Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not really sure what that has to do with anything?

Since they brought out Manchester United in 2005 the Bucs have got into the play offs once, whilst United have won the league 5 times, league cup three times, champions league once and another final.
But that's because Man United have a massive income and have done all that despite the Glazers taking millions out of the club.

The opposite of what these Americans are supposed to be doing at Palace. So it's not relevant.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
This can't be right. I thought Palace were a community club of and for the people of Croydon, not the corporate plaything of a foreign billiionaire.

That's right we think we're the "Whitehawk" of Croydon. And we've abandoned ideas of being renamed Croydon United or similar.

The bit in caps surely sums up Bloomton and Hove Albion, no?

That's right we think we're the "Whitehawk" of Croydon. And we've abandoned ideas of being renamed Croydon United or similar.

Bloomton, hahahahahahahahahahahaha, that's brilliant that is.

Wanker.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Even the most wall eyed palace fan realises that none of the proper London teams think of Palace as a fully fledged London team. Ask fans of Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham or Chelsea or Millwall who they consider as a local derby contender and NOT ONE of them would factor Palace. The only teams who might include them would be Charlton or Brentford.

If you travel to Palace it doesn't even FEEL like London. Getting off the train before Streatham is definitely NOT a foray to the capital.

I know it's a sore point with Palace who keep insisting they are a massive club from our nations capital but EVERYONE else knows that you're just a bunch of jesters from the burbs.

Streatham is nearer the Thames than Finchley I would guess. South London is essentially the SOUTH of LONDON.

And as for calling Brentford a local derby, what map are you looking at? For Bees it's QPR, then Fulham and ultimately Chelsea. They even had a bit of a thing with Wycombe Wanderers!

Palace was always the Millwall hate team until the mid-1970's, for proof read Eamonn Dunphy's revealing book about the 1973/4 season. Did Albion have a hate team before Venables v Mullery kicked off in 1976?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Bloomton, hahahahahahahahahahahaha, that's brilliant that is.

Wanker.

Bloomton it surely is. Who actually owns your ground? Who provided all the money for your wonderful training facilities in Lancing? Who's going to finance this hotel to be built alongside the AMEX?

Who basically keeps your club afloat every year? And who do you moan at when you can't attract the kind of big-money player who would probably get you promoted?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Laugh it up tit. We all know that you have made it to the promised land. We all know that you are the ones playing the top teams, and winning, in the most watched league in the world.

We also know that it won't last. We all know that, currently, you are doing well, but form is temporary. When you (inevitably) slide out of the top flight we'll be there to laugh you out of town. And we also know that, one day, the tables will turn and it will be us in the top flight.

Sometimes I look at what you've done, the famous victories you've achieved and I almost, ALMOST have some grudging respect. Then I remember the bad smell that accompanies your club, the rip offs, the dives, the cheating and lies. And I just think that you'll come unstuck one day soon. karma. Innit.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Palace should embrace the Yankification of their club as it could finally give them a real identity, one that suits them.

In the last few years they have thrashed around a bit trying to present themselves as 'old school' just because their stadium has had no investment. In reality the core of Palace is the opposite of old school football. Their fans have tried to import European fan culture to present themselves as something they are not in order to fill the vacuum where the club's soul should be. Ask the rest of football and they will always be the dodgy spivs of Terry Venables & Malcolm Allison, writing off debts and importing foreigners that they don't pay for. Danny Baker summed it up with the memorable description 'Horrible Suburban Crystal Palace in their loathsome showbiz kit.'

They may as well take the opportunity of the US investment to go the whole hog. They already have the sleazy cheerleaders and goal music, why not bring in a marching band and have the players run out through big paper pictures of themselves? It would be far more in keeping with the historic and current reality of them as a club than continuing to pretend that they are like working class Portsmouth battling modern fan culture in the big leagues. The only things they have in common with Portsmouth are the awful ground and the dodgy finances that made it possible.

Embrace it Palace. You could even change your name to the 'London Eagles' (or perhaps the 'Almost London Eagles')

Ermm perhaps you could describe what exactly your "cheerleaders" do and who they are designed to appeal to...Danny Baker?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Streatham is nearer the Thames than Finchley I would guess. South London is essentially the SOUTH of LONDON.

And as for calling Brentford a local derby, what map are you looking at? For Bees it's QPR, then Fulham and ultimately Chelsea. They even had a bit of a thing with Wycombe Wanderers!

Palace was always the Millwall hate team until the mid-1970's, for proof read Eamonn Dunphy's revealing book about the 1973/4 season. Did Albion have a hate team before Venables v Mullery kicked off in 1976?

In my young days, long before you emerged and jumped on the BHA band wagon because nobody else would give you the time of day, our rivals were and to me still are Portsmouth.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

You miss the point. I'm saying that, Eamonn Dunphy aside, the other London teams think you are a joke and not local rivals. Over the years even Millwall and Charlton have decided that they can't be arsed giving Palace the respect of local rivalry. They ALL laugh at you mate. And you know it.

It's a real thorn in your side that you are left with Brighton as your big rivals because the capitals teams ignore you in your stripy pyjama outfits, Dave Clarke five, ultra bellends. Tits.

The more you insist you are a London team the more pathetic you look.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Typical Palace goon. Can't counter the arguments put forward so latches on to one tiny part of an eloquent post.

And still gets it wrong....

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Laugh it up tit. We all know that you have made it to the promised land. We all know that you are the ones playing the top teams, and winning, in the most watched league in the world.

We also know that it won't last. We all know that, currently, you are doing well, but form is temporary. When you (inevitably) slide out of the top flight we'll be there to laugh you out of town. And we also know that, one day, the tables will turn and it will be us in the top flight.

Sometimes I look at what you've done, the famous victories you've achieved and I almost, ALMOST have some grudging respect. Then I remember the bad smell that accompanies your club, the rip offs, the dives, the cheating and lies. And I just think that you'll come unstuck one day soon. karma. Innit.

I'm not laughing, I just wonder why an Albion website has to subsist on the bile of supporters who have only ever had four years in the top league, a shorter time in fact than they had in the bottom tier in the last 50 years - check.

They had then a club-owner (Bamber) who rather than improving their historic ground (as Arthur Wait had the foresight to do in 1969 at Selhurst) just (presumably) took the fans' money and ran, leaving you with a pathetic rusting heap which was only suitable for a redevelopment.

Now you have Tony Bloom who at least and at last has given you a decent ground to play on. Enjoy it. While you can...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What is so wrong with being a Surrey club?
Is it because you see yourselves as cheery, cheeky cockerney geezers, and not the stockbroker, suburban, belt small time, provincial, club with fickle fans who were Chelsea, , Arsenal and Spurs supporters, and who will no doubt return to tthat allegiance when you fall out pf the top flight?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
What cracks me up about Palace is they claim to be against modern football - but then they have a few hundred utter randalls behind the goal calling themselves ultras. Now I am only in my late 20's but I don't think there was ever noddys claiming to be ultras back in the day?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm not laughing, I just wonder why an Albion website has to subsist on the bile of supporters who have only ever had four years in the top league, a shorter time in fact than they had in the bottom tier in the last 50 years - check.

They had then a club-owner (Bamber) who rather than improving their historic ground (as Arthur Wait had the foresight to do in 1969 at Selhurst) just (presumably) took the fans' money and ran, leaving you with a pathetic rusting heap which was only suitable for a redevelopment.

Now you have Tony Bloom who at least and at last has given you a decent ground to play on. Enjoy it. While you can...

This is the same Mike Bamber who you were in consultation with to get a joint ground at various sites betweeen Gatwick and Hickstead none anywhere near Croydoin or Sth Norwood.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

An excellent point. The fact our ground was sold out from underneath us is our fault is it? The palace way is to run up huge debts and desperate creditors the jib the lot of them.
Brighton fought an honourable fight that brought us to to our knees but we never shafted anyone in the process. We spent years in the wilderness but we did it with dignity, earning the respect of every team in the leagues whereas you...well, let's not go over it again because it's just embarrassing.

You should have been flushed away with the other shit years ago but some sharp practice and double dealing kept you hanging on just long enough for you to slip through a crack into the top flight.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Very well said.
The bold bits have a particular resonance.

JesterVille is just a flimsy House of Cards.

They are doing well this year, but the certainty is that it will not last. A couple of bad recruitment decisions, and it all comes crashing down. How low will they fall is the question for the crystal ball.

And yet they think these Americans are going to choose them as their charity of choice. No chance, they are in it for the money, and the balance will be minimum funding to preserve the PL revenue. A very, very fine balance and when it goes wrong there will be tears - and it couldn't happen to a worse set of gloating goons :rock:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

"Took the fans money and ran."

They say you can't slander the dead, but it seems that you are going to give it a damn good try.

Forced out of the club in 1984, diagnosed with cancer two years later, dead two years after that, but presumably, using the word presumably excuses you from any responsibility for your unfounded accusations, which you could have confirmed were not true with one minute on Google.

It would probably be best if you left this board and just took a long look at yourself.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Palace should embrace the Yankification of their club as it could finally give them a real identity, one that suits them.

In the last few years they have thrashed around a bit trying to present themselves as 'old school' just because their stadium has had no investment. In reality the core of Palace is the opposite of old school football. Their fans have tried to import European fan culture to present themselves as something they are not in order to fill the vacuum where the club's soul should be. Ask the rest of football and they will always be the dodgy spivs of Terry Venables & Malcolm Allison, writing off debts and importing foreigners that they don't pay for. Danny Baker summed it up with the memorable description 'Horrible Suburban Crystal Palace in their loathsome showbiz kit.'

They may as well take the opportunity of the US investment to go the whole hog. They already have the sleazy cheerleaders and goal music, why not bring in a marching band and have the players run out through big paper pictures of themselves? It would be far more in keeping with the historic and current reality of them as a club than continuing to pretend that they are like working class Portsmouth battling modern fan culture in the big leagues. The only things they have in common with Portsmouth are the awful ground and the dodgy finances that made it possible.

Embrace it Palace. You could even change your name to the 'London Eagles' (or perhaps the 'Almost London Eagles')

What an outstanding post brilliantly sums up what Palace have become.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A serious question for all the Palace on here who insist you are a London club, if you are, ergo Croydon is part of London

JSo how come three times in the last 15 years Croydon has applied for City status, and how would that work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here