Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Fuga! Damuseau, Brandle, Bonifazio, Teklehaymanot , Van Niekerk, Gastauer, and Rejnen.

Attaque! Christophe Laborie

You can work out which race yourself :p

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Anyone advise me? If I want to cycle down the A23 footpath, is there a way of joining the A27 via footpath to The Amex or would I have to miss the 27 and go through Patcham etc.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fear not [MENTION=21278]Willy Dangle[/MENTION], someone will know, they'll be along later.

[MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION], I'm glad you finally got your groove back.
Do you actually need your testicles, anyway?

And finally from me.

There's the outside chance one of my fantasy teams has smashed it to smithereens.
There's also the probability both teams have done average.

Big Jeff took the last place 10 points plus 5 for a team mate victory, I'm gutted.

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Anyone advise me? If I want to cycle down the A23 footpath, is there a way of joining the A27 via footpath to The Amex or would I have to miss the 27 and go through Patcham etc.

Where are you coming from? You will have to go through Patcham and up and over, if you go that way. However, I would probably ride to Lewes along the bottom of the Downs then back along to Falmer from there if I was coming from anyway north of the Downs if it was me. That way is a much more pleasant ride and is quicker too if you are starting anywhere east of the A23.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My mate just text me my first Strava telling off.

'I think the comments are supposed to be positive'.

Lucky that was me being positive or I could have got banned :lol:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Where are you coming from? You will have to go through Patcham and up and over, if you go that way. However, I would probably ride to Lewes along the bottom of the Downs then back along to Falmer from there if I was coming from anyway north of the Downs if it was me. That way is a much more pleasant ride and is quicker too if you are starting anywhere east of the A23.

West of the A23 at Southwater so Lewes is probably too far the other way. Was hoping to pick up the A23 path at Bolney and the follow the 27 somehow. Thanks for your help.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My mate just text me my first Strava telling off.

'I think the comments are supposed to be positive'.

Lucky that was me being positive or I could have got banned :lol:

So what did you say? I couldn't give a stuff if I got non-positive comments.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So what did you say? I couldn't give a stuff if I got non-positive comments.
I commented on his time over an incredibly short section that is scaling a railway bridge.
I didn't know it would even be catagorised, and crawled up in 22 secs, looking at the sights.
The record is 9 seconds.
My mate did it today in 19 secs. (his PB is 11 secs).

I laughed at his time while noting it was within his 100th mile TODAY.

Anyway I intend to at least have a respectable time tomorrow afternoon, probably 19 seconds!!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just finished watching the highlights programmes of Paris-Nice then Roma Maxima.

Wow!, what a finish to Roma Maxima! Bloody brilliant watch that was. Lovely seeing little Pozzovivo flying up through those really narrow cobbled (sort of) streets with only Valverde able to hold onto him. But the run in to the finish with these two from over 30kms out was a real nail biter. Looked always that they'd do a Sagan/Kwiatowski job but then suddenly from nowhere the peloton was bearing down on them. Gutted for Pozzovivo to be swallowed up on the line like that, but fair play to Valverde for just about hanging on for the win. Great racing!

Paris-Nice was a bit weird. Looked like a nervous first week of a TdF with all those crashes. Shame young Coquard got himself boxed in on the barriers at the sprint finish, but fair play to SB's mate Bouhanni on a fine win. Real shame to see TJVG have to drop out due to illness already.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bet 365 had odds on Strade Bianche, unfortunately from my point of view as I did not win anything. Coquard at 10-1 is pretty good, I'm expecting these sprint stages to be between him Degenkolb and Bouhanni.

It's just my luck - went with Paddy Power as they always seem to have the best odds and the most races and first odds up, and now they seem to have dropped away (still nothing up for TA :( ). If I could have got anything 10/1 or better on Kwiatowski for Strade Bianche I would have bitten their hand off. Who did you have? - Sagan on the nose rather than e/w?

Nothing from Coquard for me today, but he was well worth a go I think. Will keep my powder dry for tomorrow as there's a very slight kick to the finish and with Meersman looking very lively and Degenkolb and Bouhanni on song I may be throwing money away if I take Coquard again. Perhaps I'll come back to him another day in this race.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It's just my luck - went with Paddy Power as they always seem to have the best odds and the most races and first odds up, and now they seem to have dropped away (still nothing up for TA :( ). If I could have got anything 10/1 or better on Kwiatowski for Strade Bianche I would have bitten their hand off. Who did you have? - Sagan on the nose rather than e/w?

I was with Paddy Power last year, but my lack of success meant I exhausted my funds. You would think that one company would have the foresight to put most of the races on. They would surely get all the cycling punters then. Sagan was on the nose so nothing for me. Have to say I decided against Kwiatowski, think he was available at around 12s, I won't make the mistake again come Ardennes, then I doubt the bookies will either.

Nothing from Coquard for me today, but he was well worth a go I think. Will keep my powder dry for tomorrow as there's a very slight kick to the finish and with Meersman looking very lively and Degenkolb and Bouhanni on song I may be throwing money away if I take Coquard again. Perhaps I'll come back to him another day in this race.

Meersman looks good for the overall to me, not sure what you would get for G for the overall but he may be worth a look. Rui Costa is too short when there are so many variables over an 8 stage race. Just checked G, 13-2 (I have had 25p each way) and Meersman 28-1 (another 25p e/w). Today's stage has no real value, Bouhanni and Degenkolb are both 5-2, Coquard now out to 15-1, may have a piece of that for stage 3 which finishes on the Magny-Cours motor racing circuit, should suit him.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
ANDY SCHLECK WATCH

I nearly forgot this in all the excitement at the weekend. Stage 1 Paris Nice, our hero Andy fought bravely against cross winds, crashes and a split in the bunch to finish an amazing seventeen and a half minutes ahead of Geoffrey Soupe on the day. He is still in with a shout at a mere 2:00 minutes down on the GC, I'm sure once we hit the mountains he will catch up the lost time :facepalm:

He also managed to get a 200 franc fine for not sticking to the course.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Also Schleck finished 159th out of 167 finishers.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
ANDY SCHLECK WATCH

Out the back of the peloton, again!

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Can i ask a favour from the betting fraternity on here?

Me and some friends are doing a little sweepstake league of some upcoming one day races. Basically we are going to draw riders for each race and award points depending on where they finish. The league will cover about 7 races.
In order to facilitate this we will need a reliable betting list prior to each race so that we can make our random draw from, say, the top 10 riders in the betting.

Not being much of a gambler, my question is...
Is there a particular bookies that pays a bit more attention to cycling and will provide a decent stab at the favourites or are they all much of a muchness?
I haven't picked any obscure races, so shouldn't be any problems on that front.

Ta.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
2,3,4,6 for me from the top 10. Looked like G was up there too. The Andy Schleck of sprinters Matthew HARLEY Goss was nowhere to be seen despite a lot of work from OGE.

Also if you watch a rerun keep an eye out for Meersman's crash 10km out and blatant tow from the OPQS team car, it goes on for about 5km minimum. He will be getting a time deduction hopefully, as it was so blatant.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Can i ask a favour from the betting fraternity on here?

Me and some friends are doing a little sweepstake league of some upcoming one day races. Basically we are going to draw riders for each race and award points depending on where they finish. The league will cover about 7 races.
In order to facilitate this we will need a reliable betting list prior to each race so that we can make our random draw from, say, the top 10 riders in the betting.

Not being much of a gambler, my question is...
Is there a particular bookies that pays a bit more attention to cycling and will provide a decent stab at the favourites or are they all much of a muchness?
I haven't picked any obscure races, so shouldn't be any problems on that front.

Ta.

Best idea would be to do it from an odds checker website, that way you should definitely get all the races and a more reliable indication of who the top 10 riders are pre race.

Like this one Odds Checker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here