1901 or whatever the corporate are is called

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'll be leaving my seat most games 5 minutes (at least) before half time and I expect I won't return to my seat until well into the second half. I even expect they'll be occasions where I don't bother going back if the bar is open and the game is on the telly.

If that makes me a bad fan then so be it! Couldn't give a flying feck what anyone else thinks to be honest I've paid my money I can arrive when I like and come and go as I please.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
to be honest I have been to the Horse races numerous times some times taking 2 hours to get there and then standing at the bar drinking and watching it on Channel 4 on the TV from the Bar.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I pay for 90 minutes (plus injury time or extra time) of football, I can go into a pub for a pint and a pie whenever I want for nothing - each to their own I suppose

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll be leaving my seat most games 5 minutes (at least) before half time and I expect I won't return to my seat until well into the second half. I even expect they'll be occasions where I don't bother going back if the bar is open and the game is on the telly.

If that makes me a bad fan then so be it! Couldn't give a flying feck what anyone else thinks to be honest I've paid my money I can arrive when I like and come and go as I please.

They weren't showing the match on the concourse screens on Saturday - it was Sky Sports only - which is why so many of us were standing around oblivious to the fact the match had re-started.

Again, the WSU concourse is so well insulated soundwise that I think the only time you'd know a game was going on outside is when the Albion score.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My question to HT was totally inquisitive. I saw a group of Africans fully suited and booted (didn’t know they were Nigerian) and wondered about them, perhaps family of a current or potential new signing, maybe something to do with an overseas FA. It is not that weird to wonder, after all, they didn't seem to be local, heavy foreign accents, and were in a group of 5 or 6 attending the first game at the Amex, in the 1901/corporate hospitality area, got to be a story there. Why the oh so ‘humorous’ (offensive) comments?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Absolute disgrace on Saturday they disappear 5 mins before half time and dont return until 10 mins into the second half...

Call yourselves fans?

Whats the excuses?

I would hazard a guess that a lot of it was down to teething problems at our new stadium. As has been mentioned elsewhere on this site, there wasn't an announcement until the second half was kicking off, not when the teams were coming out, the time it took to serve people food and drink ....etc.

There were similar problems in the WSU for the SSCF and i accidently ended up missing the first 15 minutes of the second half (there were quite a few of us still there too) because there was no way of telling the time or that the game was about to restart or indeed had restarted. We were also delayed by the time it took to get served, but that was an improvement on the pre-kick off wait.

Had i know the game was restarting then i would have been back out in time then, but i think it was probably the same thing here and a lot of fans missed the start of the 2nd half through no fault of their own.

It amazes me with all that has happened at this club over the last few years and this rapid growth and brand new facilities we have that some would still rather moan about pretty trivial things than realise that the club are still learning and looking to improve things (hence 2 ramp up events) and that a little patience is the order of the day. Why not think about or praise all the hundreds or thousands of things that worked well to get us to where we are now. It amazes me how some people lack any kind of sense of perspective.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Absolute disgrace on Saturday they disappear 5 mins before half time and dont return until 10 mins into the second half...

Call yourselves fans?

Whats the excuses?

And besides, what sort of fan decides to attack other supporters of the same club.

What are you trying to or hoping to achieve by doing that? - to put them off and stop them coming in future so that we just have a small band of followers every week but made of uf people you deem worthy of attending and supporting our team?

Isn't it up to the individual what they do, whatever you may think about it?

Whats the excuse for this poor behaviour?

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I have a box at Gloster Rugby and if my clients want another pint or a chat then thats what you do!
If i buy a ticket i'll do exactly what i want, it doesn't make me a lesser man if i spend 20 mins in the bog!!!!!!!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

This

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My question to HT was totally inquisitive. I saw a group of Africans fully suited and booted (didn’t know they were Nigerian) and wondered about them, perhaps family of a current or potential new signing, maybe something to do with an overseas FA. It is not that weird to wonder, after all, they didn't seem to be local, heavy foreign accents, and were in a group of 5 or 6 attending the first game at the Amex, in the 1901/corporate hospitality area, got to be a story there. Why the oh so ‘humorous’ (offensive) comments?

Nothing much, they'd moved down from Swindon and fancied a game. Apparently their landlord in Swindon was an Albion fan.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
They weren't showing the match on the concourse screens on Saturday - it was Sky Sports only - which is why so many of us were standing around oblivious to the fact the match had re-started.

Again, the WSU concourse is so well insulated soundwise that I think the only time you'd know a game was going on outside is when the Albion score.

They are going to though aren't they? Sure I read something in the season ticket gumph about Seagulls TV or similar.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I watched until the end of the first half. Went to bar for my half time beer. My transaction history indicates I was served at 16:01. Drank it super quick, but admitately did miss the start of second half. Sorry about that.

so no difference to the experience of hospitality from wITHDEAN THEN, WHEN WE ALL ARRIVED TEN MINUTES LATE FOR THE START OF THE SECOND HALF

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just catching up on this thread. A few things.

Firstly I stayed in my seat the whole time from 1.45 to near 5 bar a quick wee break at half time.
Secondly yes a large number of 1901 did come back late. I agree there is no excuse. Why do you need a pie and pint at half time if you've only just had your lunch? It beats me.

But finally areas of the whole of the ground were empty just after half time and I've got a photo of the North Stand to prove it so don't pick on the 1901 because it was prevalent everywhere.

Half time is for a piss, nothing else. If you can't last another 45 minutes without a drink or food you are either an alcoholic or a fat bastard.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Half time is for a piss, nothing else. If you can't last another 45 minutes without a drink or food you are either an alcoholic or a fat bastard.

Ahhh at last, I always wondered what those extra 20 minutes in between the two halves of football was all about, now I have been informed. And I just thought I was a fat bastard. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here