[Albion] £115m

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes I'm beginning to wonder

Klopp seemed a bit down

Chelsea will offer crazy wages/contract length that Liverpool won't match

After committing to the 'midnight auction' do you see TB and PBOBE going back on the agreement, because I don't. I'd LOVE to know what Chelsea's bid was though :lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
After committing to the 'midnight auction' do you see TB and PBOBE going back on the agreement, because I don't. I'd LOVE to know what Chelsea's bid was though :lolol:
Yes but dont forget caicedo can say no to pool. Chelsea will then up their bid accordingly.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes but dont forget caicedo can say no to pool. Chelsea will then up their bid accordingly.

He would be very badly advised to do that. Alongside AliMac at Liverpool is about as good as he could have hoped for, career wise.

And there was a reason for the midnight cut off. Completely different rules now :wink:

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
A lot of criticism of the player here, based on things that have been written on the internet. The club has not indicated that he has acted unprofessionally in any way and, until it does, it may be best to admit that nobody really knows what has happened.

There is an assumption, based on one line of a media report, that MC cleared out his locker, flicked everyone the Vs and strolled off humming 'Money, Money Money'. Yet it seems completely possible that he had been informed that the club were finalising things with bidders and that he would be leaving. The club plays its cards very close to its chest and would be as likely to announce this kind of thing publicly as TB would be to sit at a poker table telling everyone what's in his hand.

I'm sure that, in good time, Barber will reveal the course of events as he did with the Potter affair. Until then, those who feel the need to condemn the kid who, after the January fuss, played out of his skin to help us qualify for Europe for the first time and has now put us in the record books as receiving the largest transfer fee between two British clubs, might want to keep their powder dry.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How do you see it?
See post #87..but it reproduced below

The feeling I have this morning is a bit strange. I imagine it’s similar to how it feels when parents see their kids go off to university or leave home for a job… and mix of sadness and pride and excitement for their future.

I know he was a bit of a wally last January but once the winter window closed he was professional and got down to business. I wish him well and hope he achieves everything I feel he’s capable of.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
A lot of criticism of the player here, based on things that have been written on the internet. The club has not indicated that he has acted unprofessionally in any way and, until it does, it may be best to admit that nobody really knows what has happened.

There is an assumption, based on one line of a media report, that MC cleared out his locker, flicked everyone the Vs and strolled off humming 'Money, Money Money'. Yet it seems completely possible that he had been informed that the club were finalising things with bidders and that he would be leaving. The club plays its cards very close to its chest and would be as likely to announce this kind of thing publicly as TB would be to sit at a poker table telling everyone what's in his hand.

I'm sure that, in good time, Barber will reveal the course of events as he did with the Potter affair. Until then, those who feel the need to condemn the kid who, after the January fuss, played out of his skin to help us qualify for Europe for the first time and has now put us in the record books as receiving the largest transfer fee between two British clubs, might want to keep their powder dry.
Indeed. If anything the noises from the club this time round have all been positive about Moises behaviour. It's only the Twitter 'experts' (I'm not giving them the pleasure of naming them) who have been trying to make it sound like he's been causing trouble. Yet some of our own fans still want to believe these idiots instead of the messages out of the club?

I won't be booing either Caicedo of Mac when Liverpool come to town. They both played a big part in getting us to Europe, something I never imagined would happen

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
IMG_5279.jpeg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Obviously we can’t turn down that money but have a sense of sadness over whole situation.

Unfortunately money doesn’t get you points and wins (which is why we all go to games).

2 good seasons and we get ripped apart by the vultures.

I have faith in us replacing well but ultimately the replacements will be gone in a year if they dare to be good

Umm I think it is basically proven that money does get you points and wins. However generating that money from other sources than player sales would be a boon.

And also, look at it this way - no-one is beating the door down to take Dunk or March or Gross or Veltman or many others - which they would be if we were 20-30 places lower in the league. So the higher you get the higher the caliber of player you can hold on to.

Or look at it this way, we said NO all the way up to £100m for Caicedo. It took something extreme to part with him. Is that getting ripped apart by vultures? Or leaving a nice steak out for the lions? Aside from driving a similarly hard bargain for Cucurella, all the others we got 2-3 seasons from and let them go when their time was up and contract running down.

But yeah, feel a bit sad too

Was pondering our best ever line-up - maybe this one from 21-22 season - Brighton 4-0 Man Utd:

Sanchez - Veltman, Dunk, Cucurella - March, Bissouma, Caicedo, Gross, MacAllister - Trossard, Welbeck

Or this one from early in 22-23 season - Brighton 4-1 Chelsea

Sanchez - Gross, Webster, Dunk, Estupinan - March, Caicedo, MacAllister, Lallana, Mitoma - Trossard

Or this one from late in 22-23 season - Arsenal 0 -3 Brighton

Steele - Dunk, Colwill, Estupinan - Gross, Caicedo, Gilmour, MacAllister, Mitoma - Enciso, Ferguson

Six of the first line-up have gone, four of the second, three of the last - I suppose we might have seen peak-Brighton, but I am also excited to see what Joao Pedro, Dahoud, Igor and Bart can do. And I'm excited to see what Gilmour, Enciso and Ferguson develop into. Its not exactly a bad thing to be a Brighton fan in 2023. (although I don't think we'll be turning Liverpool over this year)

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I can't get my head round this.

We, Brighton, have just sold the most expensive player in British football, and the sixth most expensive player in the world. That us - Brighton.

No - I still can't quite believe it.
Me neither. 25 years ago, we paid £1,000 and a set of tracksuits to Stansted for Gary Hart 😳

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Spot on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just a complete guess, but naybe Liverpool had to go to £111M to beat Chelsea's £110M. Worry is, where do things go from there if Liverpool are offering personal terms of £150K a week and Chelsea have promised his agent to pay the lad £250K a week (with, probably Chelsea style, a few £million back-hander to the agent)?
Holding my breath until he's officially announced as a Liverpool player......

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

This deal need to be done by 12 so that he can play against Chelsea at the weekend. Comedy gold if he does!

If this does happen and he choses Chelsea then he is a monumental twit. Trading a place at a stable club, that considers coming 5th as a clusterfuck and has him teamed up with Ali Mac for a place at Chelsea, which at the moment is reminiscent of a cat on fire, would be madness, admittedly I probably made worse mistakes when I was 21 ;)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports