Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is 2k not too many for you anyway, you have 2k available for tomorrows pivotal game at Swansea and you have still not sold your allocation?

Good point, well made. Have they really not sold out for that?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I'd suggest perhaps you need to get out more. Having traveled all over following the Albion, and having lived in various places outside Sussex over many years, the vast majority of proper, real life football fans of other teams I've met/known speak very highly of Albion fans, are very knowledgeable of and/or interested in our history and fight for survival, and complimentary of where we are now.
The views of pubescent teenagers on social media doesn't bother me at all, and if they bother you it's you who needs to get out more and chat to some intelligent fans of other clubs.

Again, I wasn't just talking about Twitter, but opinions of the general football public. I didn't say it was just teenagers, it happens to be a lot of adults also. Are people not real on Twitter? Are people only real on NSC?

You may have met a lot of fans who think we are good, and I have met a load that don't. If people want to be oblivious to it, then that's fine. It's not something that really bothers me, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be embarrassed by many empty seats against our so called rivals though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Number 2 all day long

And if you live locally, I'm sure its a really easy decision to make. Unfortunately that's not the case for all of us.

In 2017 the Albion have played EIGHT weekday evening matches. Every one involves a 150 mile round trip, an afternoon off work, and a midnight finish. I managed to make every one of those, as it goes, but it really isn't always easy.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Again, I wasn't just talking about Twitter, but opinions of the general football public. I didn't say it was just teenagers, it happens to be a lot of adults also. Are people not real on Twitter? Are people only real on NSC?

You may have met a lot of fans who think we are good, and I have met a load that don't. If people want to be oblivious to it, then that's fine. It's not something that really bothers me, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be embarrassed by many empty seats against our so called rivals though.

Well to be honest anyone who thinks our support is shit can do one anyway. We've had very good average attendances for years now, the atmosphere at the Amex could be better but is no where near as bad as some make out compared to many others, our away support is very noisy most of the time and we travel well despite some long distances, and we'll have probably around 25k for a 3rd round cup game on telly on Monday night with appalling transport. :shrug: as someone else said, villa couldn't even sell out v Birmingham and they're traditionally a much bigger club than we are

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And if you live locally, I'm sure its a really easy decision to make. Unfortunately that's not the case for all of us.

In 2017 the Albion have played EIGHT weekday evening matches. Every one involves a 150 mile round trip, an afternoon off work, and a midnight finish. I managed to make every one of those, as it goes, but it really isn't always easy.

Haven't you got it by now ?

If you don't want to go to this game, then you are not a REAL fan. I thought that had been made perfectly clear by the likes of @Wrong Direction on this thread. All you're doing is making excuses. Man up.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Well to be honest anyone who thinks our support is shit can do one anyway. We've had very good average attendances for years now, the atmosphere at the Amex could be better but is no where near as bad as some make out compared to many others, our away support is very noisy most of the time and we travel well despite some long distances, and we'll have probably around 25k for a 3rd round cup game on telly on Monday night with appalling transport. :shrug: as someone else said, villa couldn't even sell out v Birmingham and they're traditionally a much bigger club than we are

Villa couldn’t sell out Birmingham? ���� where did someone get that shite from?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

180 miles in my case, and I haven't missed any either.

I must be effing bonkers :lolol:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
im quite frankly astonished at.some of the replies on here , some of these people not going are the first to jump on the bandwagon of labelling supporters of other clubs plastic or.other clubs as.tinpot , nah, not.selling out your ground for an FA cup tie against youf biggest rivals is tinpot , my son was.overjoyed when the draw was announced , literally bouncing , THAT is the reaction of.a.true brighton fan

Sounds like my reaction... Dad? :laugh:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Twitter, FaceBook, YouTube, whatever and other social media crap and football fans in general. If you don't know what other fans think about Brighton fans then you need to get out more. Having less then 20,000 will only reinforce what they think, but obviously you and others don't care about that. Would you care if the ground was half empty when you watch on TV? What would you think if you saw that Birmingham didn't fill their ground against Villa?

Anyway, for those that care about the Palace rivalry will be there if they can be. But if your not and your excuse is "I can't be bothered" then you don't get to pretend to yourself and others that you think the Brighton-Palace thing is massive.

So what did you think when St Andrew’s was 5000 below capacity when Brum played Villa in October?

I’m going to the palace game btw...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If it were Friday, Saturday or Sunday, I'd be there, with both my lads. Monday night is just shit. I COULD go, but on balance, unlikely.

My choice for the 08.01.18 is...

1. Go to work as normal. Play my regular 5-a-side after work. Quick pint with my team, then home for most of the Albion game on the TV.

2. Take a precious half-day holiday from work. Miss my football. Spend £20 on fuel and £50 on tickets to rush down to Brighton, to watch two fringe sides scrap it out. Get home about midnight, much to annoyance of better half, as lad will need to be up at 6am for college.

Still might make the entirely illogical call, but looking doubtful.

You know you want to.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Just bought mine. Wasn't an automatic decision.
Can't stand this fixture because of the nasty atmosphere, and those Pikeys just get on my fecking nerves
But you always wanna be there when we win
And I confess I am interested to see how this VAR works for punters in the stadium.
Will it be like at the cricket, with replays and 4th official commentary? Unlikely, but interested to see.
Of course I do realise that this will now not have any decisions to refer, but still............

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Very. First Albion game October 1968.Was at game v Palace that started the rivalry first game of 1974 season when half of London came down. So don't be silly.

half of london ? you mean surrey really dont you ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here