[Albion] £14.95 to watch Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have already paid for the whole season upfront, so not going to pay out more. If the club start refunding the games I’ve missed then may think about it, but otherwise it is a no from me

If we're not allowed to go to games, you will get your money back. The club have made that pretty clear.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
But on the flip side they may lose a shed load of subscribers if they do that....

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

That is why it is interesting. The clubs and broadcasters will want different things.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes I would pay, only to watch Albion games.
I haven’t got Sky Sports or BT because I don’t really watch sport on tv apart from MOTD. I have been paying Now TV to watch Albion games recently though, and also got a BT Sport monthly pass to watch the last 2 BHA games.
I really cannot be bothered to watch football in pubs at this present time, I usually spend far too much on drink anyway, I don’t drink much at home.

Apart from going to work there isn’t much happening in my life, so happy to pay to see my team on TV.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Sky subscriber and also paid £25 for the first two BHA games on BT, don't do streaming..........done gone bust!

Captain Vimes

Aug 22, 2008
Absolutely!

As an STH, (and Sky & BT Sport subscriber), I would pay the £15 to see the Albion matches that were not already being selected for live view. My Wife & I would be receiving a rebate from our Season Ticket of two seats for a home game. We would probably have paid to go to the away games too, which with the travel is more.

I know it's not like being there, but at least you get a chance to see the game live and keep warm.

The £10 for the Preston cup game worked OK (and we won!), although you only get the actual match, not the pre and post match waffle!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think they've got the pricing wrong. A lot of people (including me) will baulk at £14.99.

If it was £9.99 they would get a lot more sign-ups. Even then, it's quite expensive. OK if you live in a household with other Albion fans, but not for a single subscriber.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I must admit I don't entirely understand why, when they were able to show MORE games, they were owed money!

Not my thoughts, but wasn't it because Sky/BT's advertising revenue compared to a protracted normal season's run in, was much reduced in the very condensed Restart?

I suppose augmented by all those people (many on NSC were pleased with how swiftly they acted), who cancelled subscriptions.

The clubs to Sky rebate for 2019/20 will be £330m out of £1.488b.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Really don't understand why the PL and EFL haven't launched their own streaming services. Cut out the middleman and pocket the profit. No worries about selling they rights as they own the rights! Stream everything; sell match/day/week/month/year passes etc or stick a standard definition stream up for free with loads of adverts on the page. Something to suit all pockets, no pirate streams needed. Tech wise it is straight forward enough and from a business point of view it makes sense.

Think it’s coming soon, EFL already have one don’t they ?

They have been charging for games this season I believe ?

It’s another thing that was always going to end up costing the public

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I'm not down with this at all. I will listen to the radio to follow the games. I pay s%$t loads to Sky and BT already, I have paid my season ticket, IN FULL to watch all 19 home games and now they want £15 to watch on tv with pumped in crowd noise????!!!???!!!. They can F%^k off.

That said, away games, I'd have had to pay to get to in and get there so might consider paying to watch an away game.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
Not sure on the pricing, but I don't understand people complaining about the lost season ticket money. We've been told many times that we will be getting this back / credit / rolling over to next season. We won't be paying twice for the same game.

If all the PPV profits go back to the clubs, then there's really nothing in it for Sky/BT. Why people are getting angry now, and not back in August when they stopped the free-to-air games, is beyond me.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Absolutely!

As an STH, (and Sky & BT Sport subscriber), I would pay the £15 to see the Albion matches that were not already being selected for live view. My Wife & I would be receiving a rebate from our Season Ticket of two seats for a home game. We would probably have paid to go to the away games too, which with the travel is more.

I know it's not like being there, but at least you get a chance to see the game live and keep warm.

The £10 for the Preston cup game worked OK (and we won!), although you only get the actual match, not the pre and post match waffle!

A £15 cost weighed against the savings of not attending a game (ticket, travel, food, drink, programme) make it a yes from me too. I do wonder, however, how much old habits will change. I religiously attended matches home and away. I’m wondering has COVID broken those habits for good.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I'm f%$king sick of all of this. The one thing keeping me from going totally postal in this climate is a) grass roots kids football that I coach and b) being able to watch Brighton play football on the TV. Now they want more ££££. You know what, F£$k sky, F$&K BT Sport and F*^K the Premier League. I will always keep up with the kids football but I feel like sacking the whole elite football circus off.

Sick and tired of this crap. Wake me up when all this is over please.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Not sure on the pricing, but I don't understand people complaining about the lost season ticket money. We've been told many times that we will be getting this back / credit / rolling over to next season. We won't be paying twice for the same game.

If all the PPV profits go back to the clubs, then there's really nothing in it for Sky/BT. Why people are getting angry now, and not back in August when they stopped the free-to-air games, is beyond me.

Profits all go into the pot and then shared between the clubs I believe.

Sky /BT not making any profit but will be paid for the costs of broadcasting the games and will obviously get additional revenues from advertising etc whilst showing the games.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes. I've wanted the albion games on Pay Per View for what seems like forever.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm f%$king sick of all of this. The one thing keeping me from going totally postal in this climate is a) grass roots kids football that I coach and b) being able to watch Brighton play football on the TV. Now they want more ££££. You know what, F£$k sky, F$&K BT Sport and F*^K the Premier League. I will always keep up with the kids football but I feel like sacking the whole elite football circus off.

Sick and tired of this crap. Wake me up when all this is over please.

What exactly is the problem? You can now see all BHA games which you couldn't before. The games selected for live broadcast, subscribers to Sky/Bt will see as per before. Those that are now PPV you get to to choose whereas before you only saw them if you actually went.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports