Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currently NO TRAINS for the Colchester or Forest games

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm seething because it may well turn out I have to stay at someone's house if there are no Southern trains on the Tuesday night (no other option). All very petulant by the RMT. To call a five-day strike is ridiculous. I hope there's repercussions for them in the future. Maybe a massive boycott of buying season tickets next January and everybody smashing the barriers to get through. Something drastic has to be done. Without loyal commuters money they would have nothing. Mercenaries.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Just to point out, trains would likely still be somewhat stuffed if the game was on a Saturday. Rolling stock is always in the wrong place the day after a strike, so while a Saturday game wouldn't have been as bad, it still wouldn't be great.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
How about everyone turn up at stations within the travel zone and demand Southern get Taxi's for us? After all, the club have paid them for a service already.

And that is part of the problem! Southern already have our travel tax so where is the incentive for them to deliver a service?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
PB should be having a word with southern rail about the enormous sum of money the club pays these tossers for travel services and that we partly pay for on our season ticket. I (ie PB) would be wanting an effing refund of some sort (not for he Colcheter game before the pedants pick me up on that) .

This. But he clearly isn't bothered is he? Or he would have a Service Level Agreement in place with financial penalties if Southern don't deliver the service they have agreed to provide- and been paid for..

Jan 30, 2008
Did you miss the suggestion by the RMT where there would be no industrial action for 3 months if SASTA suspended their proposals for the same time whilst talks took place ? SASTA point blank refused, they couldn't even be bothered to turn up for a meeting with the RMT this week so why get ACAS involved ?

HAVE A WORD WITH YOUR BOSS !
regards
DR

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Will Southern have sufficient staff to go on strike? I thought most of them were skiving on the sick.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Really ? you don't think there is a double negative in both sentences ?
No not at all, in the first sentence he is saying there ''wont'' be ''no trains'', in the second he is saying they dont just ''not run trains'', easy really.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not a bad idea , i would pay a few quid toward petrol for the park and ride or car park at amex if somebody offered me a lift that lived nearby , in theory its easy to do people who need a lift say so and where from , people with spaces in their car pm them , sorted .

IMHO a car share scheme would be mutually beneficial to many fans and could well be the way forward. Certainly preferable to giving SASTA the time of day.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
You are mistaken as the nearest pick up point to London Bridge is Redhill
The coach leaves from there at 5.15 and we generally get to the Amex "about" 7pm ish
Traffic will probably be heavy so may be a bit later than that

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Anyone have any other realistic suggestions to get from London Bridge to the AMEX for this game?

If I am not mistaken the nearest Seagull Travel pick up is Pease Pottage?

If there is extra P&R and coaches from certain stations...still have to get from London to Sussex.

Also, how many others will be coming from the London Bridge area, maybe we could all travel together??

The nearest pick up point to London Bridge is Redhill
The coach leaves from there at 5.15 and we generally get to the Amex "about" 7pm ish
Traffic will probably be heavy so may be a bit later than that

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Disastrous for the many who travel from London and beyond and prefer not to drive.
This dispute is proof, as if needed, of the shocking incompetence of the political class.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Will they? Which trains don't have conductors along the Coastway? (They can get round this by calling at 'Manned' stations only I grant you but I doubt they will)

They use managers etc... to replace the conductors normally on strike days is my understanding. Which is the main reason that services still run, albeit more limited.

theboybilly

They use managers etc... to replace the conductors normally on strike days is my understanding. Which is the main reason that services still run, albeit more limited.

They haven't got enough staff now let alone managers to run a service mate. Trust me, using managers will be fraught with all manner of problems unless they tear up the working schedules (diagrams) and run yet another 'emergency timetable' that probably won't work. Even if they did use managers I would think the Rush-hour services would take priority over off-peak ones. Managers are there to manage which means they have to be able to attend an incident which could be one of a million things. In all my time on the South Central division I have rarely seen a manager used - Southern may be different but in all honesty I can't see it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
IMHO a car share scheme would be mutually beneficial to many fans and could well be the way forward. Certainly preferable to giving SASTA the time of day.

Well i was part jesting and part fishing and the fishing bit worked extremely well , some nice kind Nsc'er will be picking me up from Chadwell Heath , i wasn't going to bother going as it's too much of a unknown scenario at the moment so i guess it could work yes .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here