West Ham game and Bank Holiday weekend.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A defeat tomorrow will ramp this up big time…..on NSC!

Rubber under sheet fest

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
4 Players!

Call my greedy but we should do everything to keep RDZ happy……..

- Valentiń Barco (Injured but we should still grab him while we can)
- Carlos Baleba (too young to be 1st choice DM)
- Nico Gonzalez (the left footed attacker we were rumoured to be after before whom Brenford are going large for but he does not want to be there.
- Soufyan Amrabat (1st Sept only when Manure don’t flog Van Beek & fail to stump up the cash. He is leaving 100%)

Alzate & Zeqiri going the other way to Fiorentina.

Buonanotte & Moran out on loan.

Last edited:

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
4 Players!

- Nico Gonzalez (the left footed attacker we were rumoured to be after before whom Brenford are going large for but he does not want to be there.
- Soufyan Amrabat (1st Sept only when Manure don’t flog Van Beek & fail to stump up the cash. He is leaving 100%)

Totally agree about Gonzalez. Would be an incredible signing, a real statement of intent. Whatever happened to Craig Noone? Lol

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
4 Players!

Not going to happen but 100% the way I would go

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I agree we knew Caicedo was going months ago so I can only presume things have not gone smoothly on our approach to players.
Yes this is may inference too. It should be noted that with our reputation as excelling in this area and the influx of money signing new players has got significantly harder.

Some of the language on this thread is quite incredible too. For anyone suggesting a team/club performing as we are is letting anyone done is astonishing.

As someone else said , 'tough crowd'.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Yes this is may inference too. It should be noted that with our reputation as excelling in this area and the influx of money signing new players has got significantly harder.

Some of the language on this thread is quite incredible too. For anyone suggesting a team/club performing as we are is letting anyone done is astonishing.

As someone else said , 'tough crowd'.
Agree. Today RDZ made his expectations absolutely clear. If we don’t meet them this window then we have failed. It’s as black and white as that. A week to go, all to play for.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Or that we’d already sat down with RDZ and agreed that Gilmour would step up this season, we’ll bring in Dahoud who brings something different and assuming Caicedo goes then we’ll start putting the feelers out to a player like Baleba . As for how things have gone - then again I’ve no idea behind the scenes - but a willingness to assume it’s not gone smoothly - fair enough. Half empty ! I get it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here