Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just finally got round to booking jnr Stat into the post track season sportive, I promised him.

Come Sept 13th we'll be riding 33 miles round Ashdown Forest, courtesy of Evans, desperately hoping BG's staying at home :lol:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
So just out of interest, approximately what do we all weigh? Just we know how much excess lumber we're carrying.

I'm about 95kg.
5'10' and 74kg.

That puts me 11kg over my race weight!!

On a different note, had a little bit of an aero splurge on eBay -

Token C580A wheels
Kask K31
TT saddle and adjustable stem

The first of these needs the freehub changing to campag - anyone any experience of doing this?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
5'10' and 74kg.

That puts me 11kg over my race weight!!

On a different note, had a little bit of an aero splurge on eBay -

Token C580A wheels
Kask K31
TT saddle and adjustable stem

The first of these needs the freehub changing to campag - anyone any experience of doing this?
That sounds like the sort of job you'll need a pretty big hammer for, maybe even a club hammer.

Oh and 63kgs :ohmy:, I've eaten meals heavier than that.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
That sounds like the sort of job you'll need a pretty big hammer for, maybe even a club hammer.

Oh and 63kgs :ohmy:, I've eaten meals heavier than that.
I'm wondering whether to bite the bullet and get my lbs to do it!

Yes, 63kg was not that much fun - I'd ache walking up the stairs and was very intolerant of the cold!

British cycling helpfully told me at my lab testing that I had a "few kilos still to loose". I tried that and got slower and sick very quickly!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
When I was doing a lot of mountain biking I was about 74kg at 6'2". I could out climb pretty much everyone else in the club, then started out on the race bike and found that I could climb roads as well. lol

Only problem being I then got lazy, settled down with the now fiancee and put on 20kg. Hills are hard work now. I plan on getting to about 85kg again though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not watched any cycling at all since TdF. Couldn't get to see Adam Yates San Sebastian victory even due to being on holiday.

Therefore, I can't wait for the Vuelta to start next weekend. GC line up is mouth watering :). Decent preview here from the GCN lot:

Fancy doing an Official Thread for it SB?, the reasoning being - if it ain't broke don't fix it - as you done such a fine job of the TdF one.

Perhaps [MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] can set us up another fantasy league too? Quite enjoyed the one off team pick for the TdF.

As for actually getting out on the bike myself. What with one thing and the other - bar the very short work commute, not had a proper ride in a good month or more. What little fitness I built up over the winter and Spring will have disappeared completely by now :(

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not watched any cycling at all since TdF. Couldn't get to see Adam Yates San Sebastian victory even due to being on holiday.

Therefore, I can't wait for the Vuelta to start next weekend. GC line up is mouth watering :). Decent preview here from the GCN lot:

Fancy doing an Official Thread for it SB?, the reasoning being - if it ain't broke don't fix it - as you done such a fine job of the TdF one.

Perhaps armchairclubber can set us up another fantasy league too? Quite enjoyed the one off team pick for the TdF.

As for actually getting out on the bike myself. What with one thing and the other - bar the very short work commute, not had a proper ride in a good month or more. What little fitness I built up over the winter and Spring will have disappeared completely by now :(

So you can't wait for all the little grand tour extras, just so long as someone else does all the work :lolol: :wink:

If we have a separate thread someone else can keep it ticking over, arguing with BG is playing havoc with my post count!!

I've just had a flashback to the Arctic Circle race.
I think the winner of each days biggest climb collected 500kgs of salmon.

What the f*** are you supposed to do with half a tonne of salmon:-

"What do you want for breakfast, love"
"Frosties please"
"Are you sure, can I interest you in a salmon?"

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
So you can't wait for all the little grand tour extras, just so long as someone else does all the work :lolol: :wink:

If we have a separate thread someone else can keep it ticking over, arguing with BG is playing havoc with my post count!!

I've just had a flashback to the Arctic Circle race.
I think the winner of each days biggest climb collected 500kgs of salmon.

What the f*** are you supposed to do with half a tonne of salmon:-

"What do you want for breakfast, love"
"Frosties please"
"Are you sure, can I interest you in a salmon?"

Makes the post Christmas Turkey sandwiches, Turkey curry, Turkey stew, etc... seem lightweight.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

a) That's about the size of it, yeah :thumbsup:

b) Since when did you of all people start worrying about post counts!? :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
a) That's about the size of it, yeah :thumbsup:

b) Since when did you of all people start worrying about post counts!? :lol:
Ah keeping my count down is good for my mental health.
It stops me from getting into mindless, brain numbing, rows with lunatics.
(a principle that I'm sure works both ways)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
84kg 6'.

Would like to get to 78 - 80kg, however that would take some sort of considered effort from me on the eating front which has so far not happened. Saying that, probably lost 3kgs since June when I was punching 87kg...

Cutting out crisps (bit of a snack weakness) would probably get me there!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I'll just leave this here...
e129934469cff12cf98d0e9726254340.jpg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

It'll feel like it next time you go for a proper one. Good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here