Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10-game ban and 50-loyalty point deduction

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I see this a lot PB is TB’s puppet. Yet pre PB we all survived reasonably well without incident.
Except TB sacked Ken Brown because he wasn’t very good and appointed Paul Barber instead

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Except TB sacked Ken Brown because he wasn’t very good and appointed Paul Barber instead
He also employed Ken Brown, who'd been horrendous at Milwall. We all make mistakes I guess, although that was a strange one for sure.

PB definately an improvement on that and clearly trusted 100% by TB.

Doesn't mean he's right when it comes to this and other interventions though.

I also remain confused how clubs such as Palace have greater revenue than us too. Perhaps we'd be better off with their CEO? Can't all be down to betting sponsorship surely?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I also remain confused how clubs such as Palace have greater revenue than us too. Perhaps we'd be better off with their CEO? Can't all be down to betting sponsorship surely?
our deal with Amex is well below the average, but it’s a long term deal and possibly the club appreciate the overall relationship rather than chasing random companies for short term higher value deals

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
ri

?? Albion had both higher commercial income, and broadcast revenue than Palace in 21/22 (although it was an odd Covid year). So not sure what you mean - Parish needs some more luck than he’s getting with that stadium expansion to keep up. (Ta to our resident Dullard for tables)
90A58DC4-6B0F-4BE8-B235-94DB14859068.jpeg
4C71C780-6493-4CCE-9B0C-1294E4C30170.jpeg

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
our deal with Amex is well below the average, but it’s a long term deal and possibly the club appreciate the overall relationship rather than chasing random companies for short term higher value deals
£35m difference though? According to https://www.statista.com/statistics/566666/premier-league-clubs-by-revenue/ for 2019/20. Though that has Norwich and Burnley above us too, which is very odd.

Maybe it's about what is declared. Seems very strange to me and surey more that just the Amex difference, which I thought looked decent compared to similar sized clubs

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
£35m difference though? According to https://www.statista.com/statistics/566666/premier-league-clubs-by-revenue/ for 2019/20. Though that has Norwich and Burnley above us too, which is very odd.

Maybe it's about what is declared. Seems very strange to me and surey more that just the Amex difference, which I thought looked decent compared to similar sized clubs
Does that chart include player sales? If so then it might be distorted by the sale of Bissaka!!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He also employed Ken Brown, who'd been horrendous at Milwall. We all make mistakes I guess, although that was a strange one for sure.

PB definately an improvement on that and clearly trusted 100% by TB.

I have no idea whether or not your claims about revenue and the qualities of the Palace CEO are true. Perhaps this deserves its own thread so we can have that debate with a wider audience of knowledgeable posters ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Does that figure include transfer income? 19-20 was the season that they sold Wan Bissaka to Man U, wasn’t it?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
ri
?? Albion had both higher commercial income, and broadcast revenue than Palace in 21/22 (although it was an odd Covid year). So not sure what you mean - Parish needs some more luck than he’s getting with that stadium expansion to keep up. (Ta to our resident Dullard for tables)
View attachment 154582View attachment 154583
Those are figures from 20-21, which was the almost complete closed-door Covid season. Neither club has released 21-22 books yet, but we’ll almost certainly out earn Palace due to higher league position and definitely when transfer income included.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have no idea why Ken Brown got the chop that’s why I asked .
Apologies, I misunderstood your comment as I thought it was directed at PB following your previous comments about him driving fans away. So, with regard to PB, what policies in your opinion are driving fans away?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I have no idea whether or not your claims about revenue and the qualities of the Palace CEO are true. Perhaps this deserves its own thread so we can have that debate with a wider audience of knowledgeable posters
The figures I've seen and quoted today look too far apart, but all info points towards us having lesser revenue to Palace and I find that very hard to believe, even allowing for their horrible sponsorship

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The figures I've seen and quoted today look too far apart, but all info points towards us having lesser revenue to Palace and I find that very hard to believe, even allowing for their horrible sponsorship
Well the published accounts for the two clubs prove that it’s hard to believe because er, it is. So can we stop the wind up of suggesting Parish - who is a brilliant administrator - has got one over on Barber. Whatever you think of the bloke. Palace could do with some stadium sponsorship, some blue chip shirt sponsorship and more capacity for boxes and season tickets - all prevented by their ground expansion plans being kiboshed. They’ve a decent player pipeline of sales tbf but then Albion have completely overtaken them in last two years and look likely to continue to do so until next summer and beyond given Trossard, Caicedo, AliMac and Sanchez etc.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have no idea why Ken Brown got the chop that’s why I asked .
I had a few meetings with him at the start of the AMEX era. My view, is he was probably okay at Withdean but out of his depth at the AMEX.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here