Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£10m for Ulloa!!!! **Official that Leo has gone**

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not bad for a club with no ambition! Leo only went when the offer was too good to refuse, and that deal quite frankly was.

A terrific bit of business, that not only nets us a good deal of cash but also establishes Tony Bloom's credentials in negotiations.

I sincerely hope this will enable us to complete the squad reboot now. Also i have every confidence in Leo to fulfil his part of the bargain and get us the extra £2million, I'll be cheering every goal!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Tony wanted £10M , that's what we've got (eventually)

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Unbelievable business, however it just has to be reinvested into the team.

Oh and for the record I wish Leo well but I have my doubts about him at that level, with that fee over his head he won't have much time up there to prove himself. He'll either play a big part in keeping them up or will drop back with them after 1 season costing Pearson his job. I think it might be the later. Leicester seem to be still mainly buying top end Championship players, I'm not sure that is going to keep them up.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Fantastic business by the club. Well done TB.

Thankyou, Leo, for some very good memories.

I hope he does very well for his new club, not just because it'll mean more dosh for us, but because he's a smashing guy. Good luck to the big man.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Fantastic price...... now all I want to see is the money put back into the team. I don't necessarily expect big ales as wages and agents fees bite into the costs too but Id expect us to put a pretty good Championship squad together now.

8m out and two good players in for a combined total of 500k - good business!.... so far.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Don't expect a marquee signing. £8m will prob give us a £4m profit after fees, etc, which won't buy much these days. Would prefer it is invested in a couple of good youngsters with potential rather than an ex PL has been.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Absolutely mugged them!

Colloquially termed as a "Zaha" over here although it has 2 meanings (1 - to cheat by feigning injury or dive preferably in the box to gain a penalty or 2 - to sell at an over the odds price to a pretentious buyer.)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Wow. A truly wonderful piece of business by Tony Bloom and the club. The £8M upfront is particularly impressive. Let's hope that a large proportion of the money is now invested in new players and that we can start the new season off with confidence that we're going to do well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here