Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agreed, thats why I was specifically talking about it being in the longer term. If Hughton can help it he never likes throwing new players in at the deep end so the plan might be to get someone like Liam in and give them a season or so to adjust to the Premiership.

Well at the very least, bringing quality players in, even as potential 3rd and 4th choices, is only going to add to the strength of the squad, and push the existing players to even greater heights. Competition for places in all areas of the pitch is vital.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Lovely to think that we could finish mid table, but l fear survival will be the best that we can aim for this season. Personally l will be very happy if we can achieve that. As the saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day. Getting ourselves established in the Premier League is a slow process.
I believe we can stay up this season due to the fact we now seem to have adequate cover--- almost all over the pitch, a lot of our squad last year were good championship level players, now we are starting to move on in terms of ability and class
we were lucky last year without doubt -- a couple of injuries we could have been really struggling !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
2/3 of Reading fans, all 20 of them, are pragmatists on Moore:

IMG_2750.PNG

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
And also provide cover at right back which is currently shared between a 37 year old and a greyhound who is great going forward but a bit suspect defensively.

Yes, and this is key to our interest too I suspect. I believe Balogun can play RB too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think this perpetual debate about whether we should look to pay serious money for a central defender, or sign an ageing journeyman, is pointless anyway.

If Tony Bloom has the money and is willing to sepnd it then let him do it! Fourth choice or not, l'm sure he will be getting some game time this coming season, and it would be nice to have someone really capable around the place, and putting pressure on those above him for thier starting place.

Us supporters who have been around for long enough and followed the team through all those dark years, have become ingrained into thinking that we have to mend and make do, put up with other teams cast offs etc. Well hey, all of a sudden now we don't have to, and isn't that great?

The debate has been caused by the idiocy of BG. He just doesn’t seem to understand we are not hunting through the bargain bucket anymore. I hope your post helps his understanding, but I think he is still in ‘James Collins land’ TBH.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
The debate has been caused by the idiocy of BG. He just doesn’t seem to understand we are not hunting through the bargain bucket anymore. I hope your post helps his understanding, but I think he is still in ‘James Collins land’ TBH.

At least we can be thankful that we've moved onto James Collins land, and Colin Hawkins land is just a distant memory.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[SUB][/SUB]Sooooo has there been any news on Moore or the Sheff lad at all or are we just posting on this thread in anticipation?!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
At least we can be thankful that we've moved onto James Collins land, and Colin Hawkins land is just a distant memory.

I think we should have tried to re-sign that excellent goalkeeper Graeme Smith, (now with Stenhousemuir apparantly), he was terrific the first time round wasn't he?. Would definately have pushed Maty for his place. :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here