Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15th July 2014 remember this day.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Hang on, i for one did not mention vengeance, my posts on pages 2 and 4 merely mean't that in this case there should not be an appeal. I realise that in a lot of cases in fact the majority are worth an appeal. Due to the nature, the footage, the admittance and the severity of this particular crime, i think this one is not worthy and a waste of time, resources and money.

Who and what decides whether an appeal should be allowed, where is the line drawn and who keeps it in place? Nah. Personally I would rather everyone be entitled to one than setting foot on a slippery slope like that.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Oh don't bring "God" into this ffs!

Cause and effect,in the realm of the relative(that's here on earth,in the now-limited by mankind's beliefs) as oppose to the realm of the absolute,(where there are not limitations).

Besides God can go do one,she is a F****** sl**....he finds us amusing.

Others have stated,if we go down the road of being like the rest of the world with our justice system,we risk an unstable UK.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If a criminal was holding a gun to your head in a public street.
Husty gets shot or the criminal?

Neither, you negotiate.
The criminal would want to negotiate because they wouldn't have bothered putting their gun to his head. If they intended cold blooded murder, they would have just shot him outright.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Who and what decides whether an appeal should be allowed, where is the line drawn and who keeps it in place? Nah. Personally I would rather everyone be entitled to one than setting foot on a slippery slope like that.

"Line is drawn". Surely all cases are different, this one just happened to be played out in front of millions with the murderer actually admitting it to about 6 million people that day. Fairly conclusive evidence in my book....how can you appeal against that.....in this case i mean.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Cause and effect,in the realm of the relative(that's here on earth,in the now-limited by mankind's beliefs) as oppose to the realm of the absolute,(where there are not limitations).

Besides God can go do one,she is a F****** sl**....he finds us amusing.

Others have stated,if we go down the road of being like the rest of the world with our justice system,we risk an unstable UK.

Religion is the cause of all problems

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
"Line is drawn". Surely all cases are different, this one just happened to be played out in front of millions with the murderer actually admitting it to about 6 million people that day. Fairly conclusive evidence in my book....how can you appeal against that.....in this case i mean.

He isn't. He's appealing the sentence.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Neither, you negotiate.
The criminal would want to negotiate because they wouldn't have bothered putting their gun to his head. If they intended cold blooded murder, they would have just shot him outright.

With Husty involved :D

Sorry [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION], we all love you really :)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Well, to be fair I can agree that I'll be lucky if I never meet you, the ignorance you've shown on this thread has certainly put me off the idea but that doesn't change your original intention in those words, that I would 'regret' encountering you. Later on you question my age by saying I would have trouble getting into a bar. So... you think it's acceptable to go around threatening and enacting violence against children?[/QUOTE

You appear to be mentally ill---seek help

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yes i know that, obviously. The evidence was conclusive, the judge gave his sentence....that should be the end in THIS particular case. Other cases may differ of course.

Yes, the evidence was conclusive and he isn't disputing the verdict. He is disputing the sentence.

Sorry, I don't know how to explain it any simpler.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Religion is the cause of all problems

I will not disagree with that statement to some degree,however mankind has not evolved to a stage to overcome greed,greed leads to fear,fear leads to violence,violence to pain...

We could ask ourselves why? why the pain and suffering we as a nation,a great nation,a proud nation,why when we were acting with greed,within the last 1000 years,is slowly seeping back to us,cause and effect....

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well, to be fair I can agree that I'll be lucky if I never meet you, the ignorance you've shown on this thread has certainly put me off the idea but that doesn't change your original intention in those words, that I would 'regret' encountering you. Later on you question my age by saying I would have trouble getting into a bar. So... you think it's acceptable to go around threatening and enacting violence against children?

You appear to be mentally ill---seek help

I will if you will?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hello:O back on the NSC fellas---apologies but some of us fecking old blokes have to still work for a living:eek:

If any of you 'Right On Dullards' think I'm going to change my mind--------------------then think again.

I assume I am twenty five years older than every person that gave me a thumbs down or called me a pleb:cry:

I grew up with the IRA trying to kill me and then every other toss pot trying to kill me/her indoors and my four kids since.

A week before the London bus/underground bombings I was taking my youngest son to Stanmore in north London---we used the underground and the buses that were all blown up later.

To the 'Large One'-----well done to you pointing out my dire post about giving these misguided people who are trying to do away with you and me the benefit of the dought ----I believe I have seen you in Dicks with your man bag-----apologies if not you.

In my view you aren't married and have no kids so do not lecture me on what I post on NSC :p

Aw diddums.

Cheshire Cat is right to be concerned about your state of mind.

You were responding to posts that haven't been made. You can create these scenarios if you want, but the rest of us will stick to the reality of the story, unless of course this whole thread was really all about your anxieties, and putting your mind at rest.

As for the rest of the stuff about me - totally irrelevant, and for the most part, wrong. Your problem, not mine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here