Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 members getting West Ham tickets first?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Out of interest why have the chosen the west ham game to give 1901 priority when they didn't for the far more popular palace game. Seems a bit strange.

Not that I think it will be an issue as there should be enough to go round for west ham.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Out of interest why have the chosen the west ham game to give 1901 priority when they didn't for the far more popular palace game. Seems a bit strange.

Not that I think it will be an issue as there should be enough to go round for west ham.

1901ers were given priority and allowed to purchase an extra ticket for Liverpool.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's curious is in the very detailed ticket details that the club publish for away games, they seem to forget to mention any special 1901 arrangements, where they exist.

Why would that be?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Exactly as they don't want to piss everyone else off by suddenly changing the rules and making a mockery of the loyalty points system.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As a 1901 member I have never heard of any official priority arrangement, no one as contacted me, there is nothing in the paperwork, nothing on the ticket site. I've never been able to buy more than my 2 tickets for away games ( I tried to get a couple of extras for a game and was told tat I could only buy one per member). Having said that, I have plenty of loyalty points so it doesn't really affect me or the missus.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im not trawling thru this thread but two observations

I got my WHU tix on Friday no probs (1580) loyalty points but not a 1901 member.

It did amuse me to see a 1901 option for the WH game.

Beach Hut better get one as we ALL know what happened last time ;)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Im not trawling thru this thread but two observations

I got my WHU tix on Friday no probs (1580) loyalty points but not a 1901 member.

It did amuse me to see a 1901 option for the WH game.

Beach Hut better get one as we ALL know what happened last time ;)

We have 5 tickets thanks and for Burnley and will be at Barnsley

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Must say I found the 1901 club a very well run hospitality club,I went today as a guest of a Brighton fan who I joined on the falmer march I had a sit down 3 corse meal in a very nice bar area pie at half time and coffee at the end staff were first class ,I felt the other Brighton fan were well behind there team but were of an older generation, game was good I felt bora were the better side (with out my palace tinted glasses on)Robison run the game but Brighton did well to get the draw.
Brighton football club in in a healthy condition now and it was good to see the ball kept on the floor

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

As the 1901 club are all plastic JCLs they would naturally be interested in big clubs who they've seen playing in the EPL.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just as well - wouldn't want that free first class rail travel going to, errrm, waste.

Oh what you would give for it, because I am worth it

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just as well - wouldn't want that free first class rail travel going to, errrm, waste.

He'll be paying for his home travel next season though :smile:

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
1901ers were given priority and allowed to purchase an extra ticket for Liverpool.

Which would probably explain why the tickets all sold out quicker than anyone expected thus leaving many of those with lesser points no chance of getting a ticket. Chances are many of those 'bonus' 1901 tickets went to 'Johnny come hardly ever' or 'Johnny going for the first time' on a jolly awayday. Wrong.

If we make the play offs, I hope this 'arrangement' doesn't occur again should we make Wembley.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Which would probably explain why the tickets all sold out quicker than anyone expected thus leaving many of those with lesser points no chance of getting a ticket. Chances are many of those 'bonus' 1901 tickets went to 'Johnny come hardly ever' or 'Johnny going for the first time' on a jolly awayday. Wrong.

If we make the play offs, I hope this 'arrangement' doesn't occur again should we make Wembley.

Get real, if we get to Wembley we will get 40,000 plus tickets so everyone will go.

We did not actually sell our full allocation when we played at Cardiff

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I think (?) I can answer that. A few above zilch corperate would be my hunch based on my experience today.

I experienced the 1901 Club for the first time today in the East Stand. I wore a smart pair of jeans plus a casual shirt (tucked in for a change) & shoes. Based on many others in there, I felt overdressed. From what I saw today, there appeared to be very few corperate looking types in there. Maybe all the suits were having a mufti day today? Who knows?

As for the whole experience? I'm so glad I never even considered joining. A free programme & cuppa at half time, a pleasant enough run of the mill bar plus restuarant with overpriced food is not worth the high sum for membership in my opinion. (Over a grand I believe?) Give me the North Stand any day.

As for the East Stand itself? It felt like a library to me. I thought I was sitting in Madam Tussuad's! Everyone around us was motionless & expressionless. The silence only being broken when somebody had a moan about Barnes or Brezevan. Giving any vocal encouragement seemed to almost invite stares of disapproval.

Its up to supporters how they spend their money at the club. Their choice. Had I spent all that dosh on membership, I would have felt knocked. Roll on next Tuesday & my regular seat.

Been offered 1901 seats for Birmingham and reading decided to let my daughter make the choice, She laughed as if to say Standing in the north with the atmosphere or sitting in the sarnie stand.What do you think she has chosen

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
Your point being ?

My post said and YOU quoted " I thought all they got was 50 EXTRA loyalty points "

I stand corrected it was 30 EXTRA

You are correct in thinking young seagulls got 50 points tho !

Just helping you understand the loyalty points:rolleyes:

FlowersBrighton

Mar 24, 2012
Commercial page of the program yesterday said that 300 West Ham tickets had been reserved for 1901 - rest on loyalty points.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Commercial page of the program yesterday said that 300 West Ham tickets had been reserved for 1901 - rest on loyalty points.

I was banging on earlier in the season about 1901ers getting priority for the big games and was told I was spouting a load of old bollocks. 10% of the allocation has been set aside for the toffs. Only 2,700 for us ruffians to scramble after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here