Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10-game ban and 50-loyalty point deduction

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don’t think Barber likes football fans, definitely not the working class type on which the game was built upon. He wants a middle class army of heavily spending muppets who do as their told.
That’s fine but don’t come begging if the club happens to get relegated and the PL plastics slowly disappear.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don’t think Barber likes football fans, definitely not the working class type on which the game was built upon. He wants a middle class army of heavily spending muppets who do as their told.
That’s fine but don’t come begging if the club happens to get relegated and the PL plastics slowly disappear.
There you go again, Barber Barber Barber. Why not Bloom Bloom Bloom.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's quite odd, isn't it? And a bit of a masterstroke by Bloom really. Immune from criticism while the guy employed to do his bidding takes all the flak.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Because I’ve seen TB on trains coming back from away games having a few beers and a sing song along with everyone else.
I think the narrative every decision is signed off.by Bloom is a fantasy. I say that as a family member works for a high profile person in football. His boss the CEO says he’s lucky if he gets a couple of hours a year of direct communication with the owner.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Because I’ve seen TB on trains coming back from away games having a few beers and a sing song along with everyone else.
I think the narrative every decision is signed off.by Bloom is a fantasy. I say that as a family member works for a high profile person in football. His boss the CEO says he’s lucky if he gets a couple of hours a year of direct communication with the owner.
I've only read the last page or so, but are you really trying to suggest that TB and PB only have 2 hrs of direct communication PER YEAR :lolol:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes but Bloom is Chairman as well as the owner and I’m sure our CEO will have some 1-1 time with TB before every Board meeting, face to face if possible, plus before and after matches.
Your supporting evidence is weak!😉

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Sounds like you don’t like a lot of football fans as well.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In his Albion Roar interview he says he talks with TB all the time, at least a couple of times “a day”.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Pretty sure I've seen a Barber interview where he says he speaks to Bloom pretty much daily. If Bloom wasn't happy with what Barber was doing then Barbs would be out of a job.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Through someone else I know a member of staff at the club, not in a really senior position, but involved in the football side, and once a month TB speaks to or meets them personally to find out what their doing, their approach etc. And he does that across the board. I think TB is far from a hands off owner from what I have heard. Very much involved from top to bottom.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No it was an example 🙄 although I doubt it’s as much as some think, wasn’t he made co chairman so he could attend the PL meetings.
Its 2 or 3 times a day according to Barber - its not speculation or what fans "imagine" - in an interview from last month - and i know they often car share over to Lancing . They talk all the time. So i'm not sure the point you're now making. Is he a hands off chairman or not ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, because we've had owners and chairman that really had the working class at the centre of everything they did for the club. Not these days with their financial prudence, fair distribution of tickets, sold out stadium and successful football. Oh no. Booo. and hisssssss.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Nearly every home game this season has sold out so perplexed at what you say. Club say they lose money on sharing scheme - regardless of that - then easier ways to raise ££ - put up ticket prices for starters which have been flat for three seasons for most.

anyway this thread is about fair sanctions for breaking the rules. Most on here tend to agree that the rules make sense given the loyalty scheme to ration demand and relation to behaviour but it’s the implementation ( time consuming, presumption of guilt), and the sanctions (fairness, punishment greater than the crime) that have angered fans. Rather than your persistent objection / it’s all about getting more ££ out of us.
The club must lose out on revenue at Bars etc, as while the seats are sold they aren't filled.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I think bloom is very hands on to be honest, but I do agree with your point slightly, we do seem to be quite accessible for middle class fans and families rather than a lot of working class supporters. I don't think this is a Brighton problem though, its a football issue. There does in my opinion a little bit think that sometimes a lot of middle class people who have moved down to Brighton have got season tickets to keep their kids entertained. I don't think this is wholly bad, but I think the cost of football in general is pricing a lot of lower income families out of football. I'm lucky my parents always took me, being a 15 minute walk from where the Goldstone was, but I do wonder if some of the families in some of Brighton's more poorer areas do get a chance to take their families, but anyway this is divulging from the point anyway. I'm seeing Paul Barber (and De Zerbi) in conversation at my least favourite Hove middle class establishment Rockwater on Wednesday so maybe I can ask him about the ticket collection policy myself :lolol:.

''Mr. De Zerbi what is your opinion on a 3-5-2 high press'' followed by ''Paul why have I been asked to pick up my ticket 3 times'' I'm sure thats exactly what Roberto thought he was getting into when he signed. I'll save ''Have you ever considered Stevie Wonder may not actually be blind?'' for Bloom.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Points for A+ members aren’t really a factor in all of this though are they ? Can you get into T1 or 2 without the LPs that go to STHs ?
You can't be in tier 1 or 2 without a season ticket anyway, no matter how many points you have.
Members' sale comes after all season ticket holders, I sometimes think the home and away loyalty points should be separated, but am honest enough to admit that's mainly because it could benefit me at some point.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Pretty sure I've seen a Barber interview where he says he speaks to Bloom pretty much daily. If Bloom wasn't happy with what Barber was doing then Barbs would be out of a job.
Exactly this and even if Bloom wanted to be more hands off and leave a lot of the day to day running to Barber he would certainly step in a veto anything that he didn't like or want to happen. If the club has brought in a new policy then Bloom supports it even if he hasn't signed off on every minute detail.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You can't help yourself. I've seen TB on the trains at away games as well. What's the betting at most matches in the boardroom or the directors box he sits with PB? Also, you're twisting words again. No one has ever said every decision is signed off by TB, just important ones. You're digging yourself a big hole pretty much every time you post. We get it, you don't like PB. You don't seem to be able to post any real reasons but hey, it's your opinion.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If TB is as close to the fans and as far away from PB as you seem to think, how do these decisions get implemented? Surely TB is being bombarded with comments from upset fans - can’t imagine he is saving up all his feedback for his twice a year discussion with PB and letting him do anything he wants in the meantime……

PB is on record multiple times saying how often they speak. It’s inconceivable TB isn’t involved in most of these decisions, especially as he is fan first and owner second (unlike most PL owners).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here