Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currently NO TRAINS for the Colchester or Forest games

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Anyone know Paul Barber's email address? I want to suggest it to him...

The club's statement http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rail-strike-information-3213295.aspx suggests that they are focusing on making alternative transport arrangements rather than shifting the match (back) to the Saturday. 3 of our first 4 (and 4 of our first 7) home games are midweek, and that trend is likely to worsen if Sky televise some of our Sept and Oct games and beyond (and now that we're firmly on Sky's radar they invariably will). Sadly, Albion fans seem destined to suffer the midweek evening delights of SASTA for a fair chunk of this season. Saturday 3 pms kick offs at the Amex are likely to be a rarity all season, which is a great shame as that's usually a great occasion and family/friends day out. The (fans') price of BHA's success!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Won't and no in the same sentence = double negative.
Don't and not in the same sentence = double negative.

Next.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Forest fans will already have made their travel arrangements (abeit many of them coming by trains will be as screwed as we are now). Plus I think Forest have already laid on free coach travel for their fans attending as well. Even IF Barber was of a mind to appeal to the FL and Sky, which I very much doubt, there's no way this will get bumped back to the Saturday at 2 weeks notice.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Anyone have any other realistic suggestions to get from London Bridge to the AMEX for this game?

If I am not mistaken the nearest Seagull Travel pick up is Pease Pottage?

If there is extra P&R and coaches from certain stations...still have to get from London to Sussex.

Also, how many others will be coming from the London Bridge area, maybe we could all travel together??

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Anyone who thinks that Barber is going to ask for game to be switched to Saturday is sadly deluded,the mans contempt for the fans oozes out of him,we are an inconvenience and annoyance to him,that's all we'll ever be.
In my opinion.

tumblr_nm10kfTjJU1rfd7lko1_400.gif

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Anyone have any other realistic suggestions to get from London Bridge to the AMEX for this game?

leave early. trains will run to Brighton, just fewer and therefore busier. Brighton to Falmer will be the issue, expect CHAOS at the station.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Taxi from town to the Amex probably the simplest solution and only a couple of quid each if there are four of you..

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well...would you not be frustrated if you have one method to get to work Monday to Friday. this method being so unreliable that you cannot see your son before he goes to bed midweek. The commute to work is bad enough, the only relief from normal life I get is going to football. Those 90 minutes when you do not have to worry about anything else except those 11 blue and white heros on the pitch. So when you are now not able to do this and you are paying for the privilege...I think I have a right to be pissed off with the whole situation.

Im not taking sides, the whole thing needs to be resolved as its having a huge affect on many peoples lives!

Yes of course I'd be frustrated, and I absolutely agree with you, I'd feel the same way, but this is just the sort of response the RMT are trying to generate, in order for Govia Thameslink to buckle, so they can achieve their aims.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If you are Hastings area then pm as have space in my car .

Not a bad idea , i would pay a few quid toward petrol for the park and ride or car park at amex if somebody offered me a lift that lived nearby , in theory its easy to do people who need a lift say so and where from , people with spaces in their car pm them , sorted .

p.s can you pick me up from romford for the forest game about 3pm cheers .

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Im not taking sides, the whole thing needs to be resolved as its having a huge affect on many peoples lives!

I wonder how many people have lost their job because of this chaos or been forced into leaving their job in search of one where trains are not needed. Not something that concerns the union of course as they won't be their members.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Well it's the pub for Forest for me then - even if Thameslink & Gatwick Express were running I don't think I'd get back to Brighton station in time for the last train back to London after either game.

So frustrating - if we hadn't moved it to the Saturday, everything would have been fine. I hate Sky Sports :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here