Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ok, how about ‘at the weekend’ rather than just Saturdays. Ironically I would really like to go to this match but like many other season ticket holders who live and work far from Sussex, it’s just not practical. Rather tarnishes the old FA Cup magic.
@Moshe Gariani suggests above that the club should emulate Manchester Utd and force me to pay for a ticket I can’t possibly use. It’s nice to see some of our fans have fully bought into the corporate world of premier league profits. Without doubt our fanbase is premier league ready with attitudes like that.

I think some #bhafc fans are soooo fixated on attendance figures, they're losing touch with reality. For them a non-sell-out game is a matter of severe personal embarrassment. They care too much?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
To be more accurate, True fans will WANT to be there! End of! - there are some who can't afford it or can't get there (such as my daughter who has school that day in Cornwall) or who have important things that clash with the game, or who are genuinely scared of the Palace fans - but who really WANT to be there and wish they could be there.

Those who don't want to go, I just can't get my head round it.

Well summed up.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think some #bhafc fans are soooo fixated on attendance figures, they're losing touch with reality. For them a non-sell-out game is a matter of severe personal embarrassment. They care too much?

They certainly care too much about a frankly irrelevant number. It’s all a bit train spotter like. Football for me is all about the game, the day out and the beer. Not necessarily in that order. I couldnt care less about how many people are watching. There, I’ve said it out loud and fully expect the wrath of the count the crowd crew.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Lots of willy waving on this thread who's a real fan etc If you don't go doesn't make you any less a fan , some have more important priorities ffs

It seems that some on here seriously believe that if the Albion aren't the be all and end all in your life then you can't possibly be a true fan.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Modern football is so shit. A half empty stadium in an FA Cup game in the top flight against our biggest rivals. 30,000 watching us play Burnley in the league.

How has this happened? I don't understand it.
This , a thousand times.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Just to mention those people with no purchase history at the Amex can now buy tickets that are on general sale for the Bournemouth game thus then obtaining Amex purchase history to be able to buy a palace ticket .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Particularly annoying when (as always) you consult the fixture list before booking a short haul short break. Honestly, you do your level best. You check there's no league fixtures that Monday-Friday, you know it's 3rd Round cup weekend the weekend immediately before you go. And STILL they manage up up-f*ck it for you. You and thousands of others, and all on account of our poxy train service which as it turns out is on strike on the Monday anyway. Sake!

Oh well. Bolleaux to it all. Not even interested anymore :wave:

Last edited:

Just to mention those people with no purchase history at the Amex can now buy tickets that are on general sale for the Bournemouth game thus then obtaining Amex purchase history to be able to buy a palace ticket .

B'muff tickets so near to Christmas plus the weather and transport problems and what with the cherry bomb boys and never bought in to the south Coast rivalry thing. Nah not for me.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Particularly annoying when (as always) you consult the fixture list before booking a short haul short break. Honestly, you do your level best. You check there's no league fixtures that Monday-Friday, you know it's 3rd Round cup weekend the weekend immediately before you go. And STILL they manage up up-f*ck it for you. You and thousands of others, and all on account of our poxy train service which as it turns out is on strike on the Monday anyway. Sake!

You realise that doesn't make you a real fan.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Well I’ll be in Venice. I entrusted my wife with dates and she didn’t see a league game and went for it. So I’ll be looking for a bar to watch it in but that might be tricky. Would definetly rather be there than at the Amex so put me in the ‘Would have gone but 5 days on photography, drinking and eating in Italy so not quite as bothered as I normally would be’ ........ category

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Layher-Lightweight-Logo-e1420666213541.jpg

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Just saying what a great night it looked down there - it wouldn't have been half as good with the stadium half full.
I am clutching at straws and it seems like I am in the minority but I just can't get my head around anyone deciding not to go to the palace game.

Yes, I do agree. Of course, there are good reasons why folk cannot go, namely distance to travel for a night match and I do accept that you could argue that as the club don't seem to take cup matches as seriously as they could, then why should the fans? But at the end of the day it is an excuse, however you look at it. If I can motor over from Hastings on my own, walk back 30 minutes to where I park, and then get back here at about 11.30, then surely others who live (much) closer can do the same.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes, I do agree. Of course, there are good reasons why folk cannot go, namely distance to travel for a night match and I do accept that you could argue that as the club don't seem to take cup matches as seriously as they could, then why should the fans? But at the end of the day it is an excuse, however you look at it. If I can motor over from Hastings on my own, walk back 30 minutes to where I park, and then get back here at about 11.30, then surely others who live (much) closer can do the same.
I know people coming from London and back, probably be on the same train as the hoolies! Didn't stop them getting tickets though..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm a plastic glory-hunter and can't wait for this match myself.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well I’ll be in Venice. I entrusted my wife with dates and she didn’t see a league game and went for it. So I’ll be looking for a bar to watch it in but that might be tricky. Would definetly rather be there than at the Amex so put me in the ‘Would have gone but 5 days on photography, drinking and eating in Italy so not quite as bothered as I normally would be’ ........ category

Ditto me in Salzburg. Initially pissed off, now couldn't give a shit. It'll end up a draw anyways, same as most matches at the Amex nowadays and we'll have to go through this whole pantomime rigmarole all over again at their place.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Touché, it would be interesting to see how many people on here moaning about the probable low attendance are within p**sing distance and those who aren't. :xmas:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here