Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Yep, we get it. We've established earlier in the thread, that your new keeper, is excellent business, whilst all of our signings are 'untested' in the PL, therefore a risk.

Correct .

I keep hearing how good this GK is and how he was the 3rd best keeper in Spain but who as played more games in goal this preseason? Poppadom Hands or the Non English speaker?

What ever happened to the other World Class Keeper you bought? Mandanda wasn't it? He regretted his move and didnt want to come back to you for preseason last year iirc?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You must know something that I don't. If Zaha and Mahrez weren't the best two players outside the top 6 last season, who was?

Please do. I've looked back through the thread and I simply can't see it.

Was a tough find, admittedly.

And yes, to above, I think Ballon D'or nominee and oft-quoted as one of the most skilful players on the planet in his prime, Vicente might have something to say about that.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I keep hearing how good this GK is and how he was the 3rd best keeper in Spain but who as played more games in goal this preseason? Poppadom Hands or the Non English speaker?

What ever happened to the other World Class Keeper you bought? Mandanda wasn't it? He regretted his move and didnt want to come back to you for preseason last year iirc?

The goon squad were CREAMING themselves over the Mandanda signing at the time too. Does anyone see a pattern here?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He's the best player ever to play for either of our clubs. When he leaves it'll be utterly tragic, but at least I'll have that :)

Mark Lawrenson, 5 First Division titles, 1 European Cup, 1 FA Cup, 3 League Cups.

I rest my case

Oh, and a first team regular in what was the best team in Europe, if not the World, at the time. Up against a player who couldn’t hack it at Manchester United, and Cardiff City.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You must know something that I don't. If Zaha and Mahrez weren't the best two players outside the top 6 last season, who was?

Mark Lawrenson, 5 First Division titles, 1 European Cup, 1 FA Cup, 3 League Cups.

I rest my case

Ha forgot about Lawro. So Lawro and Vicente, any more for any more?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Vicente is without doubt that player... But carry on.

2012-2013 Championship Play-Off winner and 2015-16 FA Cup Runner up is better than winning La Liga, UEFA Cup, UEFA Super Cup and Copa del Ray. And lets not mention a player who went on to win 5 league titles, 3 League Cups, 1 FA Cup and a European Cup after leaving us.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Was a tough find, admittedly.

And yes, to above, I think Ballon D'or nominee and oft-quoted as one of the most skilful players on the planet in his prime, Vicente might have something to say about that.

Ok you're right. He should carry on. It's shooting fish in a barrel but it's bloody funny.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ok you're right. He should carry on. It's shooting fish in a barrel but it's bloody funny.

Honestly, it's so much fun. Next he'll explain that he once again misspoke about the best player thing, and that no, it's the best player with a Z in his name, AHHH gutted you BHA are all idiots etc.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Honestly, it's so much fun. Next he'll explain that he once again misspoke about the best player thing, and that no, it's the best player with a Z in his name, AHHH gutted you BHA are all idiots etc.

Still Vicente (Rodriguez)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It was best player ever to play for either club as well.

We've had the pure class of Vicente and Lawrensen but closer to home, Ian Wright was twice the player that Zaha will ever be.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We've had a lucky escape then . Still , our new midfielder isn't too shabby .

Meyer could be a coup to be fair. Maybe some echoes of Lewis Holtby and his ill-fated spell at Spurs, but he could be a great signing.

I see the German press are saying some nice things about him and Palace, seems to be a lot of bitterness towards him :lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It was best player ever to play for either club as well.

We've had the pure class of Vicente and Lawrensen but closer to home, Ian Wright was twice the player that Zaha will ever be.

Yeah, I agree, and Vince Hillaire wasn’t bad, the *******. Kenny Samson, not up there with Lawro , but a terrific left back.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
The goon squad were CREAMING themselves over the Mandanda signing at the time too. Does anyone see a pattern here?
Exactly, like they do everyone they sign until the playet don't want to be there then said player was/is shit.

Doesn't just apply to players that leave. See Wayne Hennesy thread on BBS.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Palace fans remind me of a completely un-ironic version of Crodonilson. They speak in gushing superlatives about stuff that isn't actually that great. They just can't help themselves.

Zaha IS a good player, but thats never enough is it. He has to be "the greatest player to have ever played for EITHER club". Or "the best player outside the top 6". I suppose we shouldn't be surprised, being as the swivel-eyed gravity whore actually said out loud that he considers only Messi and Ronaldo to be better than him.

Its genuinely odd. Must be something in the water up there. Still, it gives us all something else to chuckle about dunnit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here