Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, when you've been a bit of a knob with the wife....

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
What I don't understand is when the mrs says "what do you think you are doing? You are not sleeping in MY bed tonight. You know what you did and I'm still mad at you."

Usually I have no idea what I did but I move out to the guest bedroom and apologize for whatever I might have done.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mrs HT thought that the European Space Agency was an EU institution...

Have to say this really did make me laugh out loud.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What if she doesn’t agree with the Left Back situation?

The missus has only seen one Albion game, the game when Vicente beat Pompey single handedly. She asked me afterwards "why don't you get more players like him?" She knows her shit.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If i've done or said something worthy of an apology then I simply apologise. If she doesn't accept it or carries it on or refuses to let the issue go I just ignore her and relish the silence whilst she winds herself up. Life's too short to let someone else stress you out so keep it simple and they soon get over it.
Simple, rational but brilliant advice to anyone in a relationship, which I wish I'd been told when I was 20!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
What I don't understand is when the mrs says "what do you think you are doing? You are not sleeping in MY bed tonight. You know what you did and I'm still mad at you."

Usually I have no idea what I did but I move out to the guest bedroom and apologize for whatever I might have done.

:ffsparr: this is a joke right? This doesn't actually happen to men does it?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I refuse to argue with people. Wife or otherwise. If anyone has a pop at me I just end it by saying "You're probably right" and walk away. Let them waste thero own tome stewing over it, cos I ain't wasting any of mine.

Last edited:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
You poor saps. My missus gets a good strop on but generally apologises for it before the day is out and says she'll try to be nicer to me.
On very rare occasions she holds a hump for more than a day. I wait it out and once she's reasonable give her funbean plenty of attention. Soon enough she's forgotten what it was about and can't speak in words anyhow.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
On page 10 already and I can't believe that none of the wise folk of NSC have suggested taking her sister / best-mate to bed while the missus is out doing the shopping.
Then gives her a genuine reason to have a strop.

Poor effort ....

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
:ffsparr: this is a joke right? This doesn't actually happen to men does it?

Better than an argument that you have no chance of winning. We would argue for hours. This way you avoid the mess and the Mrs she gets some retribution.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I refuse to argue with people. Wife or otherwise. If anyone has a pop at me I just end it by saying "You're probably right" and walk away. Let them waste thero own tome stewing over it, cos I ain't wasting any of mine.

You will find NSC is just the place for you............A word of advice, put your saying "You're probably right" on copy & paste, you may well be using it quite a bit :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here