Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well this must be a tad annoying for Reading

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
SkyBet had him at 1/10 early this morning to be the next Fulham manager, then back out to 5-1 around 5pm and has now shortened again to 6/4 second favourite behind Nigel Pearson at 5/4.

From what I've seen, it looks like his 'u-turn' was a combination of Fulham not wanting to pay over a million in compensation and not being too keen on him bringing his entire backroom staff with him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As does every club.

IcyGull, the few Brighton fans I know are quite bitter over Coppell and the fact we nicked Sidwell too.

Yes, I'll run with Sidwell and Ingmarsson, we were VERY pissed off about losing them

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
As does every club.

IcyGull, the few Brighton fans I know are quite bitter over Coppell and the fact we nicked Sidwell too.

Not bitter with Coppell, in fact I think a lot fans loved the fact he came on the march for Falmer and continued to support the club's move to Falmer. But bitter with Reading as a club?... yes absolutley hate them.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
"I'm a professional and someone's prepared to pay a certain amount of money to speak to me about a possible job, it's something that, as a professional, I've got to look at," Clarke said.

"Everybody behaved very well. The club were great to me, they gave me the go-ahead to speak to Fulham. I had a good conversation with them and decided that what I had here was better for me at this stage."

No wins in 5 and now he has Royally :)moo:) pissed off the fans; Clarke is a dead man walking. Maybe they'll just sack him regardless as soon as Fulham appoint someone.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not actually going to laugh at them here, but I'm reasonably pleased with the outcome.

They've gone off the boil slightly in recent weeks, and going by many of the posts on HNA (which admittedly may have been made when they thought he was upping sticks for Fulham), he's not done a lot. His wins-per-game ratio is actually worse than Adkins' was. The fact that he's decided to stay won't suddenly bring joy and harmony all round- as you can see, there are plenty of people questioning his loyalty and wondering why he was even interested in Fulham. Plus it reduces the chance of Reading imminently bringing in a manager who's actually very good.

Fulham are also left up the creek. This is a win-win, I feel :thumbsup:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
If I were a Reading fan I'd be furious with Clarke. I don't like this "I'm a professional", "I'm just doing what's best for my career" excuse. Ok fair enough you're looking after yourself, but as you've made that destinction you can't expect people to welcome you back as if you're still committed to the cause. Thankfully it's not our problem. And on a side note, as Ernest says in his post, it can't do their ambitions for this season any good, which can only be a good things for us.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
If I were a Reading fan I'd be furious with Clarke. I don't like this "I'm a professional", "I'm just doing what's best for my career" excuse. Ok fair enough you're looking after yourself, but as you've made that destinction you can't expect people to welcome you back as if you're still committed to the cause.

The reading on the Goodwill Tank is zero.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Would you be more concerend as a Reading fan (your manager wanted to go to a team lower than you in the league!) or a Fulham fan (two decent managers have turned you down, are you doing things on the cheap, or are the powers that be interested in bringing in someone unpopular and trying to make it look like they had little choice!)?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here