Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Success to failure in 5 seasons?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quite possibly, but for those who purchased their seat for the lifetime of the stadium (later changed to 50 years), the license wouldn't apply.

I think you could be right re early bird offer. I have a feeling parking will be removed from the package.

I'm pretty sure parking is part of the license so it can't be.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes, that's all I did - I just looked at the IP addresses.

I've only been doing this 'job' for 12 or 13 years now, so thanks for the tips...

No probs. I'll invoice for my consultancy services via PM.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Contrast to other season ticket prices has been made without any specifics, so here are some. 2010/11 prices and 2015/16 prices...

North WSU wings: £395 / £465 (+17.7%)
WSU central: £460 / £550 (+19.6%)
WSL wings: £495 / £575 (+16.2%)
WSL middle-ish £545 / £650 (+19.3%)
WSL central: £595 / £715 (+20.2%)
Family: £425 / £495 (+16.5%)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a feeling parking will be removed from the package.

I have just taken a look at my license agreement and parking is enshrined in the contract. I have a lifetime license so the club can't change this as far as I can see. I guess the club can change the agreement when the 5 year versions expire though.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I have just taken a look at my license agreement and parking is enshrined in the contract. I have a lifetime license so the club can't change this as far as I can see. I guess the club can change the agreement when the 5 year versions expire though.

There's a clause in the agreement that allows the club to vary any terms...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Thanks for confirming that's useful to know, as we have 3 lifetime licenses as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's a clause in the agreement that allows the club to vary any terms...

True, but only under very specific circumstances though.

1) If the club is "prevented from doing so Force Majeure or by any other reason outside of the control of the club" they can vary terms. I'm not a lawyer but this is pretty standard, not to mention, obvious claus found in many contracts.
2) They can vary terms if "obliged by Regulations and/or Legislation". Again, I'm not a lawyer but this is pretty standard, not to mention, obvious clause found in many contracts.
3) They can also vary terms if "necessary to do so in the best interests of the scheme, management of the scheme and the rights of the stadium."

My take on this is they can't just chop the car parking entitlement because it's beneficial to them to do so.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
True, but only under very specific circumstances though.

1) If the club is "prevented from doing so Force Majeure or by any other reason outside of the control of the club" they can vary terms. I'm not a lawyer but this is pretty standard, not to mention, obvious claus found in many contracts.
2) They can vary terms if "obliged by Regulations and/or Legislation". Again, I'm not a lawyer but this is pretty standard, not to mention, obvious clause found in many contracts.
3) They can also vary terms if "necessary to do so in the best interests of the scheme, management of the scheme and the rights of the stadium."

My take on this is they can't just chop the car parking entitlement because it's beneficial to them to do so.

It would be under the "....best interests of the scheme..." phrase that they would rely. It might well be commercially insane to change certain features of the scheme, but, contractually, they could. S'all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It would be under the "....best interests of the scheme..." phrase that they would rely. It might well be commercially insane to change certain features of the scheme, but, contractually, they could. S'all.

Possibly, but if this was challenged I think they'd have a difficult time convincing a judge that cancelling a very key component (and right) of the agreement was in the best interests of the agreement.

Out of interest, how do you think this would this be in "the best interests?"

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Quite possibly, but for those who purchased their seat for the lifetime of the stadium (later changed to 50 years), the license wouldn't apply.

At my season ticket presentation, they clarified that the standard "lifetime of the stadium" is 50 years, rather than selling it as lifetime, then changing it.

Good god, man. Some of us do what we can to never have to read Timmy's drivel. A little warning before linking his articles, please.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
At my season ticket presentation, they clarified that the standard "lifetime of the stadium" is 50 years, rather than selling it as lifetime, then changing it.

Good god, man. Some of us do what we can to never have to read Timmy's drivel. A little warning before linking his articles, please.

Too late :(

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is the club that span 'lifetime' membership of the away supporters scheme as meaning 'lifetime of the scheme' so all bets are off as to what they can actually change :lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At my season ticket presentation, they clarified that the standard "lifetime of the stadium" is 50 years, rather than selling it as lifetime, then .

Different presentation to mine then, which was early on in the sales process (3rd day). The T&Cs do state 50 years.

We all picked up on the 'lifetime' as it was (and remains) a good deal, and weren't corrected when the question was asked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here