Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1.6 Million

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I thought I read a while back that the catering contractors will be taking the profit on food / drink purchases with 10% of profits going to the club, could be wrong, anyone know how it works ? (obviously they would pay for their contracts)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought I read a while back that the catering contractors will be taking the profit on food / drink purchases with 10% of profits going to the club, could be wrong, anyone know how it works ? (obviously they would pay for their contracts)

You could well be right. I hope not though. 10% of the profits seems extremely low.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
You could well be right. I hope not though. 10% of the profits seems extremely low.

As Blackadder say's. No way would they only take only 10% profit om catering.

Also shirt sales will go down, most people would have 1 Home, and possibly 1 Away shirt per season. And if they don't make 6x large I wont get the f***er on.

5x is about xxl.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill

I believe the catering co's submitted bids (based on the amount of turnover they could produce) and that Azure won the bid because they have invested in a marketing team promoting weddings / other corporate events in addition to matchday hospitality. If they are generating this extra income and have bid the highest amount of money for the contract, is it necessarily so that they hand over a large amount of their profits ?

I remember being surprised when I read how little of the profit from catering the club will receive, if you know the figure let us in on it !

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I believe the catering co's submitted bids (based on the amount of turnover they could produce) and that Azure won the bid because they have invested in a marketing team promoting weddings / other corporate events in addition to matchday hospitality. If they are generating this extra income and have bid the highest amount of money for the contract, is it necessarily so that they hand over a large amount of their profits ?

I remember being surprised when I read how little of the profit from catering the club will receive, if you know the figure let us in on it !

So do the club just get a fixed price for the catering contract? In which case, it doesn't matter how much we spend, the club won't make any extra?

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
So do the club just get a fixed price for the catering contract? In which case, it doesn't matter how much we spend, the club won't make any extra?

I can't confirm, perhaps ATC, but as I recall fixed price and % of profits (read article several months ago)

It may also be that as matchday hospitality turnover has exceeded all expectations there was clause to renegotiate, possibly fine detail in contract ?

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
It would be normal practise for a large up-front payment followed by a certain % of turnover.

Wouldn't like to guess the up-front payment but would be very surprised if the % was less than 20%. I suggest 33.3%.

TB

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Thats the point, I ate all the pies :eek: and they only made 10% profit.Perhaps, I will save some for you lot next time!!

nah, I will still eat all the pies. :)

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
It would be normal practise for a large up-front payment followed by a certain % of turnover.

Wouldn't like to guess the up-front payment but would be very surprised if the % was less than 20%. I suggest 33.3%.

TB

Why would they give club 20% of their turnover ?? That would be a great deal of their profit !

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Drank some of the Harvey's quota for Tuesday? Noooooooooooooooooo!

Oh and remember it was the main game on every channel and shown live AROUND THE WORLD! Know much of this is factored into the yearly shared revenue but do the actual clubs shown get a bonus like in the cups? Also yes shirts, mugs etc. plus more meals sold as brand new and I can see £80. Is £50 after ticket and some of that made up of advertising etc.

Also CMS be on like 10k basic maybe but that's max surely. Like other players though, goal difference or even match bonus, signing on fee split between 150 games over 3 years, win bonus perhaps, expenses......... maybe if we played 3 games a week, won them all, he played and scored hatrick in each, maybe that's how cp bellend came up with 22k figure?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As someone else who over the last three games has handed over a large part of their disposable income to Dick's and the refreshment kiosks I too would like to know the answer of how much of a rake-off the club get. The figure I heard when I asked around was 25%?

Anyway, it must be better than Withdean. At the first NSC sponsored match (2001?) when the stadium I believe was managed by Ecovert we, thanks largely to the prodigious efforts of the late, great, Cannarian Seagull (Lance) drank the bar dry. (And there was only one in those days!) We felt a warm glow that we'd managed to put a fair amount of income into the club's coffers - only to be told that the club made no profit from the bar and it all went to Ecovert!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here