Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens Summer 2016 shenanigans (Merged Thread)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not usually one to take much notice of things posted on social media - but my wife has just watched a video on twitter of Dale leaving training about an hour ago....

Medical somewhere? Talks with CH, PB & TB??

This definitely isn't over yet.

Did this happen twice then?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Is this Groundhog day?

Actually that's a horrible thought. Having to relive transfer deadline day over and over.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is nothing unprofessional about handing in a transfer request. It is part of the rules.

There is plenty wrong with waiting until the last day of the transfer window imo. It screams greedy ******* with absolutely no loyalty to the club who pay his wages at the moment.

Maybe that's just me and this is a totally reasonable way to behave as a 21st century overpaid footballer

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I imagine it's relatively likely we told him to go home after he handed in his transfer request. I'd be very surprised if we rejected his request and then told him to go back to training.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Either that or he's hurtling up the M40 as we speak...
I'm in Chesham - I'm going to 'break down' at an inconvenient section of motorway - if he doesn't get to the medical, he stays.

Can someone else deal with the M6?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is plenty wrong with waiting until the last day of the transfer window imo. It screams greedy ******* with absolutely no loyalty to the club who pay his wages at the moment.

Maybe that's just me and this is a totally reasonable way to behave as a 21st century overpaid footballer

That's why I'm blaming the agent.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

It saves us his "loyalty" bonus though, does it not?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm hoping he is stuck on the M25 with no mobile phone signal or phone battery until 23:01 tonight. And then he can **** off and **** off again until he has ****ed off out the country never to be seen or heard of again.

Never mind the M25, he'll be lucky if he can drive up the M23.

[tweet]770951333172174848[/tweet]

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

If he has been saying to the club all along I want to go and I wont sign a new contract what else is he supposed to do at this stage? I am truly amazed it has got to this stage. Having said that I do wonder if the player/agent and club actually talk to each other. I am surprized the club have let it come to this.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Even if he ends up staying now having put in the request, it doesn't mean its all doom and gloom. He's a professional, he'll want to keep up the interest in him and he gets on with squad so he won't go out and not give it everything I don't think. Look at De Gea after Man U wouldn't let him go to Real. Had one of his best seasons.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

A transfer request was kind of inevitable as it was the only thing likely to change things.. it is the 1st confirmation from DS that he wants to go.. Maybe TB/CH thinking holding him to January.. by then we will know if we are in the hunt for promotion, and Burnley will know if they are struggling. At that stage, we will still be able to sell and make a profit (maybe not as much as now, but that's the gamble), we may have found a replacement, or relative outlooks convince DS to sign new deal.
Does feel OK at this stage that the Club wont be held to ransom, but worst case will push Burnley to make final, silly bid that we may accept. Yes we may not have time to reinvest now, but again, this will be a scenario the Club has thought about and planned for.
I just don't think anything that is happening today is a situation the Club wont have anticipated as a possible scenario..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here