Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
So you migrated from some urban hell hole to the leafy Paradise that is Haywards Heath, to improve your quality of life? And yet, you would condemn foreign migrants who are fleeing real possibility of death,for wanting a better quality of life in Britain.

Can't see too many of those in Calais being able to afford a House in Haywards Heath

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
England is already one of the most densely populated countries on the planet. At least we could usher a few more of them up into Sturgeonland.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
So you migrated from some urban hell hole to the leafy Paradise that is Haywards Heath, to improve your quality of life? And yet, you would condemn foreign migrants who are fleeing real possibility of death,for wanting a better quality of life in Britain.

A solution to the housing problem maybe to build thousands and thousands of new low cost houses on Brown field sites.
We could get East European brickies, plumbers, plastered, and sparkies to move to this country to build them
when it affects those i consider my own, then yes i do, you live in worthing , hows it been affected ? much pressure on schools and hospitals, employment ? social housing ?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Can't see too many of those in Calais being able to afford a House in Haywards Heath

No, the ordinary people who were born there can't either, since London commuters moved in and made it a dormitory town.

Sussex for Sussex People I say:hilton:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Not bizarre at all, quite simple , tell me your occupation , lets see if its been affected by the immigration your so keen on , then we'll ask [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] and other buiding tradesmen what they think shall we ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No, the ordinary people who were born there can't either, since London commuters moved in and made it a dormitory town.

Sussex for Sussex People I say:hilton:
I might agree with you if i had forced local people out, if i requuired translation services , if i used the health services without contributing, if i didnt mix happily with local people, even to the extent of having season tickets for the local football club, if i had taken employment from local people , however none of those apply , so i can tell your spouting rubbish.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
when it affects those i consider my own, then yes i do, you live in worthing , hows it been affected ? much pressure on schools and hospitals, employment ? social housing ?

My point is, you moved to improve your life, you didn't move far, but you moved because you found your last hometown unpleasant. These migrants have a very real fear of dying, if they stay in their homeland, so they have moved to somewhere safer. You are the same, it is just different degrees

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What's the alternative? Our economic system relies on population growth - particularly as the population is ageing.

You seem to be missing the point,its 2015, mass uncontrolled immigration is not helpful at this time to the UK economy,controlled immigration however can be beneficial.

Those seeking Asylum add nothing to the economy whilst they are seeking as they are unable to work.Large numbers have applications rejected.

Seems to me the current problem is a logistical one,Germany is going to get to the point where it becomes overwhelmed with people making asylum applications. Merkel knows this and is looking to ease the burden. Experts in this area(and im not talking EU politicians) mostly from the UN have stated the people smuggling from Syria,Iraq Somalia Eritrea etc should be stamped on and the dangerous Med crossings closed with people returned to safe UN run refugee camps across North Africa and places like Turkey.EU politicians remain strangely silent of this expert advice.

And then you have the UK being criticized for not pulling their weight in accepting more Asylum applications.
Forget the facts about social cohesion and infrastructure etc etc,why is it the people calling the UK "nasty" only ever mention asylum seekers from the above countries, why not also mention the growing number of people coming from Bosnia, Macedonia, Kosovo, Serbia, Albania claiming Asylum,that Merkel wants us to take our "fair" share of who are making the current migrant situation even worse,

Is it because a large % of these have their asylum applications rejected? Bosnia (97% rejected) Macedonia (99% rejected) Kosovo (99% rejected) Sebia (99% rejected) Albania (89% rejected).

The application process for Asylum can be long and drawn out, considerable resources are used whilst applications are processed. I get it,we are an Island and have a natural border,but for those that are happy to see EU nations ignore The Dublin Convention and push the problem onto the next country and for those that have pushed for free movement of peoples around Europe and welcome mass uncontrolled migration have a good look………this is what it looks like in reality.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I might agree with you if i had forced local people out, if i requuired translation services , if i used the health services without contributing, if i didnt mix happily with local people, even to the extent of having season tickets for the local football club, if i had taken employment from local people , however none of those apply , so i can tell your spouting rubbish.

It's you're not your

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Not bizarre at all, quite simple , tell me your occupation , lets see if its been affected by the immigration your so keen on , then we'll ask [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] and other buiding tradesmen what they think shall we ?

I dont think there is one industry or occupation that doesnt have immigrants working in it. Let me know if you find any.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I dont think there is one industry or occupation that doesnt have immigrants working in it. Let me know if you find any.
Some have considerably more than others , as you well know,. I'm confident something would be done about EU immigration were it Lawyers , Accountants and other white collar workers whos prices were being undercut by lithuanians able to do so because they live 6 to a room.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
My point is, you moved to improve your life, you didn't move far, but you moved because you found your last hometown unpleasant. These migrants have a very real fear of dying, if they stay in their homeland, so they have moved to somewhere safer. You are the same, it is just different degrees
and my point is , that youre very keen because wont really affect you.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
and my point is , that youre very keen because wont really affect you.

How do you know my circumstances?
In my business, I am in daily competition with Chinese, Thai,Indian, Bangladeshi,Italian and American but I wouldn't use that as an excuse if my business failed. My kids can't afford houses in their home town,so they live in my house, but I don't blame migrants for that, I blame successive governments for allowing buy to let. My children, all in their twenties now, have many more ethnic friends than I have, which I see as a huge benefit,as they haven't grown up to be right wing racist reactionaries. My life has been saved by the NHS, where I have been treated and looked after by a myriad of nationalities, immigration affects every single person in this country on a daily basis, but some of us can see the huge amount of benefits that migrants have bought to this country over many many years. This is all without mentioning th five billion pounds of tax profit, they give to the United Kingdom

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Building new homes is just a pipe dream and not only suffers from diminishing returns due to population density it doesn't deal with the problem, if anything will make it worse.

As more and more people get sucked under and realise what the problem is a Brexit becomes more likely. At the moment the tories are subsidizing teachers to buy homes, that is the level (teachers pay plus subsidy) which you will get sucked under £35k?

It doesn't matter how much torys try to bribe with tax cuts, it wont match suppressed wages and rocketing rents. Voting for the big 3 parties is voting for your own impoverishment. And then theres the falling quality of life.

Who benefits? Owners of labour intensive companies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here