Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, when you've been a bit of a knob with the wife....

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
This reminds me of a very helpful piece of advice I was given just after I got married.
The gentleman said " Before opening you mouth at the start of an argument/disagreement, stop and think to ask yourself these 2 questions. Do you want to want to be right? Or, Do you want to be happy?"
That advice has been very useful over the years.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
More seriously definitely do not buy her flowers, chocolate or take her out. Rewarding her for getting the hump is like giving a dog a treat for doing a turd on the floor.

Once you make that mistake you will be forced to repeat and regret it for the rest of your life.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
More seriously definitely do not buy her flowers, chocolate or take her out. Rewarding her for getting the hump is like giving a dog a treat for doing a turd on the floor.

Once you make that mistake you will be forced to repeat and regret it for the rest of your life.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If she pulls a knife on you, then quickly grab a loaf of bread. Instinct will kick in and she'll make you a sandwich.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
This reminds me of a very helpful piece of advice I was given just after I got married.
The gentleman said " Before opening you mouth at the start of an argument/disagreement, stop and think to ask yourself these 2 questions. Do you want to want to be right? Or, Do you want to be happy?"

This. One hundred times this.

As long as it doesn't have a detrimental impact on your life, saying sorry is easy. If you've "been a bit of a knob". Just admit it and say sorry. TBH even if you haven't, what do you gain by being right?

"winning" in these circumstances is being happy not being smug.

It's a bit like internet arguments.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Sage advice.

As the old saying goes, "Happy wife, Happy life".

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
During the last Ice age I said I'm fed up with trying to get you to talk I'll make you a card that you can hold up when it's over, it had an effect!

Jul 7, 2003
For some reason I picture Mrs HT as a saintly figure with endless patience and compassion ... :angel:

As someone who has had the great honour of knowing Frau Tubthumper I can confirm that these are just two of her many, many fine qualities.

If HT is in trouble then there are not enough Gods around to help him. It was nice knowing you mate...

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
If i've done or said something worthy of an apology then I simply apologise. If she doesn't accept it or carries it on or refuses to let the issue go I just ignore her and relish the silence whilst she winds herself up. Life's too short to let someone else stress you out so keep it simple and they soon get over it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If its your fault, pull your pants up and behave.

If its her, think about whether its worth it.

Mrs Tackle is saintly, and we don't do 'falling out'. Also, I have had lots of practice (twice divorced, and several other failed relationships), and have learned to not chase lost causes, or piss in my own tent. Eventually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here