Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Seat Licenses Wanted

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I want to move from 1901 at the end of this period and get a season ticket elsewhere instead but the club have told me that I have to join behind the current 7,000 on the waiting list... for which I also have to pay to join each season! So no sort of preferential treatment for loyalty and supporting the club. 🤷🏽*♂️

Blimey.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Regular STs have a window when they can move. Seems unfair if this is not applied to 1901s as well. Is this correct?

Not really unless you just want to give up your 1901 seat and not sell it - when you sell the seat licence you are also selling the right for the new owner to buy a season ticket, hence jumping the queue.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I want to move from 1901 at the end of this period and get a season ticket elsewhere instead but the club have told me that I have to join behind the current 7,000 on the waiting list... for which I also have to pay to join each season! So no sort of preferential treatment for loyalty and supporting the club. ����*♂️

That is truly shit customer service. Email Barber for an in depth explanation of such a jobsworth solution?

I would be very interested in how he tries to justify it. Why the hell should a Premium member have to go to the back of the queue to move to another area?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Could this be because 1901 STs are corporate and not allocated to an individual- just guessing

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Could this be because 1901 STs are corporate and not allocated to an individual- just guessing

A lot (most?) are allocated to an individual, just like a ST everywhere else in the ground.

If #BarberOut's plan is to whittle down the number of individuals in 1901 in order to maximise true corporate take-up, putting those individuals who want to move out at the back of the ST queue seems a very strange way to go about it!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But it is allocated to me, in my name. Not a company. It was bought by me as an individual. So guess again.

I can see a justification if, for example, you sell your ticket to someone who isn’t on the waiting list and then you get to move elsewhere. Not saying I agree, but some might deem this unfair. But if you swop at the end of the 5 years and hand the ticket back to the club, surely there’s no argument?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
A lot (most?) are allocated to an individual, just like a ST everywhere else in the ground.

If #BarberOut's plan is to whittle down the number of individuals in 1901 in order to maximise true corporate take-up, putting those individuals who want to move out at the back of the ST queue seems a very strange way to go about it!

It all depends on how you want to “move out”. If the 1901 licence is transferred to another individual then so is the season ticket. Surrendering the seat at the end of the 5 year licence period would be different and the seat holder would have a good case, (IMO), to claim a ST elsewhere in the ground.

If current licence holders were entitled to have a ST in another area when selling their licence they could, (taking it to extremes), transfer the 1901 seat to a mate who could transfer it again and again. Each transfer would result in an additional ST being granted.

Edit - just seen [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It all depends on how you want to “move out”. If the 1901 licence is transferred to another individual then so is the season ticket. Surrendering the seat at the end of the 5 year licence period would be different and the seat holder would have a good case, (IMO), to claim a ST elsewhere in the ground.

If current licence holders were entitled to have a ST in another area when selling their licence they could, (taking it to extremes), transfer the 1901 seat to a mate who could transfer it again and again. Each transfer would result in an additional ST being granted.

Edit - just seen [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]

Yep - that makes sense.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
But it is allocated to me, in my name. Not a company. It was bought by me as an individual. So guess again.

Ok, a question, not a guess. What did it explicitly say in the T&C’s about your options when not renewing your 1901?

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I bought two 1901 Platinum lifetime £2,000. Was given all the spill at the time. How fans at other clubs could ask £10,000 for their tickets in the Premier. I would not want to sell anyway but it's all b.llocks. When the renewal came up last time I did say I might change to two season tickets and was told that l would have to go on the waiting list. I,ve got seven mates who have moved from WSU to ESU with no hassle. (Age related).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eggshell blonde

Oct 21, 2007
Portslade
I have two Platinum (MYB lounge - West lower) for sale.
Just struggling to make it to the games this season due to a change of circumstance and weekend commitments.
PM if interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here