Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2 and a half hours before we could leave?!?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
They have decided to pander to the ultras. It would be cheaper to round up the ultras - who must be known to the police - and put them under house arrest, then let the rest of us go about our business.

I hope Marseille fans have a brilliant experience at the Amex and that we don’t rush to the bottom and become like that. Change comes through modeling good behaviour.
To be fair, it would need to be quite a large house.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The title of the thread highlights the single reason I would never ever consider going to an away game in Europe. No one is going to steal two or three hours of what remains of my life by keeping me penned in a football stadium after the game has finished. Millwall used to be bad enough!

Nicks

The title of the thread highlights the single reason I would never ever consider going to an away game in Europe. No one is going to steal two or three hours of what remains of my life by keeping me penned in a football stadium after the game has finished. Millwall used to be bad enough!
I agree it was a ball ache being kept back but as someone said on another thread you will look back on it in a few months and laugh about it.
The bus journey in on our coach was brilliant, singing , drinking etc. Hopefully someone has recorded it. We were in the first convoy.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That's the sacrifice for following any team, whether its a delayed flight, the M6 or the French police.

Those who were there last night witnessed a piece of history and few will say it wasn't worth it

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Does anyone know if the chap who appeared to be having some sort of attack/seizure in the stairwell is ok? He was carted off by the first aiders pretty sharpish.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
How is that gonna help or offer any real compensation for the Albion fans affected?

If a system is shit, can’t we set a benchmark, a standard, a process? Why do WE have to be the same?
Aek fans said brighton treated them better than they have been in europe before.

Besides if we treated marseille fans the same we would need to take their buses out towards lewes, then back to shoreham before heading into victoria gardens via the palace pier roundabout

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
How is that gonna help or offer any real compensation for the Albion fans affected?

If a system is shit, can’t we set a benchmark, a standard, a process? Why do WE have to be the same?
Because we can be smug about it, it would be a moral victory.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Aek fans said brighton treated them better than they have been in europe before.
There was still a handful of them waiting for a bus back into town when we walked up to get our taxi shortly after 11. I don’t want to excuse what went on last night in anyway but the French old bill had more than twice the number of bodies to move.

On that did (m)any AEK fans use public transport to the ground or did they just jump on the busses from the K&Q?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Besides if we treated marseille fans the same we would need to take their buses out towards lewes, then back to shoreham before heading into victoria gardens via the palace pier roundabout
It's typical brilliant Brighton that we direct Europa League away fans to ye olde King & Queen, let them drink themselves stupid in that daft adult creche theme pub for a goodly number of hours, then bus them to Falmer by the most direct route. No wonder they love us :lol:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
On that did (m)any AEK fans use public transport to the ground or did they just jump on the busses from the K&Q?

I was waiting for someone for an hour outside the Amex for that match and can confirm there were small smatterings of AEK fans getting the train in. Mainly looked like fans that live in the UK and just made their own way in.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ok can someone please tell me.... could you get in the ground without being on one of the bus? Heard so many conflicting stories.

Just can't believe they would turn people away for making their own way there
I'm sure you didn't need to be on on of the buses.

A not dissimilar operation was put in place for AEK fans visiting the Amex last month. They were advised to meet up at the King & Queen pub, then were ferried to the ground on a fleet of coaches ermasse.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm sure you didn't need to be on on of the buses.

A not dissimilar operation was put in place for AEK fans visiting the Amex last month. They were advised to meet up at the King & Queen pub, then were ferried to the ground on a fleet of coaches ermasse.
This. AEK fans could 'of' got a bus or a train to the Amex and been about 99.9% safe from any kind of threat to personal safety. Same as any other away fan visiting the Amex really :shrug:

Maybe that central meet-up venue for away fans thing is a UEFA directive?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
but you'd happily waste life with 7k posts on here rather than celebrating with like minded people and having a "I was there" moment.

Odd !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here