Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £115m

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Amazing money but hard to be happy . Needs replacing or bottom half . He was that good
Top of the bottom half wouldn’t be much of a surprise anyway if we can mount a good challenge in Europe. Would that be so bad?

I agree it’s hard to be happy. But then look at the big picture - we’ve got some great talent and the nous to find more. Pretty much the envy of every fan in the country right now for what the club is achieving on and off the pitch. I’m just going to enjoy the ride.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Glad the saga is over and we can move on but ultimately it’s just another case of “big club with bigger resources raids smaller club with smaller resources for best players”.

Great that we’re getting such a big fee but ultimately we go to the Amex to watch footballers do their thing, not to admire piles of cash.

That said, I do realise this is probably the best outcome we could have realistically achieved (unless Bayern had bid a similar fee).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope the similarities between Saints when they were good and us now end here….

I’ll take short term solace in watching the Chelsea fans reaction to this. Can this be got over the line to allow Moises a few minutes against Chelsea?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
More so than losing Caicedo, I worry that Roberto will lose faith in the club’s approach. But, bloody hell, he’s a smart bloke and this really must underline that his boss is a genius on the business side of football. It’s not to satisfy shareholders or line Bloom’s pockets AND he’s loyal to his bosses. We’ll never be Man City but there can’t be many better jobs.
Re our approach, what more can Bloom/the club do? We are always going to be in the shadows of the top clubs - all we can do when they come knocking for our players is hold off exactly as we have done until a club pays through the roof. Like WH with Rice, and WH are a much bigger club than we are!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Glad the saga is over and we can move on but ultimately it’s just another case of “big club with bigger resources raids smaller club with smaller resources for best players”.

Great that we’re getting such a big fee but ultimately we go to the Amex to watch footballers do their thing, not to admire piles of cash.

That said, I do realise this is probably the best outcome we could have realistically achieved (unless Bayern had bid a similar fee).
Think you might have forgotten TB's aim - to make the club sustainable. I'm all for selling our best prospects for silly money if it doesn't return us to the war years.

And to put this deal into perspective, this sale covers the initial build costs of the Amex - ONE player sale !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here