Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £115m

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I’d say we’re likely to be about 13th this year… given our attacking talents, we’re in for goals… given our lack of defensive solidity in midfield, that’ll be at both ends… even more so than last season…

A 3-3, 4-3, 5-2 kind of a season… it’ll be fun, but I suspect fruitless and that’ll see Mitoma and Pervis, even Fergie leave… ah; the rise and fall… not sure we can keep rebuilding, it’s like the old dam on a beach game… even with your dad helping out, the tide always wins… always.
It's a remarkably weaker bottom half than last season. And we're still very good even without our two stars in midfield. We'll finish in the top half, maybe not top 7, but 10th or above comfortably.

We are better than Wolves, Sheffield United, Luton, Forest, Fulham, Everton, Palace, Burnley, Brentford and Bournemouth. That's 20th - 11th. West Ham dependent on their late incomings as well.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
MC agents are taking the piss now. We agree to let him go once fee agreed, we put a deadline of last night. Liverpool matched it, now *uck off.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It looks to me like there was a midnight cut off, Liverpool and Brighton and Hove Albion have agreed a deal, and all those ITK twatter people are now desperately trying to claim that they haven't got it completely wrong for the last 3 months and the 'Chelsea deal' is still alive, albeit flat out on it's back twitching :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have sold all our 3 world class players now, jewels left now pervis, evan and kaoru of selling ageand high bids circa £ 50 m, we have had a great season but will do well to be anywhere near midtable now, thing is how does Roberto feel ? That is my biggest worry. This guy is ambitous and wants to win leagues and trophies, don't blame Bloom or Barber as at the end of the day everyone has a selling price but for how long can we unearth the gems we have ? The squad to lose the heart of the midfield this summer, well lets see what happens
He helped sell them in his interviews at the end of last season though!! All that guff about deserving to play for a big team. Schoolboy error

Sep 9, 2010
Liverpool entering the race along with Chelsea upping their bid and the flurry of activity last night sounds as if behind the scenes TB has made it clear midnight was the cut off. Stands to reason timings wise due to Saturdays game. Speculation of course.

So I don't think he will accept any further bids from Chelsea for 2 reasons...
1. He won't want the saga dragging on and jeopardising the start of the season.
2. If he set the (alleged) cut off rule , then he will honour Liverpool's bid even if Chelsea up their bid now. He's a poker player and poker has a set of rules. He wouldn't set his own rules and then immediately renege on them otherwise he loses considerable credibility.

Maybe just wishful thinking but I also think we'll stay firm and tell MC it's Liverpool or you stay.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We have sold all our 3 world class players now, jewels left now pervis, evan and kaoru of selling ageand high bids circa £ 50 m, we have had a great season but will do well to be anywhere near midtable now, thing is how does Roberto feel ? That is my biggest worry. This guy is ambitous and wants to win leagues and trophies, don't blame Bloom or Barber as at the end of the day everyone has a selling price but for how long can we unearth the gems we have ? The squad to lose the heart of the midfield this summer, well lets see what happens

This time last season the most expensive of our 'world class jewels' wasn't a regular starter, the other one had only spent one season in the first team, hadn't won a world cup and wasn't a starter for his country, and I'm not sure who the third one is :wink:

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
A player cant be forced to go to a club he doesnt want to. However what this wil question is what kind of deal did chelsea make with his agent? They will say it was personal terms but surely liverpool could match that. However they may not want to provide kickbacks to the agent over and above the standard

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
This is f***ing glorious entertainment. Now we know he’s off we can just sit back and watch Liverpool & Chelsea squabble, while bathing Tony in cash…

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think Brighton have played Liverpool a bit here. Liverpool bit stupid not to talk to the players agents first, but they've been punished for doing the right thing

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We can't force a player to join a team he doesn't want to. Not our fault.
Stays our player then.

Chelsea had three months’ worth of chances.

I’m sure when he realises it’s Liverpool or us he’ll suddenly grow a brain.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We can. He is under contract at Brighton and therefore either leaves under our terms or he stays. If footballers want to do away with contracts and work on a pay as they play basis that’s fine as well. Until that time Tony holds all the aces.
Yes if Chelsea can't match our price we can keep. If Chelsea can match then we will be a bit silly not to accept. We know the price now !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here