Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
is it invites only then ???
regards
DR

No, but I consider your 'contributions' thus far to be somewhat troll-like and would suggest you stop.

This is a decent discussion about an area of major concern and will not be derailed by you in your usual inimitable style.

Jan 30, 2008
No, but I consider your 'contributions' thus far to be somewhat troll-like and would suggest you stop.

This is a decent discussion about an area of major concern and will not be derailed by you in your usual inimitable style.
fine i've put my point across, i'd feel let down but then again i'm not in 1901 but know some people who are :whistle:
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In the event that it's altered I'm not sure you waving a bit of paper around saying "but I've got a LICENCE!" will have any effect, they may just rip out your physical seat and GIVE it to you.

This would be for lawyers/court to decide. As far as I am concerned the 50 year contract the club and myself signed clearly and legally obliges the club to offer me my seat for the duration of this period. The whole point of a contract is that it clearly states the obligations and expectations of both sides. Neither me or the club can simply walk away from it without some come back.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
fine i've put my point across, i'd feel let down but then again i'm not in 1901 but know some people who are :whistle:
regards
DR

Do you know what's funny. I hate reading your absolute tosh on here, I really do. I can't say anything that will piss you off, or suddently turn you into a useful poster.

But what I can do is take heart from this one thing:

No matter how short and annoying your post on a thread is.
No matter how irrelivant or provocative.
No matter how offensive.
No matter how BORING.

You, at the end of every single post, have to type the word "regards", press Enter, hold shift and then type "DR" before clicking submit. All just for your EGO.
That must be WEEEEEEELL annoying - and to think you've had to do that nearly 11,000 times makes me happy.

Best Wishes,
Thomas

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Do you know what's funny. I hate reading your absolute tosh on here, I really do. I can't say anything that will piss you off, or suddently turn you into a useful poster.

But what I can do is take heart from this one thing:

No matter how short and annoying your post on a thread is.
No matter how irrelivant or provocative.
No matter how offensive.
No matter how BORING.

You, at the end of every single post, have to type the word "regards", press Enter, hold shift and then type "DR" before clicking submit. All just for your EGO.
That must be WEEEEEEELL annoying - and to think you've had to do that nearly 11,000 times makes me happy.

Best Wishes,
Thomas

It's called obsessive compulsive disorder.

Regards
OCD

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I doubt if Barber had been here 2/3 years ago the 1901 Club would have been set up how it was, it is one massive mess up now and not easy to change the way it operates without upsetting lots of loyal fans.

Indeed. People moan about Barber, but he has been bought in to fix the absolute mess made when we moved into the Amex

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I doubt if Barber had been here 2/3 years ago the 1901 Club would have been set up how it was, it is one massive mess up now and not easy to change the way it operates without upsetting lots of loyal fans.

Have to agree in principle here, although, the firm that set up the 1901 Club told us many times how experienced they were in setting up similar schemes at other clubs (rugby & football) in the UK and elswhere around the world. Somewhere between them setting it up, and the Club taking over the running of it is where the balls up is. I think it started when they fell hook line and sinker for Azures (apparently hugely cheaper) bid to run the catering, and didn't nip in the bud the problems early on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I take your point, but ultimately the 'licence' is just a bit of paper issued by the football club and is just about who sits in what seat in a private building that the football club owns (effectively). In the event that it's altered I'm not sure you waving a bit of paper around saying "but I've got a LICENCE!" will have any effect, they may just rip out your physical seat and GIVE it to you.

I dunno, you're probably right and you obviously know more about the Ts and Cs than me, it's just that, well, don't be surprised if they try it on.

Wasn't this scenario explored a couple of years back when the club were trying to flog PSL's ? The club will no doubt try to impose a £60 courier fee to deliver the seat to a home address.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My meal in The Ganges typically comes in at £20 and whilst I dont stuff myself silly equally I don't hold back: poppadoms, chutney, starter, main, rice and a Cobra. Unquestionable quality as well.

As for your second point the buck has to stop with Barber. He took the bold move of sacking Azure and appointing this lot.

Ahem, is one permitted to enquire as to where the Ganges is situated? (restaurant not river), as if it is within reasonable travelling distance one may like to visit?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
£19 for a plate of curry..............

even people who have pots of cash must think they're not getting value for money there

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
£19 for a plate of curry..............

even people who have pots of cash must think they're not getting value for money there

as demonstrated by the very, very poor numbers of people actually eating it, think I saw 4 people with a plate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here