Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15th July 2014 remember this day.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Right and you believe that an eye for an eye will help do you? Arrest them, prosecute them, convict them and punish them within the laws of this country, to show that we are not afraid of their kind and we will not lower ourselves to their beliefs.

The police shot an alleged suicide bomber at a tube station, did they not?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If you are 90 then yes you are 25 years older than at least one married father who gave you a thumbs down.

I too remember the IRA bombings and I also remember similar calls for instance justice being made at the time. Do the Guildford Four and the Birmingham Six ring any bells ???

None of that detracts one iota from my conviction that everyone having the same rights and protection under the law is something to be very proud of and not something that should be tampered with.

Creaky we will have to agree to disagree but I admire your well thought out answers-----I would gladly buy you a beer :drink:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Creaky we will have to agree to disagree but I admire your well thought out answers-----I would gladly buy you a beer :drink:

:lolol: is this,as in old like? need some wd40,or just a plain old spelling mistake :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The fact that he has been given the right to appeal, as our law allows, is not a sign of being soft on such acts. It is a sign of a mature society that he could never aspire to. The fact that he is unlikely ever to be released shows that a mature society does not mean that such acts go without due punishment.

As regards the death penalty, it appears that in his warped understanding of eternal honour he wanted it and has been denied.

So his punishment is made worse. So be it.

Brighton Lines, Husty & Thunderbolt :thumbsup:

Any more wanting justice to be seen to be done rather than vengeance?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The point of this thread is that the particular ******* in question should be made an example of, everyone knows he done it so the judge should just have the balls to tell him to shut the **** up and start rotting

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The police shot an alleged suicide bomber at a tube station, did they not?

And didn't he turn out to be a Brazilian, innocent, and a complete case of mistaken identity?

Not the same, but hardly a compelling argument for allowing police the right to shoot to kill as a first resort.

These guys are disgusting murderers and deserve the full force of the law. But as Hasty says, start acting like them and you lose the moral high ground. Nobody is giving them 'the benefit of the doubt', but our system of law allows the right to appeal. That hardly equates to wanting them released, now does it?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
And your point is?

The police shot someone that had not committed a crime, Wrong Direction said the police should have shot two men that committed a horrific crime, and I agreed with him, you commented so here is my point.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Hilarious, is all of this pseudo-love an attempt to make up for threatening me with physical violence for stating my opinion earlier in the thread?

:lolol: I said we were unlikely to meet in this life bearing in mind there could be be thirty thousand people at the Amex this season.
I will still keep my fingers crossed tho:p

The physical violence thing is in your mind not mine:drama:

You should be more worried about your supporters calling you Hasty:cool:

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Well,an eye for an eye will make us all blind,i personally would like to have seen us sent a message,i will trust that the reasons for non tactical fire arms use was "lack of threat" in engaging,however if,god forbid justice is not served,i do hope the new London water cannons have been filled up..

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well,an eye for an eye will make us all blind,i personally would like to have seen us sent a message,i will trust that the reasons for non tactical fire arms use was "lack of threat" in engaging,however if,god forbid justice is not served,i do hope the new London water cannons have been filled up..

Oh don't bring "God" into this ffs!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The police shot someone that had not committed a crime, Wrong Direction said the police should have shot two men that committed a horrific crime, and I agreed with him, you commented so here is my point.

Yes, and this man turned out to be a brazillian tourist.

I cannot think of any better argument for why the police shouldn't be allowed to go around shooting people, can you?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Hang on, i for one did not mention vengeance, my posts on pages 2 and 4 merely mean't that in this case there should not be an appeal. I realise that in a lot of cases in fact the majority are worth an appeal. Due to the nature, the footage, the admittance and the severity of this particular crime, i think this one is not worthy and a waste of time, resources and money.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
If you are 90 then yes you are 25 years older than at least one married father who gave you a thumbs down.

I too remember the IRA bombings and I also remember similar calls for instance justice being made at the time. Do the Guildford Four and the Birmingham Six ring any bells ???

None of that detracts one iota from my conviction that everyone having the same rights and protection under the law is something to be very proud of and not something that should be tampered with.

How do you connect The Birmingham 6 and The Guildford Four to this case ? In those cases it was shocking Policing,this is cold blooded murder surely ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

I cannot think of any better argument for why the police shouldn't be allowed to go around shooting people, can you?

If he hacked your dad/brother up in the street, would you like to shoot him?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
And didn't he turn out to be a Brazilian, innocent, and a complete case of mistaken identity?

Not the same, but hardly a compelling argument for allowing police the right to shoot to kill as a first resort.

These guys are disgusting murderers and deserve the full force of the law. But as Hasty says, start acting like them and you lose the moral high ground. Nobody is giving them 'the benefit of the doubt', but our system of law allows the right to appeal. That hardly equates to wanting them released, now does it?

Yes he was innocent. ( the man on the tube)
But if the police had shot the two killers, let's say because they thought they were a threat to others that day, it wouldn't have bothered me one bit.
This is just my opinion I'm not actually saying that the law should be changed, the police do shoot dangerous criminals on the street sometimes.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
:lolol: I said we were unlikely to meet in this life bearing in mind there could be be thirty thousand people at the Amex this season.
I will still keep my fingers crossed tho:p

The physical violence thing is in your mind not mine:drama:

Well, to be fair I can agree that I'll be lucky if I never meet you, the ignorance you've shown on this thread has certainly put me off the idea but that doesn't change your original intention in those words, that I would 'regret' encountering you. Later on you question my age by saying I would have trouble getting into a bar. So... you think it's acceptable to go around threatening and enacting violence against children?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

If a criminal was holding a gun to your head in a public street.
Husty gets shot or the criminal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here