1901 members getting West Ham tickets first?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Just had breakfast with a friend who has informed me that 1901 members regardless of loyalty points are allowed tickets for the West Ham game,has this been the case all season or have the club just decided to implement this?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just had breakfast with a friend who has informed me that 1901 members regardless of loyalty points are allowed tickets for the West Ham game,has this been the case all season or have the club just decided to implement this?

Not exactly sure what was agreed as there was a statement saying they had priority however I think they were awarded an extra 200 points at the start of the season. So I suppose if you were a STH at Withdean potentially you could have started off with 1450 points ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought all they got was 50 extra loyalty points ?

You may well be right, I know there was some additional points reward but not sure what

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
30 points. And whilst I am a) the friend he had breakfast with and b) a 1901 club member, I think it's wrong. I've got enough points because I go to all the away games and that should be what counts. Having said that I think everyone who wants one will get one.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think they will sell out before getting to 1,170 LP

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think they will sell out before getting to 1,170 LP

It is a strange one, I logged on at 1730 last night expecting to have to keep trying and got straight in which tells me, given other games it may not be selling so quickly

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It would be interesting to know how many 1901 members are actual fans as opposed to membership by companies that use this corporate entertaining

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
It would be interesting to know how many 1901 members are actual fans as opposed to membership by companies that use this corporate entertaining

I think (?) I can answer that. A few above zilch corperate would be my hunch based on my experience today.

I experienced the 1901 Club for the first time today in the East Stand. I wore a smart pair of jeans plus a casual shirt (tucked in for a change) & shoes. Based on many others in there, I felt overdressed. From what I saw today, there appeared to be very few corperate looking types in there. Maybe all the suits were having a mufti day today? Who knows?

As for the whole experience? I'm so glad I never even considered joining. A free programme & cuppa at half time, a pleasant enough run of the mill bar plus restuarant with overpriced food is not worth the high sum for membership in my opinion. (Over a grand I believe?) Give me the North Stand any day.

As for the East Stand itself? It felt like a library to me. I thought I was sitting in Madam Tussuad's! Everyone around us was motionless & expressionless. The silence only being broken when somebody had a moan about Barnes or Brezevan. Giving any vocal encouragement seemed to almost invite stares of disapproval.

Its up to supporters how they spend their money at the club. Their choice. Had I spent all that dosh on membership, I would have felt knocked. Roll on next Tuesday & my regular seat.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think (?) I can answer that. A few above zilch corperate would be my hunch based on my experience today.

I experienced the 1901 Club for the first time today in the East Stand. I wore a smart pair of jeans plus a casual shirt (tucked in for a change) & shoes. Based on many others in there, I felt overdressed. From what I saw today, there appeared to be very few corperate looking types in there. Maybe all the suits were having a mufti day today? Who knows?

As for the whole experience? I'm so glad I never even considered joining. A free programme & cuppa at half time, a pleasant enough run of the mill bar plus restuarant with overpriced food is not worth the high sum for membership in my opinion. (Over a grand I believe?) Give me the North Stand any day.

As for the East Stand itself? It felt like a library to me. I thought I was sitting in Madam Tussuad's! Everyone around us was motionless & expressionless. The silence only being broken when somebody had a moan about Barnes or Brezevan. Giving any vocal encouragement seemed to almost invite stares of disapproval.

Its up to supporters how they spend their money at the club. Their choice. Had I spent all that dosh on membership, I would have felt knocked. Roll on next Tuesday & my regular seat.

Been in there once and found it the same. Never again.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

Well. Myself and my 6 friends; managed to get WH tix. All 1901 members but also all previous Gillingham ST holders. Hope that's OK with you?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well. Myself and my 6 friends; managed to get WH tix. All 1901 members but also all previous Gillingham ST holders. Hope that's OK with you?

Why should it be OK with me as I don't give a toss.

All I was wanting to know was how many fans are actual real fans in 1901 as opposed to memberships purchased by companies to use as corporate entertainment.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Why should it be OK with me as I don't give a toss.

All I was wanting to know was how many fans are actual real fans in 1901 as opposed to memberships purchased by companies to use as corporate entertainment.

500 separate sussex companies have bought 2 or more 1901 tickets, now how many of those were/are 'real' fans will remain unknown

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
500 separate sussex companies have bought 2 or more 1901 tickets, now how many of those were/are 'real' fans will remain unknown

Interesting so how many 1901 members are there altogether as it was expanded from the original concept to the East Stand

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

I know several several self employed people who have bought 2 or more tickets via their companies. None of them do any corporate entertainment, just shove the invoice through and hope the tax/VAT man does not notice.

If corporate entertainment is the name of the game I would have thought a company would want a minimum of 4 tickets, and I bet the percentage falling into that bracket is very low.

I am not bothered either way.

I am shocked that the 1901's have got priority treatment for West Ham though, this seems to make a mockery of the loyalty point system

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am shocked that the 1901's have got priority treatment for West Ham though, this seems to make a mockery of the loyalty point system

Not sure why I am sure it was stated very clearly you would get priority in the original offer, not that I actually agree with it.

Highamgull

Feb 26, 2009
Not exactly sure what was agreed as there was a statement saying they had priority however I think they were awarded an extra 200 points at the start of the season. So I suppose if you were a STH at Withdean potentially you could have started off with 1450 points ?

We all started out with 1050 points and those who were season ticket holders at Withdean got the additional 250 points.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005

to be fair, it's not ready aimed at fans like me and you, and I don't suppose a lot of the corporate types would appreciate a standard footy atmosphere especially away games for example. I certainly wouldn't ever swap my seat even for a game to try.

That being said, many are very passionate and knowledgable but are older or prefer that vibe. whilst they keep supporting the albion and rolling the cash in, I'm over the moon to have a club that appeals to all sorts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports