GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Let's also give some praise to Gus Poyet too......

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I agree, as a few of his signings have been sold on for profit.

Some would say well he had a budget/funds,but some like Liam came for free..

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Quite. Southampton's players sell for "top whack" because they are international class (Bale, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Shaw, Lallana). Ours are merely decent players (yes, I realise Bridcutt is an international, but, come on: Scotland!). There's a world of difference.

And they are all British, that bumps up the value to Champions League clubs too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As said before why does Gus get the praise and Burke get the criticism?

Shouldn't the praise go to the clubs management/executive structure, inclusively?

Well......well you have a point,but i still feel a player will ultimately listen to a manager/coach,when the final decision is made,call Burke a secretary of sorts..

Player-do i like this club,yes,can i get conditions,yes,the clubs reps have sold it to me-

Player-now do i like this manager & what can he do for me? Gus Poyet really wants me-

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As said before why does Gus get the praise and Burke get the criticism?

Shouldn't the praise go to the clubs management/executive structure, inclusively?

Some of the purchases were before Burke arrived such as Barnes, Noone and Bridcutt. Gus also made sure that he met players personally (as witnessed by CMS) even flying out to Spain several times to talk to Ulloa.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well......well you have a point,but i still feel a player will ultimately listen to a manager/coach,when the final decision is made
That would simply mean you give the manager all the praise and all the criticism, so SB's point stands.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That would simply mean you give the manager all the praise and all the criticism, so SB's point stands.

I would has as a guess i think like a chairman..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we can safely say screwing Almeria for as little as possibly £300K, and Leicester for anywhere up to £10m is squarely down to the chairman.

For that deal alone the rest of football will be running scared from Tony.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I would welcome Leo back in the future if it doesn't work out well at Leicester. Who could forget that dramatic winner at Forest and the celebrations from everyone and other great goals as well.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think we can safely say screwing Almeria for as little as possibly £300K, and Leicester for anywhere up to £10m is squarely down to the chairman.

For that deal alone the rest of football will be running scared from Tony.
Where has that come from?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here