Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(White) Welsh rugby player Liam Williams goes to fancy dress party as...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Also it should be noted that it's much easier for a white person to make themselves black and for it to look good then it is for a black person to make themselve White and for it to look good (by good I mean realistic). Which is prob why it come up more in examples like this. But don't let that stop a few getting those racism cards out - any excuse eh. And I hate racism from the bottom of my heart fwiw...

Eddie Murphy and his co star both " whited up" in the film coming to america. I can't remember anyone being offended..or perhaps some people on here can be offended for me please. In fact the co star chap not only made himself white, but also made himself an old New York jew

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I don't like the answer because it's not even vaguely similar. White Chicks vs. a form of "entertainment" steeped in centuries of racial prejudice. Hardly the same is it.

The Minstrels finished decades ago, neither i or the rugby player, or Bony were around centuries ago. Bony was fine with it, how come you are so put out by it.
Most football fans would realise that the fellow who had dressed up in the Swansea kit was meant to be Bony, because that was who it was meant to be.
Best they have a pop at all the Manure fans that don an afro wig to look like Fellani eh.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
So the film WHITE CHICKS should be banned from ever being shown on TV again
Two black male actors dressed as two White teenage girls, total abortion of a film don't think anyone thought anything wrong with that

Corrected for you

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why don't you try reading the whole thread?

Perhaps someone should actually ask Bony his views? It's easy for a few 'look at me' liberal pc types to declare it's not up to Bony what he thinks but in reality, it is.

Edit: Would it be acceptable if they both went to the same party, Williams blacked up like Bony and Bony whited up like Williams?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Some of the ignorance displayed on threads like this make me want to leave NSC... but while I'm here - yes... Eddie Murphy has an outstanding track record for not offending minority groups. Let's aspire to his standards shall we?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The Minstrels finished decades ago, neither i or the rugby player, or Bony were around centuries ago. Bony was fine with it, how come you are so put out by it.
Most football fans would realise that the fellow who had dressed up in the Swansea kit was meant to be Bony, because that was who it was meant to be.
Best they have a pop at all the Manure fans that don an afro wig to look like Fellani eh.

I'm only put out by people's total lack of understanding as to why it can be see as inappropriate as I am every time this conversation comes around.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Some of the ignorance displayed on threads like this make me want to leave NSC... but while I'm here - yes... Eddie Murphy has an outstanding track record for not offending minority groups. Let's aspire to his standards shall we?

Excellent. I love your posts. They always put the world to rights. You have me as your number 1 fan.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't see why these happenings are seen in such bad light. I'm currently watching Gran Torino which personifies prejudices and stereotypes and is an acclaimed film with a racist theme.

If he was dressed as a cop killer or a Boko Haram member then I could understand the fuss, but he's dressed as a popular Swansea footballer, nothing more, nothing less.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm only put out by people's total lack of understanding as to why it can be see as inappropriate as I am every time this conversation comes around.

It's the opposite of inappropriate - it's a cracking fancy dress and the fella should be rewarded accordingly with plenty of praise for his efforts - as should his mates. I don't see any other point to discuss in this thread apart from how good or not good the fancy dress is?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Corrected for you

"YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT MOTHERS" image.jpg
:lolol:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Fair enough, maybe try and contact Bony and tell him your "put out" and please could he be put out as well.

I'm not asking for him or anyone to be put out. I'm only asking people to think about the historical context instead of just moaning that it's PC gone mad.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
it could only happen in Wales .........................mind you in the village we lived in they all dressed like that :lolol:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I don't like the answer because it's not even vaguely similar. White Chicks vs. a form of "entertainment" steeped in centuries of racial prejudice. Hardly the same is it.

Women have been subject to centuries of prejudice by men in different cultures around the world.

The logic that follows is that men dressing up as women "for entertainment" should also be banned?

Good luck with that by the way...........

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thanks Gran. I always appreciate the love at this time of year. 'tis the season to be jolly and tonight I most definitely are so doingness.

Top man.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Women have been subject to centuries of prejudice by men in different cultures around the world.

The logic that follows is that men dressing up as women "for entertainment" should also be banned?

Good luck with that by the way...........

Is it okay to do it for pleasure? My Thursday nights are important to me.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Mary from The Royle Family went to a fancy dress party as Shaun Wright Phillips but everyone thought she was Desmond Tutu. Surely she should have been birched for her behaviour in front of millions of people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here